“Mountain Music”
Review of The Cave

The Cave
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Cave is a truly one-of-a-kind concert and comedy venue in the heart of Big Bear. The lighting, sound, laser light shows, gourmet concessions, craft beer, comfortable seating, room to dance, and of course amazing acts are not common for such an intimate venue. It is this perfect mix of location, amenities, and amazing live entertainment that make The Cave a venue that will bring you closer to your favorite bands than you ever thought possible.
Reviewed August 13, 2017

I took my family to see the Bee Gees Gold tribune band in August 2017, and we all have a great time.

The cave is located in the middle of Big Bear Village. There are plenty of bars and restaurant all around the venue.

The cave has chair seating on two levels, and VIP seating on the left and right side of the stage for extra money. I also saw some tables and chairs near the sound booth that were reserved, so I'm assuming they are also extra money. I felt all of the seating offered a great view of the stage and the performance, unless the person in front of you decided to stand up and watch, there you are going to have a great view of someone's butt! There is also a dance pit in the front next to the stage.

We felt the ticket price of $25 was very reasonable. My young children who we are trying to convert to disco fans, were free! I found out the Cave used to be a giant movie theater, they have done a great job of turning in into a music venue.

Double check the starting time. I was told the band would start at 6:30PM, and to be there by 5:30 for the best seats (Only the VIP seats are reserved, everything else is first come, first serve). We got there at 5:30 to find out that the doors open at 6:30, that the opening band started around 6:30, and the Bee Gees Gold started around 7:30 or 8pm. I thought I would be rocking out to Staying Alive at 6:30, so you may want to double check the actual starting time.

All of the staff were professional and nice. They have lots of security. When you enter they will screen you for weapons and outside liquor.

The Cave has two bars. The drinks are typical music venue prices, cocktails were $9-15 depending on the quality of the liquor. The drinks were good. One of the bars served light food; nachos, popcorn, etc.

The Cave does get loud. We sat in the middle and didn't think the music was overly loud.

The bathrooms were clean.

This is my second time seeing a show at the Cave, and I had a great time at both shows.

I would recommend the cave to my family and friends.

All reviews
"great sound"
"concert"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed August 9, 2017

We saw Big Bad VooDoo Daddy at the Cave recently. While we are locals, this is only the second time we have visited the Cave and we went because we are BBVDD fans. The ticketing staff (female with facial piercings) is difficult to deal with as we couldn't buy the seats we wanted in person in advance and she kept giving us the excuse that TicketMaster hadn't updated their website and seating chart. (We got that excuse for a month.) We finally gave up trying to buy the seats we wanted and got the general VIP section seats. (However, both the Box Office employee at the Cave and the website warned that the seats were not reserved nor guaranteed.) We lucked out as we got there early and were able to sit up front at the railing (above lower level dance floor) so we had a good unobstructed view. However, the folks that had to pay for the VIP tables well behind us got screwed due to all of the people standing and moving from section to section. On both of our vists (a year apart) they had sound problems which were never quite worked out. The positives are that it is a small venue so you get to be closer to the talent and there is ample parking within a short walking distance. However, if I am going to spend good money on tickets/seats, I should be able to determine in advance exactly where I will be sitting and what the view is like. You won't be able to find out this information online or even if you go there in person in advance of the show. If you decide to visit the Cave, be prepared to stand for the entire time as you won't be able to get a guarantee of a seat, even in the VIP section.

3  Thank Steven C
Reviewed July 13, 2017

I recently saw Ted Nugent at the Cave. Besides having to listen to more of a political rally then a concert, I paid $200 for a VIP table so we would have a view of the stage without people crowding or standing right in front of us. Photos don't lie, see what view a $200 table gets you at the Cave. When trying to find security to have them keep stragglers out of the reserved table section, they were no where to be found because they were outside smoking. I know this because we left midway through the concert and that's where we found them. I live in Upper Moonridge, so it's not like I'm just a 1 time tourist to Big Bear.

3  Thank photoguy_60
Reviewed July 4, 2017 via mobile

Don't know if I was at an NRA Meeting, Trump Rally or how to grill a small animal lesson. But Ted kicked some butt. The Cave gives seating options. General admission meant standing room only. With an old time rock crowd that's not good. Old drunken Rockers have a tendency to fall down. If you can afford it pay for a reserved seat But be aware you may have a seat but there is a crowd standing in front of you you can't see unless you stand. Great place if you like to stand for hours. I will be back and probably stand again. Love Big Bear. Beware the 7000ft hangover.