“Do not stay here!”

Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Boston
“Do not stay here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2009

If you are 20 yrs old and want to party this is the hotel for you. I am not 20 yrs old and I have small children so this could have been the absolute worse choice to stay. It is true you can hear EVERYTHING. From the 20 yr olds getting ready to party, talking in the halls and yes hearing them have sex. My only choice was to put a pillow over my head to block out some of the noise. In the mini bar area they stock candy, next to the candy you can purchase a "pleasure pack". Try explaining that one to a 7 year old. The rooms are very small and dark. I wasn't sure where I could put my suitcase, there was no room. I had booked my reservation through priceline. To get two double beds you need to pay and additional $50 a night. This is on top of the $30 a day parking. I dreaded having to go back to the hotel an additional night but I was stuck because of the priceline reservation.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank momBoston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Turkish first
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2009

DO NOT TAKE YOUR KIDS TO THIS HOTEL...SUPER NON-CHILD FRIENDLY!!! The decor is dark and gothic. The walls in the hallways are all black. We literally heard the elevator all night long stop and start on each and every floor. The walls are paper thin, we heard 3D sexual encounters from every side of our bedroom each and every night of our stay. They do not have a bathtub in the rooms, but they do have a shower and the grout appeared to be dirty in both the sink and shower. They went overboard with the chocolate decor. The rooftop pool is very nice, however because someone booked a party we were unable to sit up there with our friends. The staff is very nice, except for "Justice" who apparently didn't think we were staying at the hotel:-( This hotel only has valet parking which was a real chore when you come and go as much as we did and be prepared to tip everyone everytime they do anything for you e.g. bring up towels which should be there in the first place, iron and ice because they do not have an ice machine on the floors. I would not ever stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank ragz2richus
Raleigh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2009

My husband traveled with our 7 year old daughter to Beverly Hills for a family event. During his trip he was hospitalized with stroke symptoms and I was unable to confirm the location of my daughter.

I spoke on the phone with two individuals, at the hotel. One of which was the hotel manager. They were both unwilling to assist me in my efforts to locate my daughter within the hotel and confirm her safety.

It was a terrifying experience as any parent would understand. The manager was actually rude to me, and refused to have someone check my husbands room.

When I finally threatened to call the Beverly Hills police department and have them sent to the hotel, this manager sent a bellman to the room. However they would not permit the door to be knocked on because they claimed that a "do not disturb" hang tag appeared on the knob.

Eventually, my daughter was found in the company of a relative, but not before I had been completely devastated with fear, of which could been avoided with some simple care and concern by this hotels management.

I can't imagine a hotel allowing the employment of such an individual. It is my hope that this persons incompetency is discovered and that he is terminated... for the well being of future guests!

Please seek out another hotel for your stay.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
7 Thank architectswife
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2009

If sleep is not a priority this will work. The hard (possibly vinyl) floors in the rooms make any noise above you sound like it's coming through a speaker system. I was woken up several times throughout the night with hallway noise as well.

The room was the smallest and darkest I've ever stayed in. Rough night.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank TribeDT
Orange County, CA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

It was dark, no carpet in the room, just black vinyl floors! I think it was a converted apartment building. The staff was aloof and if you were the LA type (bimbo, drunk) they didn't care. There was two chairs to sit in the room, besides the bed. I had to call for a bottle of shampoo and bar of soap!!!!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — bad bed, dark rooms, bad views, no amenities
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
4 Thank octravelgal
San Diego, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2008

You might not see the hotel right away as it blends in with the car dealership next door, but don't be fooled by the exterior. Inside, the hotel is very chic and hip - long mirrored hallways, low lite rooms, mirrors on the ceiling, contemporary design. The pool is on their rooftop with a view of the Hollywood sign and Rodeo Drive. A perfect fit for Beverly Hills.

However, during our stay one of the elevators was broken - and they only have two. They also checked us out of our room two days early and "lucky" for us, they had room for the two nights we were supposed to be booked for.

Parking for the hotel guests is $30/night and they only have valet - no street or self parking options.

Room service for one grilled cheese with a side of fries and two cokes cost $40.00, however, they do leave an amazing brownie with turn down service at night.

The bed is amazingly comfortable and the blinds make it like a cave - so it's very easy to sleep in!!! Loved that.

Overall, a nice hotel, but I would probably try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank LoveLondon3
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2008

You couldn't fault the location of the hotel, the pool area was nice, great views, the bedrooms were slightly small, (I guess it's the location) the thing that really bugged me was the staff. I felt like they were all on a reality TV show and this was their first time running a hotel, the concierge was a joke, the front desk were pretty vacant, the bellboys just stood around looking at the computers whilst we were lifting our bags......just wrong wrong wrong.

I still feel aggrieved I handed over the cash to stay here...go to the Avalon down the road, it's not as glitzy but the staff are polite and are always helpful and will bend over backwards to make your stay as nice as possible.

• Liked — Location and pool
  • Disliked — Staff and the rooms on the small side
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
The Beverly Hilton
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,423 reviews
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#3 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!