“Great Location, decent hotel”

SIXTY Beverly Hills
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights at the Thompson Hotel in beverly Hills at the end of january, 2013. The hotel is modern decor with very modern decorated rooms. The room we had was clean, but somewhat dark and the lighting in the bathroom was equally less than perfect. There is also no WiFi in the rooms although there is WiFi in the main lobby. We avoided the restaurant because it was far too expensive and there were all kinds of places to eat within walking destance. The view from our room was poor. Notwithstanding the above, this is a good hotel to stay at because of the superior location and the outstanding staff. Everyone was very courteous, friendly and seemed to enjoy working at the hotel. We were easily able to get recommendations for restaurants, etc., from the concierge. Valet parking was convenient. The beds and sheets were high quality. The rooftop bar looked terrific but was closed during the period we were there and the gym was decent for a travel workout. All in all, a hotel that works for a short stay, but certainly not a 5 star hotel or anything close.

3  Thank allanwexler27
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear allanwexler27,

We take all guest comments very seriously, so we appreciate your feedback. It sounds like you were not told at check in that we do offer Wi-Fi in each room. I do apologize for that. I will make sure my team is properly explaining each and every amenity and what the hotel space has to offer.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

My daughter and i stayed here 5 days and enjoyed the hotel very much. The rooms are clean and modern (Air conditioning isn't that powerful though so a bit uncomfortable at night), the service was extremely good, the rooftop pool area is heavenly, food from room service is amazing (skirt steak was out of this world) and we absolutely will be back. The location was perfect for shopping and exploring as well.... my only real complaint? $90 for 4 days of internet? I can walk to starbucks, pay $3 for a coffee and get it for free so was a bit put off by this. Otherwise, amazing hotel though.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sawracki

Dear sawracki,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your comments about the property. We do charge for internet in he room, however, do offer complimentary Wi-Fi in the lobby and on our rooftop. Perhaps you were unaware, and I do apologize if nobody explained that to you upon check in. Please come back and visit us soon.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently joined my husband on his business trip to Los Angeles and the Thompson Beverly Hills was the perfect place to mix business and pleasure. Location, location, location!! Not only was the hotel close to my husband's meetings but there was so much within walking distance for me to enjoy (shopping, lots of shopping, and cute restaurants and neighborhoods). I now realize that people in LA don't walk very much so it was really nice to be at hotel in Beverly Hills where there is a lot of foot traffic.

Beyond the location, the staff was absolutely charming and so helpful. Carolyn and Tiffany checked us in and they were very helpful in guiding us to a fantastic lunch spot and the general lay of the land. They made us feel right at home from the get go! The concierge provided excellent suggestions for dinner. Tavy at the Front Desk was also very helpful in the evenings providing directions to places (not to mention so fun to hear her speak Portuguese to some international guests).

The hotel itself has a sleek and sexy feel which makes it unique in Beverly Hills. The rooftop bar and pool have a stunning view. Overall, my husband and I had a great trip and we were both able to relax and enjoy the California sunshine!

Room Tip: King Suite is beautiful!

Dear Lucy H,

I will be sure to pass along your kind comments about the staff and service. We take great pride in that. Beverly Hills is a beautiful place to be, and I'm glad you were able to discover what it has to offer. We hope to see you back here in the near future.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Was looking for a place to stay in LA that wasnt too pricey but was confortable and clean. Ended up stumbling upon this wonderful and elegant boutique hotel. The vibe of the hotel is very elegant and subdued and the staff was absolutely impecable. Not to mention the location!! Its right in the heart of Beverly Hills!!!
I was welcomed by the friendliest yet professional staff. At check in, the delightful Tavy was the one who assisted me and her grace and charisma made me feel like I was at home.
I was upgraded to a larger room than I had booked, which was another pleasant surprise.
Roof top was beautiful, even though the bar was closed due to the bad weather. But the gym facility was very complete and that is one big concern of mine when I travel.
The restaurant was simply amazing. High end food and cocktails with an additional pop up surprise of the chef at my table to greet me.
I checked out very early and was greeted by Carolyn, another outstanding professional.
I dont know what their hiring process is but the 2 girls at front desk were absolutely gorgeous.
Couldnt be happier with the service and atmosphere of the hotel. Will be coming back for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear HermesTheGod,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on the service and the hotel overall. Please think of us for your next get away. We would love to have you back.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was recommended for my wife’s first time to Los Angeles, visiting friends around Sta. Monica, spending 6 nights. Checking in was a pleasure. Happy, young people at your service. From the valet, to reception and bar, we felt being valuable guests.

OK, having spent most of my travelling business career in the mega super hotels, I have got tired of being a number that have to “introduce” myself every time you come to the counter. I go for ambience rather than marble. www.SLH.com is excellent in this respect.

This hotel is not on that list. Will not qualify.

Thompson of Beverly Hills has a very good location. The restaurant is OK, the roof terrace with pool is fantastic, and the whole setting is good. Personally I would have upgraded the rooms to Boutique hotel standard. Beds are good, but the rest a bit dated.

All – all, a very nice stay and we gladly come back. A short walk to Rodeo Drive, good Chinese across the road and as said, very nice staff. They must have a good management and it shows.

One thing though, USD35 for one overnight valet parking? Three nights parking for the price of one in Crescent Public parking, 4 minutes walk away.

Up to you.

Dear E-San888,

Thank you for your comments. We take great pride in providing excellent service, and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay overall.

Kind regads,

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My teenage daughter and I stayed here for 4 nights in January, and we loved it. Although the room was quite small, it was decorated beautifully, and the bathroom seemed very new and well-designed. The hotel is quite dark, so if you are looking for a bright expansive lobby then this is not the place for you. The rooftop pool was very nice, although it was closed (winter). The staff were extremely helpful and could not do more for us. It is a great position - on Wilshire Blvd. The restaurant is delicious, although pricey for breakfast - if you walk a few blocks to Beverly Boulevard there are plenty of cafes with cheaper breakfast options. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear FN44,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Thompson Beverly Hills. Hopefully you will decide to join us again, during the summer, so you can enjoy the pool.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

A nice hotel, but one that may slip to the back of our minds. It had no real character. Rooms felt like a standard hotel, just with a touch of "funkiness". The halls outside the rooms were a bit disconcerting at first (black glass), but we did get used to it. I think the carpet in the halls was intentional, but looked like it had a big black stain down the middle.

Maybe we are getting old and this funky hotel would suit a younger crowd! This being said, the staff were great. The "bell boys" were friendly and helpful. The girls on the front desk were always smiling and helpful. Overall the staff seemed ill informed about the hotels facilities. Upstairs bar was open the first night we arrived but not the second. The girl on the desk stated that this was because of it being slow, but for a hotel this size, I'd expect all amenities to be open for guest.

Caulfield's Bar and Dining Room was great. We had breakfast and dinner there and thoroughly enjoyed both meals. The staff were wonderful. The area had real character and charm... they should have made this flow right through the hotel.

Overall a comfortable stay, but not overly memorable.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear davidandpaul,

Thank you for your comments. I will be sure to pass along your kind words about the staff. It is imperative that we create a memorable and positive experience for our guests and I do hope you will return to let us show you everything Thompson Beverly Hills can be.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!