“Great Staff, Rooms and Amazing Location”

SIXTY Beverly Hills
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
melbourne
“Great Staff, Rooms and Amazing Location”
Reviewed February 12, 2010

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Thompson mid December '09 and for one night in mid January '10. The concierge (Rebecca) was extremely helpful. She booked us a table at Spago at really short notice and helped us book train tickets without any problems. The rooms were clean, modern and slick. They were not too noisy either. The rooftop bar had some great views over LA and BH and was nice and chilled next to the pool. Furthermore, the location was unbelievable...right near Rodeo and Beverly. I would take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. I could not recommend this place more!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Turkish first
San Francisco
Reviewed February 3, 2010

This hotel is very modern with all hard, slick surfaces........black walls and floors. The beds have nice cotton duvets which I love. It is very clean and "slick"... The down side is that it doesn't function. The bathroom "pedestal" sink is about an inch deep so my husband couldn't fill it to shave as the water would splash out of the sink. It was a large bathroom with no space to put anything. Some shelves would have been an easy solution! The closet was maybe 12 inches wide with a double bar inside so you can't hang any full length garments.....no drawers. We kept everything in our suitcases on the floor. The thermostat had to be on heat or airconditioning. You had to call the front desk to switch it. It was very cool when we arrived so we had the guy come up and go into a vent in the ceiling to switch it to heat........However, we couldn't turn off the heat when we went to bed (as we like to do). Too bad..............I think the architect should have to spend a week there before he's allowed to design another place!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank daisey3
Gold Coast, Australia
Reviewed January 25, 2010

Good place to stay in Beverly Hills. Great rooftop bar and pool. Great service, atmosphere. Don't get a room by the elevator it's noisey. Apart from that, couldn't fault it.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Loved this hotel as it wasnt large and impersonal.. very quaint and trendy.

Rooms are very nice size although lighting is bad as its all dark lights and black rooms ! - making getting ready a struggle!

Great service, very close to rodeo drive.
Good Sushi at BondSt which is the restaurant in the hotel - and really nice bar area.

Would definitely go back.. perfect spot for a young couple.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Ocean Parkway, Brooklyn!
Reviewed December 29, 2009

My girlfriend and I always stay in the boutique hotel. We have stayed in many nice one all over world. The Thompson beat all of them. The room styling in the clean lines and smooth designs. And the look dark and black. We stayed on the third floor and there is a balconey(!!) looking over all of the Beverly Hills and the Wells Fargo banking society. The king bed is plush and bouncy. The bed sits on a frame that extrudes out, so there is danger of hitting a leg once to twice on the corner! Lighting is nice...dark. There are reading lamp next to the bed with exposed 120 watts bulb so we can read. We liked excellent movies selection! The flat television is 40 inches and we saw 3 premium movies during our stay. The bathroom door slides shut, not closing like regular door. But the door does not always slide closed all the way. This is nice feature. The hot water in the shower is nice. The bathroom towel rack is located in the shower. But be take care!! You're girlfriend may bump her head into the towel rack when she is stepping into the shower. Maybe more than one times. We are not permitted to smoke in the room ; - (_, but the hotel gives the guests with an aroma of nicotine smoke in our room and elevators. The best part of the hotel is the pool and the bar on the rooftop. The bar has a full fireplace that keeps going without having to replace the wood. And the bar is full crowded with partying people in suits and nice clothing, even on the weekends. And the tacos with spicy tuna at the BONDST restaurant is really very good. The only complain is the doormen in the lobby always opens the door for you in the lobby, so you have to tip every time you walk in or out of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Windermere
Reviewed November 22, 2009

The Thompson Beverly Hills is a very trendy hotel. I enjoyed the close location to Rodeo Drive, Shopping and Dining options. However, my room, 606 sounds like I am in a Bowling alley all day and night long! You know the noise you hear when a ball rolls down a lane (thud, roll), well that is all I hear 24-7 here at the Thompson. Basically it is the elevator shaft, not sure what the "thud" sound is but the "roll" is the doors opening and closing. You do not just hear it when it comes to floor 6, but floor 5 and floor 7 are no exception. All I can say is be sure to request a room not anywhere near the elevator shaft. As far as my review on the rest of the room: Bathrooms are very, very small, but modern. The showers hot water takes 4, 5 mins to heat up. King size room is semi spacious but missing some basic amenities that most hotels in this price range include (hair dryer, iron, ironing board). Yea these amenities are not the end of the world and were provided on request but still not present. The king size room has a nice 40+ inch LCD TV, but it has issues with "snow" on some channels and often had to be turned on and off and back on again to get it to work.

The rooftop bar was very nice on Friday Night, Saturday I went to go up there and they told me it was a private function and that last call is in 20 mins so they would not let me up at 12:10. That was a huge surprise to me they closed at 12:30!

I did not eat at the Sushi Restaurant but heard from many it is a very up and coming Sushi hot spot! I will try and hit this up tomorrow.

The staff was friendly overall and helpful suggesting dining and things to do on the weekend.

PS, If you have a friend visit you and park, you mind as well tell them to put it on your room for the day. We came and went 3 times in a single day in my friends car they charged me each time 10$ to park. Not that it is a lot of money to me, but rather the point when I asked why am I paying a third time they replied to me "why didn't u just put the car on your room?" I said well it is not my car and I figured we could come and go same day for the price! He said talk to his manager who did nothing to assist.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Brisbane
Reviewed November 8, 2009

I can't rave about the Thompson Hotel enough. We had a wonderful stay there at the end of October. The staff (especially the concierge) were wonderful - very helpful and very knowledgeable. Our room was lovely - great fit out and very clean. Other posters have commented that the hotel is quite dark but it just adds to the look and feel. The rooftop pool is gorgeous and the bar is alot of fun. Bond St sushi is to die for. We actually booked online at the Thompson's website and got a special rate for booking more than 21 days in advance.

Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills
Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills
#10 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!