“BIG Mistake... HUGE!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Blvd

The Blvd
Reserve with OpenTable
The Blvd is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 320 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Rodeo Dr. & Wilshire Blvd.
Description: Modern and lively, THE Blvd is the ideal spot to enjoy a leisurely breakfast, a power lunch, an afternoon break or a sophisticated dinner. Or, for the perfect see-and-be-seen atmosphere, check out the inviting outdoor patio overlooking Rodeo Drive. THE Blvd’s menu, created by Chef Claudia Fossa includes cuisine using local and sustainable ingredients, global influences as well as traditional menu selections to appeal to a wide variety. LIVE music Thursday - Saturday Thursday Dana Bronson Band, from 7pm to 11pm Friday and Saturday David Sparkman Band, from 9pm to 1am
The Woodlands, Texas
“BIG Mistake... HUGE!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

My boyfriend, who is from Los Angeles, and I were staying in Beverly Hills before we made a drive up the Pacific Coast Highway. During our stay we had several fantastic dining experiences, I will review them later.

This was NOT one of those experiences by the way!!!!!

So, just let me start by saying that this place is best example of poor management! We actually were referred to this place by our concierge as a fun and chic spot to have a few drinks and a great snack late in the evening. It was within walking distance of our hotel, so we arrived at around 9:15 pm. There was no seating available at the bar so we stood at the host stand for approximately 5 minutes while being passed by wait staff of whom no one acknowledged us. Finally, my boyfriend walked over to the waiter stand and asked what our options were and he was instructed to seat himself anywhere. We both found that very odd, I mean, even at the IHOP there is a host/hostess and you have to wait to be seated.

So, we took a seat at an empty table and again waited for about 10 minutes while wait staff passed us by repeatedly. After several attempts to flag one down, my boyfriend finally nabbed one. He asked if we could still be served and we were told yes, however the waiter did not seem all too thrilled about the concept. Now here is where things got very strange. The waiter looked at me (with utter contempt may I say) and said, "What is it you want tonight?" My only response to that was "Perhaps a menu to start?" He then turned on his heel and returned with a water menu and disappeared, REALLY?

Ok, so at this point, we should have left. I guess we were just so invested by now, that morbid curiosity had taken over and we stayed.

Finally, we get his attention again and let him know that we were looking for food and more than water. Hmmpfhhh.... and then he returns with a menu, FINALLY!!!! So, we decide to go with drinks and Waygu sliders with fries. At this point, it is was nearly 10.

So, our drinks show up, and shortly after our sliders (neither of which were anything special) We eat, and order one more round of drinks. At around 10:40, we notice that staff is starting to move tables around, and we have not been able to get our waiters attention for about 15 minutes for our check. We were shortly thereafter approached by a petite asian woman who says, Ummmm... you all will have to be gone by 10:45, we have a private event starting at 11 tonight. My words to her were, "You won't have to ask us twice, we have been ready to leave for nearly 20 minutes, perhaps you can arrainge our bill and we will be relieved to get out" She does not respond but turns around and disappears. However, we then see the quickest response of the evening as a random waiter drops off our bill. My boyfriend who is the most gracious man in the world, leaves a tip anyway.

So, just in case the hotel cares, I have a few suggestions. 1. Keep a host up front at all times 2. If you have an event scheduled and you need to clear the room it might be nice if you inform your guests ahead of time either by the host or maybe even post a sign up front 3. Maybe coordinate your staff to communicate with one another, don't just send your guests to someone else b/c you don't want to deal with it 4. Change your management team immediately!

I wouldn't return to this place if my life depended on it.

• Visited August 2011
1 Thank Lisa K

• Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
“Going back.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

Wonderful classic ambiance. My Chicken Tandoori was a lighter SoCal version of the Indian original but scrumptious nonetheless. The Pina Colada dessert of compressed pineapple, almond butter cake and coconut yogurt sorbet was a magic close to a fantastic meal for Gwen Banta and I who were attorney Daren Schlecter's guests. Impeccable service too. We skipped appetizers so we had just enough to keep it light for our next client meeting. Going back.

• Visited April 2012
Lisbon, Portugal
“Good food. Average service.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2012

The food is good ,service is average. The bed and breakfast package is always more expensive than the amount they give .
At dinner time the live music is unbearable.Food is good,but the choice is limited. Try the lobster,is awsome.

Visited April 2012
New Jersey
“Ok but pricey and noisy.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2012

Typical hotel restaurant. Noisy, overpriced and so many staff just talking with each other.

• Visited February 2012
Coconut Creek, Florida
“Great place to relax and watch the world go by!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2012

Love the bar and sidewalk dinning. Try the Kobe sliders!

Visited March 2012