The Thompson Hotel came highly recommended and being that the Thompson Hollywood was sold out (thanks a lot Coldplay, how dare you play at the Hollywood Bowl during our visit) we opted for the next best choice, the Thompson Beverly Hills. I knew the popular boutique property would be nice, but once you step in the door it really hits. You’ve arrived, Beverly Hills style. Pulling into the drive, valet quickly opening my car door I notice right away the hotel is sleek with a cosmopolitan appeal, particularly for those travelers who want to enjoy a bit of the see-and-be-seen crowd. An outpost of cool, with staff members who look like models and a clientele that is not far behind.
With affordable room rates (well for Beverly Hills standards) it’s an easy way to buy into the jet set. With chocolate wood floors and contemporary slate gray and dark accented décor, the rooms look very masculine. They’re spacious and bright, with floor-to-ceiling windows; our room came with a great view of the Los Angeles skyline.
When the door of the elevator opened to our floor I was surprised, the hallway was dark mysterious and left you intrigued. What was my room going to look like? A dark man cave?
As we entered the room, I instantly started to check out the amenities, it had a large flat screen television, a decent sized kitchen and living area, a soft luxurious bed, amazing furnishings, and a nicely stocked mini-bar.
After whipping up a cocktail from the mini bar, we threw our suits on and headed up to check out the pool. It’s all about the rooftop. The pool deck like our room boasted spectacular views of downtown Los Angeles. The pool is surrounded by cabanas and lounges, which were already claimed by an array of seemingly airbrushed guests. It was lunchtime and we were starving so we ordered a few more cocktails, the Chopped Veggie Salad and the Short Rib Grilled Cheese. Both were above and beyond the average pool side menu offerings. Especially the grilled cheese you will definitely be craving this meal again later…think late night room service menu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- California Cool meets East Coast sophistication at this erudite respite located in the glamorous Los Angeles enclave, minutes from Rodeo Drive boutiques and Hollywood power-playgrounds. The International Style-designed SIXTY Beverly Hills is a serene-but-scene-stealing outpost featuring luxurious comforts like bespoke furnishings, artfully designed bedroom suites and a gallery of Hollywood-evocative imagery. A cinematic Above SIXTY Beverly Hills rooftop bar and outdoor poolside lounge provide balmy zephyrs and panoramic views of L.A.'S fabled canyons while the tony-but-fuss-free Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room is the all-hours spot for casual New American cuisine comforts. SIXTY Beverly hills is part of SIXTY Hotels, the new, innovative brand of luxury inns in New York, Los Angeles, with Miami debuting soon-ish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your SIXTY Beverly Hills reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thompson Hotel Beverly Hills
- Beverly Hills Thompson Hotel