“LA's hidden gem will pleasantly surprise you”
Review of Tagine

Tagine
Reserve with OpenTable
Tagine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #96 of 335 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I went to this classy yet comfortable Beverly Hills gem for my birthday in September. The food is to die for, and the intimate ambiance is just my style.

Each dish was beautifully presented and had the perfect combination of savory and sweet flavors. My friends and I decided to order a couple different items and we shared (and enjoyed) them all. We ordered the bastilla and black tiger shrimp as appetizers; lemon chicken and lamb honey sauce tagine (melts in your mouth!) as entrees; and had baklava, "chocolate soup" and mint tea for dessert.

I love the romantic, dim lighting and the soft booths and decorative pillows that lined walls. It's tiny (you can see both ends of the restaurant), so be sure to make reservations.

My only complaint is that it's a little hard to find, but I promise it's worth it! Hint, it's right next to a liquor store north of Wilshire!

1  Thank imanahan

Reviewed July 31, 2011

At first glance, you might not notice it, or not even give it a chance. It is super tiny, but give it a try, because this restaurant is so amazing! The service was very friendly and they timed all the entrees perfectly. We went with 4 people on a Saturday night and the only menu choice offered is a 7-course tasting menu. They are totally willing to change any entrees that you want to substitute, so don't let that turn you off. I'm pretty picky, and there was nothing that I wanted to change, it all sounded yummy. The food came out in perfect portions so that we were able to eat all the courses without stuffing ourselves. Every course was so delicious, and presented beautifully. My favorite was a cucumber & tomato dish with a scoop on lemon sorbet on top. It was so light and refreshing, and the bit of cool in your mouth was a little surprise. Other dishes included hummus, sea bass, lamb, shrimp, bastilla, and an apple tart. All wonderful! The restaurant wasn't very crowded, but I think it just needs word of mouth to spread to make it a neighborhood favorite. It's not the kind of Beverly Hills restaurant that you come to be "seen" at, but if you're looking for a great dinner it's a must!

Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I had dinner here. It is a small but busy restaurant. We had the tasting menu with a couple substitutions. From beginning to end, the food was excellent. We started with warm bread with marinated olives. Each course was wonderful - bstilla, lamb, beef. At the end, we were stuffed. But, if you go, save room for the chocolate soup at the end. By the way, the service was excellent.

Reviewed June 17, 2011

Definitely a hidden gem! When you come do the tasting menu!

Reviewed October 26, 2010

My wife and I were searching for an anniversary alternative to the usual stuffy, snobbish or self-consciously hip L.A. restaurant, and quite by chance came upon some reviews for Tagine in Beverly Hills. We realized we were taking a chance, but suffice it to say that the risk was rewarded beyond all expectations.

If you haven't been here before it's easy to miss -- the restaurant is marked by a nondescript door in an equally nondescript block of Robertson just north of Wilshire. Be alerted by the valet parking stand on the opposite side of the street.

Once you enter the small room (about 11 tables), you're in another world. The room is quietly and simply elegant, with small round tables, lit candles, and comfortable cushioned seating. At our 7 p.m. reservation time only one other table was occupied, though by the time we left two hours later all the tables were occupied.

On Saturday nights the only menu item available is the 7-course tasting menu, at a fixed price of $53 per person. The first course is simply a small serving of humus and eggplant with some hot slices of pita. At that point we thought we'd be leaving soon, and leaving hungry. How wrong we were. As the service, which was both friendly and impeccable, went on the menu items became more elaborate and more filling. By the time the 5th course arrived we were wondering how we were going to finish.

Each item was more delicious than the one that preceded it. Even though it was a fixed menu, they cheerfully substituted any item which was a dietary problem. My wife, for example is violently allergic to shellfish, so when it came time for a dish that contained scallops they substituted a delicious beef dish instead.

It was a two-hour gastronomical treat made more pleasant by cheerful and efficient service. Highly recommended, if you care at all for Middle Eastern cuisine. Our bill came to about $150 before tip, which included a carafe of sangria ($30) -- not cheap, but far from exorbitant in terms of value received.

1  Thank OldB0ldPil0t