“Romantic atmosphere with Wonderful food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tagine

Tagine
Reserve with OpenTable
Tagine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #56 of 318 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Moroccan, French, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Tunisian
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Los Angeles, California
“Romantic atmosphere with Wonderful food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

What a fabulous place! We found it through Trip Advisor and weren't disappointed. The dim lighting makes the menus a bit hard to read but it makes the romantic atmosphere so much more appealing. The service was exceptional and the 7 course tasting menu was a series of excellent dishes, each one better than the the last. From hummus to bastilla (cornish hen and eggs in phylo dough) to flavorful tiger shrimp and sea bass, the flavors were succulent with unobtrusive but always present servers. The chocolate soup and baklava at the end was the piece de resistance. The perfect end to our meal was our bill - reasonably priced wines and an amazingly low price for a 7 course meal in Beverly Hills. We'll be back soon

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank KBP7

Calgary, Canada
“AH-MAZ-ING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

Tagine is a small little restaurant that you would barely notice when you walked by. In fact, we didn't notice it the first time and had to double back!

We went on a Saturday night, which unbeknownst to us meant that ONLY the tasting menu was served (I guess this happens on Friday and Saturday nights). We were a bit surprised and the price for the tasting menu is steep ($65/person) but how often do you eat at a top rated restaurant in Beverly HIlls? So we came around to the idea, and then... we had one of the best meals we've ever eaten!

Here is my take on the food we got:

First off, we got a mystery 'on the house' hors d'oeuvre'. The waiter said what it was (some kind of soup in a little shot glass and bite sized phyllo thing) but we missed it. But, it was delicious!

First course: Hummus and pita. OMG. Hope you like garlic, and I do. This was probably the best hummus I've EVER had. I could have eaten it with a spoon (and at one point I think I might have).

Second course: Green Pepper Salad. Doesn't sound that great, right? Well think again. I LOVED this, and it is topped off with a scoop of lemon sorbet - who would have thought? I love cilantro but my sister doesn't, and for her this was her worst course although she still enjoyed it.

Third course: Bastilla. This is one of the best, most interesting things I've ever eaten. It is so unique, and all of the flavours work so well. the cinnamon and phyllo worked SO well with the cornish hen, which was cooked to perfection. This was an all around favourite.

Fourth course: Shrimp. Yeah, it was good. It was shrimp. A bit salty for me, but I don't put salt on my food normally, and my mom and sister who do really liked this dish and didn't find it too salty at all.

Fifth course: Sea Bass. Meh. It was a bit salty, but the flavours were nice. If I hadn't just had 30 minutes of delicious food I would have been disappointed, but I was easy to forgive at this point (did I mention we ordered a delicious bottle of Pinot?)

Sixth course: Honey Lamb. I'd been waiting for this! It was perfectly cooked to medium rare, which is just the way I like my lamb, but hard to get just right (for me at least). It was served with roasted potatoes which were good as well.. but MMM the lamb! What a great way to end the meal (not sure I could have eaten more at this point if I wanted to... but then....)

Dessert! Chocolate Soup and Apple Tarte. CHOCOLATE SOUP. WOW! It was rich but not too rich, sweet but not too sweet, and the perfect serving size. We actually couldn't finish it all which is crazy I know, but this is a lot of food!! It was also served with a sweet mint tea which my mom and sister loved, but was a bit sweet for me (I don't usually take sugar in my tea or coffee so I'm sure most people like it).

The service was great, the ambiance was nice, the music was just loud enough that you couldn't hear your neighbours conversations, but not so loud that you couldn't hear yours. My only complaint is that the bathrooms were.... yucky. There was some gunk around the edge of the sink and floors and there wasn't any toilet paper. Easy to tell the staff were (or appeared to be at least) all men! Our server was very apologetic when I asked if he could refill it.

This meal will definitely be one that I remember for a long time, and I look forward to going again next time I am in Los Angeles!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank kreyner
Phoenix, AZ
“Charming ambience w/small but exquisite menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

Restaurant is small and intimate. Food is exceptional. I had the lamb with honey and my sister had the lemon chicken, both dishes were delicious. The best lamb I've ever eaten anywhere! Prices were extremely reasonable. If you're not on a budget, consider the tasting menu. You get large-sized sampling of all the specialties on the menu.

• Visited March 2012
Hacienda Heights, California
“A nice little hide away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

It took us a while to find the restaurant, but it was well worth it! The decor is very intimate, and our hosts/waiters provided excellent service - attentive, patient and knowledgeable. We had the tasting menu, and the dishes were really good. I am not sure if they were all Morrocan flavours since they seemed to be more fusion-y to me than the typical Morrocan flavour.
I also love the fact that most dishes were very innovative. I will definitely be back.

Los Angeles, California
“our favorite restaurant in town- hands down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

We love Tagine. It is a great place to go for a romantic evening for 2 or a dinner with close friends. The service is excellent and so is the food. We always do the tasting menu and have never been disappointed. Some of our favorite dishes include the bastilla, lamb, and shrimp. The cucumber and tomato salad sounds ordinary, but served with lemon sorbet, it is special. Every dish is beautifully presented. And the dessert of hot chocolate soup and the Moroccan mint tea are some of my favorite things ever!

• Visited December 2011