“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The food is very good, the service is friendly and excellent and there is nothing to dislike!
Well maybe, that it is sometimes hard to get in. But understandable....

1  Thank Disarma
There are newer reviews for E Baldi

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

This place has such great food. The taste is so clean, fresh, & simple but so good. We had the Langoustine, sweet corn agnolotti with truffle butter, & the octopus carpaccio. The agnolotti is so good that I had to hold myself back from picking up the plate & licked the last bit of the truffle butter sauce. Haha!

1  Thank JFu123
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Best Italian in Los Angeles, very fresh. Place noisy and tight but that is how Italian restaurants are.

1  Thank Chen H
Reviewed January 29, 2013

What A Horror of Experience! It was one of my favorite restaurants in the past but now - What Happened? Being Serous Lovers of True Authentic Italian pasta my husband and I enjoyed coming here for our Pasta Cravings. But it looks like the Quality and Quantity (by the way) went DOWN THE HILL! We visited on January 16 and as always started with 2 pastas. We were surprised that the portions now measured exactly 2 table spoons each but the taste was fair - not bad. Then we proceeded with ordering another 2 types of pastas - the result was the same - average taste and miniscule portions.

The service was the Worst in our memory of visiting the Finest Restaurants of the World for many years! The young waiter was criticizing our order!!! He INSISTED that ordering 2 more pasta dishes will be "TOO MUCH FOR YOU" and that we Must Order Dover Sole or Stake! Imagine his reaction when we decided to order the 3rd round of pastas (due to tiny portions)! He was outraged! By the way - the prices for pasta dishes are around $20-$24, so clearly we were ordering for more $$$ than the price of a stake... And it was in addition of course to constantly coming champagne orders... Yes, if you can believe it - our waiter was Furious that we ordered more pastas and Very Seriously this time said again: "I told you: this is Too Much For You!" To be honest - we were shocked with this type of comments!!! Even in Fast Food Place nobody will ever say such a thing to a Paying Customer but in a Fine Restaurant? OUTRAGEOUS!!!

THIS WAS THE WORST EVER DINING EXPERIENCE IN ALL 3 IMPORTANT AREAS OF A RESTAURANT: QUALITY, QUANTITY OF FOOD AND SERVICE! ANY GOOD RESTAURANT IS GOOD ONLY AS OF TODAY EXPERIENCE - NO OLD GLORY EVER SAVED ANY FINE RESTAURANTS FROM GOING OUT OF BUSINESS DUE TO IT'S OLD GOOD REPUTATION!

If in the past I always recommended this restaurants to my friends and family - NOT ANY MORE! EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING! AVOID!

1  Thank Irene B
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Being Italian, I am very picky with Italian food. Everything on the menu is not just good but amazing. I always order the Dover Sole and Truffle pizza. I have brought friends there and they said that the steak was better than any Beverly Hills steakhouse. I can't believe that Ebaldi isn't rated higher. I guess people in Beverly Hills like to pay for "cool" places instead of amazing food.

1  Thank Lrose143