“Worst Hilton- They consider it a priveledge for you to be there!”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed July 6, 2005

I cannot wait to leave this hotel! My reservations were incorrect not once but twice. The sales staff NEVER calls you back. Housekeeping service is slower than molasses and inconsistent. Sometimes things are cleaned, sometimes not. My paper was repeatedly tossed by the staff. Towels routinely not left, slick bathroom floor and no mats. No clean glasses, The staf just wipes the room glasses out and puts back in place or they take them if too stained and they are never returned. Shower gel thrown out by housekeeping staff. Ice maker has now been broken on 5th floor for the 2nd week in a row. THe internet service is horrid, it rarely works and you are charged $9.95 a day.The fax service is $4.00 a page, even to an 800 number. Repeated promises by staff and management to make ammendments are never fulfilled. The parking is a whopping $21.00 a day. Last night I came in from work at 2am, 2 guys were breaking into a car, no security to be found. I tried to walk in from the garage and the entrance was shut down for cleaning. I had to walk around thru the driveway and someone cleaining a balcony dumps a whole pail of water over onto me without checking to see if someone was walking into the Hotel. It is very loud here, numerous late night parties, and the staff caters to these parties. Don;t be shocked when you go to the front desk and wait in a long line and if you are not one of the partygoers in a ballgown, you will be looked over and literally the person behind you in line waited on first. Due to parties you can expect the entrance to be closed, which happened to me. We did receive a letter letting us know it would be closed, but as typical of the Hilton, it was the day AFTER! No Hilton perks here either, no manager's reception, no executive floor. Your Diamond, Gold, etc status means nothing. Also, I noticed a sign in the window by the business center that they are for sale. If you are going to LA consider the Glendale Hilton instead, the service and attention are incomparable to the Beverly. I cannot believe this hotel is considered a 4 star. In my opinion it doesn't even deserve a rating. It is strictly a convention center for the stars' parties.

• Stayed: July 2005, traveled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for The Beverly Hilton

Reviewed June 21, 2005

Booked a king room with a ‘luxury’ bathroom. Got there and were given a king room with a small bathroom (shower only). Called down to the front desk and they immediately upgraded us to a junior suite. The hotel service was great… 5 stars for the front desk staff. And the place looks really new and clean. My only complaint is that the bar staff were not as friendly and should be taught that a smile goes a long way. Would stay again but might not have a drink in the bar in the evening.

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 20, 2005

Rooms, elevators and hallways are extremly good remodeled. Everything smells new and fresh. Bright colors and a good mixture of wood and steel create a very high level of comfort and future. The rooms are the best I have seen so far in this category. Great new beds, flat screen TVs in bathrooms and bedrooms. Rooms are 21st century all the way, without missing the comfort. Staff was friendly all over. Hotel is at the interchange of Wilshire and Santa Monica (which means noise if you have a room overlooking either one with your windows open)- The only thing which is in need of remodeling is the breakfast room (still an 80ies feel). Would stay there again without hesitations.

• Stayed: May 2005
7  Thank juergenFrankfurt
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2005

We arrived in LA from Australia at 7am and were transferred to the Beverly Hilton by approximately 9 am and expected a lengthy wait until check in time at 2pm. To our delight we were shown to our newly renovated rooms within minutes of arrival at the hotel. The beds were so comfortable they were truly sublime and just what we needed to get over our jetlag. The plasma TV. was a superb suprise that will cost my husband dearly as I now want one! Star spotting in the foyer of the hotel was also an unexpected bonus. In order to get to the downstairs restuarant we had to walk through the function reception area. The staff were always friendly and helpful and being able to walk to Rodeo Drive was the icing on the cake! I would thoroughly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again some time in the future.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 14, 2005

They've sunk some money into this rennovation, and it shows!

The Lobby / Check - In area has been streamlined, and the essential duties of the Concierge, Bellmen and Front Desk / Check-In / Out is so beautifully appointed, almost like The Mansion in Dallas, Texas.

This is a staff that really cares. The Bellman, Frank is a wonderfully knowledgeable Welcoming Committee, to the property; and he describes the newset additions and amenities that have been added, since the change of ownership ( Merv Griffin sold the property to Benny Amalgen, last year )

The rooms are comfortable, to say the least. Service is attentive.
The Concierge James was friendly and made us feel welcome, with all our questions about local events.

For the price, this hotel is in a great location, just steps from Rodeo Dive.

6  Thank cactusjack56
Reviewed June 12, 2005

I stayed at the beverly hilton for a business trip last week. I had my choice of any of the Beverly Hills hotels and opted for the Bverly hilton based on the $60 million renovations the hotel has undergone. I also wanted to stay at a hotel that offered balcony rooms at a reasonable rate.

I made my reservation through Expedia ( which I have used before ). The website offers a diagram of the layout of the room and so i was able to view that the room i reserved had two double beds w/a balcony for a rate of $239/night. When I checked into the hotel , the desk clerks informed me that there were no double rooms w/ balconies; only king rooms. This hotel has over 500 rooms with by estimate at least 200 facing outside with balconies. the idea that all of those rooms had king size beds in them only seemed a bit far-fetched. I was told that i could have a balcony room for an additional cost of $50/night.

The room was spotless and fresh. Nice colors, flat screen plasma tv and a large bathroom. The balcony had a view of the hollywood hills way in the distance, but otherwise my view was the hotel's lower roof and some commercial buildings on sunset blvd. Certainly not one of the best as I had been told by the clerks based on that view.

On the plus side, the bed was one of the most comfortable I'd ever slept in. The closet was small and would present a problem for two people to share. The desk was also tiny and tucked in a corner that made it hard to sit at it and watch tv easily. The roomservice staff, doormen, and gym staff were excellent and prompt. The hotel is in a great location for getting to other areas of town.

The food I ordered to the room alwasy came quickly, but my last meal, a $36 steak dinner was the poorest quality of meat I have ever been served; simply a piece of brown fat. I would recommend only ordering lunch sandwiches and drinks.

I did not use the pool, but it appeared to be relaxing and clean. There is a $21/night parking fee; more if you use the valet I believe. Also, there were events at the hotel each night I was there, so if you were to drive out mid-day and return early evening, you could find yourself parking on the outer reaches of the garage as there woudl be so many addt'l cars using the garage during the events.

Would I stay here again? The price is not exhorbitant for BevHills, but the quality of the food should have been much better for a Hilton brand.

7  Thank Farmerica
Reviewed June 9, 2005

I stayed at the Beverly Hilton for 4 nights and this hotel was AWESOME! The room had a king sized bed with a down feather bed and down comforter. I received turndown service with chocolate truffels each night. The room even had a brand new 42" plasma TV. The brunch and Trader Vics are great! I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2005
3  Thank HI_96761
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#13 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!