Before launching into my complaints, the Thompson does deserve praise for a trendy hotel in a superb location in Beverly Hills. I would also like to highlight the friendliness of the bell staff. However, none of this translates into a good night's sleep - and I generally sleep very deeply. In general, the lack of carpeting in the rooms means that noise carries and it's not difficult hearing sounds from the hallway or adjacent rooms - and no one was particularly loud. I stayed two nights and for both I woke up lastly neighbors' wakeup calls. Worse was the second night when the alarm clock began ringing at 1am. It hadn't sounded the prior night and I hadn't touched it during my stay (let alone set it) so it was a very unwelcome rude awakening.
The bed was comfortable, but it was hard to sleep well with these interruptions. when
The hotel has an excellent rooftop pool, but from my brief stay it seems that it is frequently off limits to guests at night and used instead for private events. Of particular annoyance was the fact that the pool bar was closed at 530 but the second rooftop bar wasn't opening until 6pm. The staff seemed surprised that guests would prefer to stay outside on the nice day rather than be pushed to the downstairs restaurant, but finally relented and opened the second bar early. The restaurant had an appealing breakfast menu but at 730 (30 mins after opening) hadn't received their delivery of eggs for the day and couldn't prepare most of the menu.
All in all, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for a rooftop drink (if open) but I would hope there are better places to stay in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- California Cool meets East Coast sophistication at this erudite respite located in the glamorous Los Angeles enclave, minutes from Rodeo Drive boutiques and Hollywood power-playgrounds. The International Style-designed SIXTY Beverly Hills is a serene-but-scene-stealing outpost featuring luxurious comforts like bespoke furnishings, artfully designed bedroom suites and a gallery of Hollywood-evocative imagery. A cinematic Above SIXTY Beverly Hills rooftop bar and outdoor poolside lounge provide balmy zephyrs and panoramic views of L.A.'S fabled canyons while the tony-but-fuss-free Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room is the all-hours spot for casual New American cuisine comforts. SIXTY Beverly hills is part of SIXTY Hotels, the new, innovative brand of luxury inns in New York, Los Angeles, with Miami debuting soon-ish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your SIXTY Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thompson Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Thompson Hotel