“Best Staff, Best Rooftop pool, Best location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of SIXTY Beverly Hills

SIXTY Beverly Hills
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Sacramento, California
“Best Staff, Best Rooftop pool, Best location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I first stayed in April and picked the Thompson based on the photo's of the rooftop pool and I was NOT disappointed. The view is fabulous, music great, very clean, great food and drinks and excellent staff! I booked the Wilshire Suite and It worked wonderful for myself and a friend. I returned in June and the staff recognized me and made me feel very welcome, again all of the above was true! My only complaint might be a lack of coffee maker, but the two block walk to "Champagne Bakery" on Beverly Blvd. is so wonderful I highly recommend it and would not have found it if there had been coffee in the room. Service is better than any hotel I've stayed in and I have stayed in much more expensive hotels, these people clearly know why they are here and what is expected of them, "Outstanding"! I would not even consider staying anywhere else in West LA.
John E. Mornini

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side get hot in the early evening
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Dear John M,

Thank you so much for your kind words! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Best regards,
Dene Nui

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Turkish first
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The restaurant is lovely; I suggest dining there, even if you aren't staying at the hotel. The rooftop pool is worth the stay, if you're into sunbathing.
Our room was on a floor that smelled like sewage for the majority of the our stay. Very unpleasant, but am confident it was a temporary issue. They should have moved us or brought scented candles at the very least. The heat didn't work in my suite, but someone came to fix it.
Other than that, I imagine the hotel is a good value most of the time.
Great location!
The women at the front desk were very pleasant and fixed a mischarge on my bill at checkout. I was charged for internet use, when it didn't work and I had called reception beforehand to let them know.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Ashley W,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay and I will certainly look into all of them. We hope to be of service in the future and I assure you that you will not experience the same inconveniences again.

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding, three generations of family. The location is fabulous, with Barney's, Saks, and Neiman Marcus within walking distance, plus Rodeo Drive too! On the flip side, the rooms were nice and comfortable but very dark, and the corners of the beds very sharp. There's no coffee in the room and no convenient place to get it. The staff was wonderful, very accommodating. The rooftop pool is very nice, IF you can get a chair. The water in the pool was a bit chilly. Parking was very easy. I think the location is the deciding factor for this hotel. If you want to be in this area, this is a great place to stay.

Room Tip: All views seemed pretty bad!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear debbierich,

We appreciate your honest feedback and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Congratulations to you and your family on this special occasion! We will be sure to address the information you provided about the pool and room furnishings immediately, and I hope to welcome you back soon (I will personally check the sides of the bed, pool temperature and lighting in your room).

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The Thompson Hotel was a verry nice place to stay at. At the reception desk the staff was verry nice, at the rooftop bar the waitress was a bit unpolite, when we ordered only ice tea for a drink. Later when we also orderd some coctails, she became more friendly.
The rooms are nice and clean, a bit dark for my taste.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Hajduzsuzsa,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that we did not provide friendly service at the rooftop pool. I assure you that I will follow up with my team immediately. I am so glad that you still had a pleasant trip and that you enjoyed the hotel and location!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I recently stayed at the Thompson with a group of friends visiting from NYC and was amazed at their level of customer service. They went above and beyond to ensure our stay was excellent. The concierge provided great recommendations for local restaurants/bars/clubs, and the rest of the staff made sure the process was seamless. The rooms were spacious and quiet, beds were luxurious and comfy and the hotel was clean and modern. I thought this was the perfect location for our vacation because of the awesome rooftop pool right at our fingertips, and walking distance from awesome shops and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear nishaburleigh,

We appreciate your kind words about Thompson Beverly Hills and our staff. I am so pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Los Angeles.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was a guest at the Thompson for part of my time in Los Angeles and wish I had stayed for longer. The staff was incredibley nice, but not in a phony way; just naturally helpful and smiley. The rooftop was great for drinks at night or lounging during the day. The pool area and fitness center were kept very tidey, which was much appreciated. Our waiter in the restaurant was a a bit dim, but easy on the eyes so those cancelled eachother out. The room was pretty spacious with a long desk/table/counter with plenty of surface space to put your stuff on and a full length mirror.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear HomeSucks,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our service and hotel amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Thompson has a great location and a good swimming pool on the roof. Make sure there is no party planned the days you are there or you will be asked to leave the pool area. The drinks are a rip-off and the rooms are nothing special. If I am not mistaken it was an old Ramada or Holiday Inn or one of those cheaper chains.
The rooms are noisy since the so called phony Cartier Jet Set stay there for location. There is a slight scene at night at the roof bar. Nothing special so don't waste your time.
Even the Suites are just OK. Very cheaply decorated and dark.
Once again if you want to be next to the Montage and Rodeo Drive for the price the Thompson will be fine. Not great but OK.

Room Tip: I have no idea I had a Suite...other rooms are very very small.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Dear mondialcorp,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that we did not provide you with the level of service that you deserve and that you did not find our rooms comfortable. I can assure you that we do not use inexpensive furnishings as we pride ourselves on being a design and service driven property. We rarely close our pool for private events and I am terribly sorry that you had to encounter such an inconvenience. I hope that you still had an enjoyable trip to Beverly Hills!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
#8 of 14 in Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 3,012 reviews
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Sirtaj Hotel
Hotel Beverly Terrace
Hotel Beverly Terrace
#6 of 14 in Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 657 reviews

Been to SIXTY Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!