4,180 results
All reviews wilshire tower trader vics cabana room oasis tower golden globes rodeo drive self parking pool area iconic hotel lobby bar santa monica red carpet per day junior suite an upgrade coffee maker standard room
Reviewed May 29, 2018

So, having spent part of my misspent youth as a resident of Beverly Hills (we moved there when I was in high school), the Beverly Hilton was always the place that was hosting celebrity events but was like an island to the non-uber wealthy like my family. It could be seen from Wilshire Boulevard but there was really no reason to ever go in. So how fun it was to return after many years away to attend a family wedding. I'm not certain what I imagined the Beverly Hilton would be like but it certainly isn't the ostentatious, over-the-top playground for the wealthy. Sure it's an old hotel that has been brought up to modern standards but it still is dripping with "wanna be" wealth. The rooms are comfortable; nothing spectacular. The pool area is old Hollywood with cabanas for rent and tables where power breakfasts and lunch time movie deals are probably still in vogue. The employees never hesitate to give you a warm greeting and the service is impeccable. We did have occasion to have brunch at Ciro 55 restaurant adjacent to the pool and even if it wasn't part of the post-wedding festivities, it would have been worth it at almost any price. The food was tasty and plentiful - emphasis on plentiful. Perhaps my favorite feature was the shower. It was set in a square bath tub (not the typical rectangle) and the water pressure could take the chrome off a trailer hitch. The bed was comfortable offering us peaceful slumber after each day of wedding related activity. The Beverly Hilton couldn't be more centrally located for either a walk on Rodeo Drive or a drive to the Beach or the many Los Angeles museums and other cultural amenities. Regardless of the room rate you get, be aware self-parking is $42 a day (I was too afraid to ask what Valet cost), there are hefty local tourist taxes and WiFi is only free if you are a HiltonHonors member.

1  Thank HospitalDude
Reviewed May 27, 2018

Very nice accommodations. Excellent staff (especially Susmita at the front desk and Tessa at the lobby cafe) The pool area is lovely. Hotel property has a lot to offer. Rooms are large and comfortable. I wouldn’t stay here for an extended trip (mainly due to being a little far from shops/restaurants/etc.) But I have stayed several times for work trips using the hotel ballroom as an event venue, and it is an excellent choice for such. Really nice fish tank by the elevators too
:-)

Reviewed May 27, 2018

Five years of going to this hotel and the one tower is run down with rooms that still have not been renovated. Even when you call, you email, you note on your reservation, and you ask at check in to please not be placed in that side of the hotel your team.

Reviewed May 26, 2018

Amazing location with transportation to Rodeo Drive and popular local attractions. Rooms a bit outdated but the pool is beautiful! Would recommend for couples and families to stay here as it is a nice location.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank juliaaa_s
Reviewed May 25, 2018

Two colleagues and I were coming to a business meeting in BH. Our host recommended two local BH hotels (I will not mention either) and they were $750-800/night. I booked the Hilton for $300/night. Interesting place. The hotel is just fine with Hollywood historic chic. We were even able to check-out the ballroom that hosts the Golden Globes. The day we arrived the Oscar Luncheon was being held. We were told at check-in that all three rooms had been upgraded to pool view rooms (thank you Diamond status) and much to our surprise, all of the Oscar nominees were being interviewed around the pool - surreal experience to be sure. The only meal we had was breakfast poolside which was fantastic. Great place to stay for half the cost of the BH competitors.

Date of stay: February 2018