“Fantastic”

SIXTY Beverly Hills
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed October 20, 2009

This is a very nice hotel. We heard that it was dark but didn't find that,it makes for the atmosphere. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. We had a suite which was loacted behind the lift- 2 bathrooms. Ask for the top floor nice elevated out look. We would definelty stay here again in fact we were thinking of cancelling our other accomodation and staying here our whole time. The position is great close to all the department stores, Rodeo Dr, Beverley Drive etc . Great restuarants nearby highly recommend The Grill.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank travelfurtherafield

Reviewed October 18, 2009

So, lets start with the positives. The hotel is in a great location and is close to the shops on Rodeo Drive and everything else you would need in Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. There is also a great roof terrace, with pool and a hip bar scene. The gym is also very good and contains top notch equipment (including Power Plates). Rooms are comfortable I liked the fact that rather than place a small tub in the bathroom, they have just added a large, walk in shower - thoughtful design! The bathroom amenities are also good. Breakfast was also enjoyable and well presented.

On the downside - the big point is how dark the hotel is. The arrival experience is more nightclub, than hotel and the Lobby is not that impressive. The lack of lighting also stretches to the corridors and into the bedrooms. My room also had an interconnecting door and as the floors are wooden, the sound proofing was very poor. On the night arrived (after a very long flight), the next door room decided to 'party' - which was not a sleep friendly environment. The bar upstairs from the Lobby is also badly lit, poorly designed and staff are not overly friendly. The staff were also not great at Reception - more interested in being part of the 'cool set', than actually being their to help.

I would recommend this hotel more for people who are coming on vacation, or to enjoy the city's nightlife.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2009

I recently stayed here for a quick business trip and booked it based on 60 Thompson in NYC. The staff were hideous - too worried about what they look like to bother what the customer thought. Here's a snapshot of what went wrong: Messed up our room bookings when we got there, didn't know that they were part of the Mr and Mrs Smith hotel membership and then when they found out, didn't deliver with the benefits, tried to charge us for 5 international calls that we didn't make ($200 plus!), messed up our lunch booking that I had with important clients and then took forever to fix it, I really could go on and on but it's not worth the energy...! Trust me I like cool hotels but I also like the basic 101 of customer service!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Scarlettcma
Reviewed September 24, 2009

I am too lazy to write reviews unless the place im staying is extremely awesome or extremely awful. In this case it is the latter. First of all, what I don't get about thompson hotels is why they charge 10 dollars a day for internet that barely works. We all know that internet is so cheap that its almost free. For a hotel that charges hundreds of dollars a night, im sure that internet could be included in the room charge without the hassle of buying it everyday. This hotel has only two elevators that both staff and the guests share. Even though the staff is nice, they make stops on every floor and cause for long waits due to their business traffic of occupying the elevators. It gets incredibly annoying after a while when it takes half an hour to simply go downstairs or upstairs. Our room had a tv (with all buttons locked) and the wrong remote control. We had to call and tip an engineer for things that should have been there in the first place. It almost makes me think they do it on purpose. This hotel barely has a pool and a bar and the restaurant is overpriced and not tasty at all. And you pay just as much for parking as you pay for staying here and there's nowhere to park nearby. Parking is 30 dollars a day. Their fresh juices are anything but. Overall, so not worth your money you're better off somewhere else. I just hope one day thompson hotels realize that their customers are not stupid and service lies in the small details of everyday comfort. Charging 10dollars for internet is CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP!! GREEDY!

• Stayed: September 2009
1  Thank HIPPYHAPPYTRAVELER
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Fun place. Great service up front. Great people watching ("The beautiful people! The beautiful people!"). Nice roof top pool. Snacks pool side were tasty but skip the blah sushi and the whole Kobe-beef slider thing is overdone.
Very nice room. Good size. Modern decor.
Halls were dark and moody - they're going for a New York look. I'd say it works except the larger than life photos of moody looking models at the ends of the halls were very L.A. Great location.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tripthelightfantaz
Reviewed September 20, 2009

The staff is really helpfull and friendly all around. We asked for an ironboard, and we had it within three minutes. At the pool i couldn´t find my friend, but the guy there had seen he went to the gym, and took me there to find him. The food is really nice to. And I like they allow (cool) people from outside to stay at the pool during the day, as it creates a nice atmosphere compared to pool with no people at all. I can definitely recommend this hotel. Small downside is that it is not brand new anymore.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2009

Five night stay which I really enjoyed. A good option if you are looking at staying in BH. It is a very easy walk up to Rodeo.

This hotel certainly wouldn't suit everyone. Mostly hipster crowd, especially at night on the roof top. I certainly wouldn't but my grandmother up here.

Was a little bit of noise in the corridors at night but nothing that got to me. I was more concerned by the early start made by housekeeping. Vacuuming outside my door at 08:00 was not pleasant was to start my sleep in days.

You will either love or hate the rooms in this hotel. I thought the decor very hip, loved the 'darkness'. Made hot late fall days seem a little cooler. Rooms a decent size and have a small 'french' style balcony which makes it a little more spacious.

Only real problem for me is that the lifts always seemed to take ages. My experience with the staff was good, they all seemed pleasant and professional. i had a problem with a mistake on my bill which caused me some grief but was sorted without any trouble. In fact as a measure of good faith they wiped some incidental charges. Nice surprise there.

I would recommend it and although on my next trip to BH I would like to try somewhere else I am very tempted to return here.

Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
#11 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!