“Great location, nice rooftop”

SIXTY Beverly Hills
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
“Great location, nice rooftop”
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The Thompson Hotel was a verry nice place to stay at. At the reception desk the staff was verry nice, at the rooftop bar the waitress was a bit unpolite, when we ordered only ice tea for a drink. Later when we also orderd some coctails, she became more friendly.
The rooms are nice and clean, a bit dark for my taste.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
SalesBH, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 21, 2012
Dear Hajduzsuzsa,

Thank you for your review. I apologize that we did not provide friendly service at the rooftop pool. I assure you that I will follow up with my team immediately. I am so glad that you still had a pleasant trip and that you enjoyed the hotel and location!

Dene Nui

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I recently stayed at the Thompson with a group of friends visiting from NYC and was amazed at their level of customer service. They went above and beyond to ensure our stay was excellent. The concierge provided great recommendations for local restaurants/bars/clubs, and the rest of the staff made sure the process was seamless. The rooms were spacious and quiet, beds were luxurious and comfy and the hotel was clean and modern. I thought this was the perfect location for our vacation because of the awesome rooftop pool right at our fingertips, and walking distance from awesome shops and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear nishaburleigh,

We appreciate your kind words about Thompson Beverly Hills and our staff. I am so pleased that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Los Angeles.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was a guest at the Thompson for part of my time in Los Angeles and wish I had stayed for longer. The staff was incredibley nice, but not in a phony way; just naturally helpful and smiley. The rooftop was great for drinks at night or lounging during the day. The pool area and fitness center were kept very tidey, which was much appreciated. Our waiter in the restaurant was a a bit dim, but easy on the eyes so those cancelled eachother out. The room was pretty spacious with a long desk/table/counter with plenty of surface space to put your stuff on and a full length mirror.

Dear HomeSucks,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed our service and hotel amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Paris, France
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Thompson has a great location and a good swimming pool on the roof. Make sure there is no party planned the days you are there or you will be asked to leave the pool area. The drinks are a rip-off and the rooms are nothing special. If I am not mistaken it was an old Ramada or Holiday Inn or one of those cheaper chains.
The rooms are noisy since the so called phony Cartier Jet Set stay there for location. There is a slight scene at night at the roof bar. Nothing special so don't waste your time.
Even the Suites are just OK. Very cheaply decorated and dark.
Once again if you want to be next to the Montage and Rodeo Drive for the price the Thompson will be fine. Not great but OK.

Room Tip: I have no idea I had a Suite...other rooms are very very small.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Dear mondialcorp,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that we did not provide you with the level of service that you deserve and that you did not find our rooms comfortable. I can assure you that we do not use inexpensive furnishings as we pride ourselves on being a design and service driven property. We rarely close our pool for private events and I am terribly sorry that you had to encounter such an inconvenience. I hope that you still had an enjoyable trip to Beverly Hills!

Los Angeles
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed here in the Thompson Suite for our wedding weekend, and everything was absolute perfection. They even surprised us with rose petals all over the suite upon arrival, and complimentary champagne. From booking our room, to the valet, to the bartenders, to room service, every experience was met with one on one personal treatment. I highly recommend this hotel for a romantic and fun stay. We also had a small party at the rooftop bar, which was another great experience. The food, service and the atmostphere was extremely high class without being stuffy, Plus the prices are amazing, I hope they don't change anything about this hotel, it's sweet secret of Beverly Hills.

Woodland Hills, CA
Reviewed July 5, 2012

I recently stayed at the Thompson Beverly Hills Hotel and found it to be a wonderful experience. The room was spacious, clean and modern. The staff was friendly, professional and very helpful. I was able to get recommendations for local restaurants and activities. The hotel is walking distance to Beverly Hills shopping and restaurants and just a short drive to Hollywood or the beach. The pool and lounge/bar on top of the building are amazing - a good place to chill out with friends. I definitely recommend this hotel to people looking for a fun and contemporary place to stay in Beverly Hills.

Room Tip: At check-in ask for a free upgrade
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at SIXTY Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear Barbara S,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your positive feedback. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Beverly Hills!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We have just returned from a 6 day stay in which my son got married and we used this hotel for some of the out of town guests. All total there were 10 rooms for friends and family. Everyone was impressed with the friendliness of the staff. From the valet parking staff, the front desk staff, maid service, pool staff and sales staff, all were great and couldn't do enough to make our stay pleasurable. We liked the small boutique atmosphere and the roof top pool deck reminded us of our cruising experiences. The only complaint that our group had was the lack of lighting in the rooms and bathrooms. I suppose that it was part of the style/decor of the hotel but it made getting dressed and putting on make-up a little harder for our guests.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in the Beverly Hills area. The location was excellent.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Ken M,

Congratulations on your son's marriage!

I appreciate your detailed review, and that you and your family trusted us to host your guests on such a special occasion. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Beverly Hills.