I stayed at the hotel about two weeks ago when I had an appointment at the VA with my parents who were visiting from out of the area. The staff was very eager to please which was nice but the hotel I must admit left a little to be desired for the cost. A quick reminder that valet parking is an additional $35 a day when staying at the hotel with unlimited in and out privileges during a 24 hour period (not uncommon for the area and makes entering and exiting much more convenient than finding a parking space elsewhere and walking and this is charged directly to your room). When I walked into the hotel (at night) it seemed like the lighting was very dim (which is the effect I assume they are going for as this is the theme throughout the hotels including the rooms). The bench seat I sat on in the foyer almost toppled over because I didn't sit all the way back on it (it wasn't properly secured and was placed a little off from it's base for design purposes). When we went up the elevator and came to our floor the floor was pretty dimly lit and seemed like they were going for an edgy modern look (a little floor lighting and accent lighting). When we entered the room we had to turn on all the available lights because the overhead lighting was basically non existing (again I am assuming for design asthetic). The lighting made it very difficult to see to put on makeup or properly see colors in the mirror when trying on clothes. The rooms were small but adequate. The only ammenities the rooms really had were a television, a robe in the closet and a hair dryer in the bathroom (no coffee maker, minifridge etc although those might be available in rooms larger than the one I stayed in). The beds were very low to the ground and less than comfortable. The pillows also left something to be desired. There was not much color to the room with the exception of a picture on the wall of a girl in a masquerade mask and fake tattoo sleeves lounging on a chaise (yes, it struck me as odd too). There were two hairs I found in the bathroom tub when I went to further inspect some reddish colored streaks in the tub at the front and back of the tub (I assume it was from mineral deposits and age of the tub upon noticing a bad patch job near the drain of the tub) but they did emboss the toilet paper roll with the emblem of the hotel to let you know that someone had cleaned. Despite it's drawbacks the food at Caulfield's (the restaraunt in the hotel) was amazing! I had the lamb hamburger and fries and a black market anglo american brown ale (I raved about the meal so much to my husband that he said he is going to have to take me back sometime). The location is also great within walking distance to all the great shops in Beverly Hills (only about block away from Rodeo drive). Even though the service was exceptional I'm not sure I would stay at this particular hotel again because I didn't rest as well as I would have liked in the beds (and admittedly the bathroom grossed me out a little after finding the hairs) but I will probably eat at Caulfield's again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- California Cool meets East Coast sophistication at this erudite respite located in the glamorous Los Angeles enclave, minutes from Rodeo Drive boutiques and Hollywood power-playgrounds. The International Style-designed SIXTY Beverly Hills is a serene-but-scene-stealing outpost featuring luxurious comforts like bespoke furnishings, artfully designed bedroom suites and a gallery of Hollywood-evocative imagery. A cinematic Above SIXTY Beverly Hills rooftop bar and outdoor poolside lounge provide balmy zephyrs and panoramic views of L.A.'S fabled canyons while the tony-but-fuss-free Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room is the all-hours spot for casual New American cuisine comforts. SIXTY Beverly hills is part of SIXTY Hotels, the new, innovative brand of luxury inns in New York, Los Angeles, with Miami debuting soon-ish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your SIXTY Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thompson Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Thompson Hotel