“Very Nice and Quiet”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Big Bear City
Inn Der Bach Resort
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Staff is very friendly and helpful made you feel at home. They had everything we needed for our vacation. The rooms were clean and it seem like a home away from home. Anything we needed was given to us in a timely manner.I would book there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Yolanda G
Timothy682, Timothy, General Manager at Inn Der Bach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thrilled to hear about your five-star experience staying with us, Yolanda! It's always flattering to be considered a "home away from home." Think you'll get the chance to come back soon? We hope! Thanks so much for the stars and enjoy the rest of your summer.

Take care,

Timothy, General Manager

There are newer reviews for Inn Der Bach Resort

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was looking to stay an extra day in Big Bear and every place I contacted was booked. But Inn Der Bach called me back due to a cancellation. They have very nice cottages tucked away off the main road in a residential area located at the historic Shay Ranch. I wasn't getting good wireless signal from my chalet so had to go the office to use my laptop. I understand they are working on fixing that for all the chalets that have this problem. Would like to see more TLC around the property grounds but it was great price for the location.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank R C
Timothy682, Timothy, General Manager at Inn Der Bach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thanks for reviewing us! We're happy that we were able to accommodate you at the last minute, and that you enjoyed your stay to boot. Though we're sorry if the WiFi was a little spotty. Like you mentioned, this is something we are working on improving.

Also, surprised to see you thought the grounds could use a little more tender love and care. We obviously care a lot about our hotel and we take your comments seriously. We are taking great care and time to improve Inn Der Bach one day at a time. In your future stays with us, please feel free to let us know how we can make your stay more enjoyable.

I hope to hear back from you! Thanks again and take care.

Best regards,

Timothy, General Manager

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Tim is such a nice person and very personable! Accommodations were just right, all new bedding, new dishes, silverware, utencils and pots and pans. There was also a Keurig machine with all the extra's to go with it. No complainants here. Bed was comfortable and very cozy. This place is off the beaten path and away from the hustle and bustle. NICE!! Only about 2-3 miles from town. Had a very large parking spot and the fireplace was great! Received our gift basket with candy, fruit, and a bottle of sparkling wine!!!! Will definitely be back again soon!!!

Room Tip: Good place to stay!!!! At this time there is no Wi Fi, but management is working on bringing it in...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mokell
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We took our four kids up for the weekend and they all had a blast. There was so much room for the kids to run and play and explore. Timothy, the manager went out of his way to make sure we were taken care of. Such a nice guy! The room was a little "out dated" but clean and tidy. It was what we expected for a mountain cabin. If your expecting The Four Seasons, definitely NOT going to get that. We've been to nicer places but also a lot worse. If you are super picky, don't go there. We will be back though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I bought a voucher on Deal Palooza for $89, I was able to upgrade and paid the difference to accomodate my family of six.Our stay was short, only a weekend. We stay in chalet #8 it was what we expected it had a cabin feel with the wood burning stove and the old fashion decor. It has a fully stocked kitchen that we used to cook breakfast only (because we were out the rest of the time exploring Big Bear). Service was excellent. Tim and his son receive us with a beautiful fruit basket filled chocolate dip strawberrys very delicious. The premisis is very quite, its in a residencial area. This place provided a quiet nite to rest. We will definately go back.

Room Tip: This place is a decent place to rest.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 404karenm
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We came up as a family vacation it was very nice,clean and spacious it is very old school but welcoming. I will go back again my kids and I loved it it is not the ritz carlton but rustic and great. I just wish there would have been more snow, we went to snow play the kids loved it it was very exhausting than we went back and relaxed in our room it was so quiet.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my room # 10 it had a kitchen
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alicia O
Reviewed February 28, 2013

So Scary, filthy and smelly. I couldn't even stay.
Tim, the manager and owners son, was very strange. He apologized that the office was covered in rubbish and stank. He then apologized that the bathroom in my room hadn't been cleaned. The stench was horrific. Instead choose to drive an hour down the mountain in the dark and another hour to my friends house. Luckily I had somewhere to go and a friends sofa to crash on. Tim the manager is now lying and saying I stayed so refuses to give my money back.
I have reported this business and everybody should do the same.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Kerri D
Timothy682, Manager at Inn Der Bach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

We here at the Inn Der Bach are very concerned about your comments made on this review site. After careful investigation into your stay with us the Following are the facts. You arrived at check in about 5:30pm and were greeted by asst manager Joseph. Our office showed no signs of construction. In the Lobby was a white lacquer baby grand piano, a DVD library, a coffee bar, and our check in desk. Since Timothy the manager was on vacation at the time. We review photos to back up claims of trash and disorganization. We found photos supported Joseph's view that office was clean and sanitary at the time you checked in. Photo evidence is on file and can be produced on demand. This review only popped up after you called booking agent and made the claim you never stayed here and wanted a full refund. Since the swipe of your credit card on Inn Der Bach Credit Card Machine proves your check in they refused your request to a full refund. In addition when Guest are checked into there rooms they are all told if there is anything you need day or night please let us know. Not one call from you your entire two day stay here. Upon check out you left your key in your room. No complaints until the refund was denied. We at Inn Der Bach take customer satisfaction very seriously and are always open to hearing from you our customers. Please feel free to give us a call anytime.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Big Bear City
#1 of 16 in Big Bear Region
Cathy's Country Cottages
Cathy's Country Cottages
#1 of 1 in Big Bear City

Been to Inn Der Bach Resort? Share your experiences!