“Just Luxury”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Beverly Hilton is at the heart of beverly hills.....
it is close to many shopping spheres in La.....
its a hotel which delivers.....luxury to its customers......
The hotel is kind os grand....
the property is well presented....
rooms are above average......
food is ok......

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ArunB

Reviewed April 15, 2009

The most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The pillows, linens, towels and robes were first rate. Be prepared to pay handsomely for room service, in-room movies, wi-fi or snacks from the mini-bar, but a great value overall.. Staff was friendly and helpful. Valet left 2 ice cold bottles of water in the cup holders. Conceirge was down to earth. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Katrina102
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Check in-Check out:
Well both were very fast they treat me well.
I give a 5 out of 5

Room:
The room was not like I suspect, I thought it was going to be more elegant but no, the room decoration is very simple and old, at least it has incredible beds and a t.v. plasma.
Our view was to the entrance of the hotel so it was not so good. I think with a remodelation the room will be better. It cost me 260 dollars per night with breakfast in the Circa 55.
I give a 4.2

Service:
The service was almost excellent, they treat me very good, but there were some people that maybe their service was not excellent. The room service was not so fast, but it was pricy. Before I come to the hotel I asked for some chocolates in the room and their were.
I give a 4.8

Location:
The location is perfect in Beverly Hills, in the Wilshire Boulevard near a Starbucks, The Grove, Westfield and the Beverly Center.
I give a 5

Restaurant:
They were 3 restaurants, the Circa 55 the Traders Vic, and the lobby bar.
The Circa 55 is where I ate my breakfast and some meals, the food was good, the free breakfast was for the buffet good but not so big, well if you are staying many days like me it will be boring with the same food.
I never ate at the Traders Vic, but it looks very good but little.
And the lobby bar was excellent they have Starbycks coffe and also other things like TAZO tea!! .The food quality was good in all restaurants.
I give a 4.8

Xtras(Parking, swimming pool)
The valet parking was good it cost 32 dollars but they give you bottles of water that may cost 3 dollars in total. The self parking was 26 dollars. So if we see the price the valet parking cost 3 dollars more plus the tip than the self parking, and each time you take out the car they give you the two waters, I end with 10 bottles. So for 3 extra dollar I think that the valet is a good idea, and you can call for your car from your room.
The swimming pool was not so hot, so we only stay a few minutes. It was easter so in that zone they were eggs hidden in the trees.
The internet cost 10 dollars for 24 hours, or in the lobby is free.
I give a 4.9

Value:
The room have a good price but all other things are soooo pricy.
I give a 4.5

Total:4.74 so it deserves the 5 points.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Oscar A
Reviewed March 29, 2009

We checked in to this hotel after an 11 hour flight and we were asked if we would like to upgrade our room at a cost of $60 per night in addition to what we had already paid (we had pre paid through trailfinders). I asked what the room we had paid for was like and was told 'it was not terrible' but the other room had been decorated and was much nicer and had a balcony. I agreed to the upgrade and the room we were assigned was lovely. It was also great to have the balcony.

The room was spacious and the bed extremely comfortable. It was decorated to a high standard.They charged $11.50 for a bottle of water which was outrageous. Room service is expensive but good quality.

The pool was really pleasant and the poolside staff excellent which was more than could be said for the concierge and the male receptionist who were both disinterersted when we asked them questions. It was almost as though we were an intrusion to their day.

Parking was over $25 per day.

Overall though a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MaggieDublin
Reviewed February 10, 2009

of course it is a luxurious hotel, with all the amenities needed and with an high quality standard, but it is so big that it become impersonal.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank micius
Reviewed February 3, 2009

This hotel was amazing. Upon arrival to the hotel, it kind of looked old & dumpy from the outside, so I was terrified of what our room was going to look like. Thankfully though, the concierge service emailed us a few days before check in asking us if we had any special requests. We requested a renovated room, room with a patio & view...etc. Thankfully, we got one of the newly redone rooms. It was so beautiful. We were blown away with all the plush amenities, like the flat screen TV in the bathroom. We stayed here using hotel points, so we didn't expect much in terms of service, but were blown away with how wonderfully everyone treated us. The check in staff was wonderful. They gave us a voucher for a free breakfast & 2 bottles of water in the room for our "gold status". The free continental breakfast was wonderful. The restaurant staff was so nice. We checked out the pool after breakfast & were offered free bottled water & a free newspaper. They were setting up free ice cream at that time to give out later in the day. We didn't get a chance to check out the dinner restaurant at the hotel, but it looked amazing. Don't try walking to the Beverly Hills shopping area. It is close, but we almost got run over. The hotel offers a shuttle & even limo service. Go for that. We wanted the exercise, but it wasn't a good choice. The grounds, hotel lobby, & hallways were all in beautiful shape. The picture on the hotel’s website looked just like our room. The only issue that we had was that our shower leaked. It wasn’t caulked properly. We didn’t care though. We just threw down a bunch of towels on the ground to soak up the paper. We would totally come back to this hotel & recommend it 100%. It has actually become a benchmark in my mind to compare other hotels against.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank hi_maint_couple
Reviewed February 3, 2009

The Hilton has certainly improved from my last stay a year ago. The service is much better, even friendly. Breakfast as good as ever, business centre still charges you big bucks for use of internet.
Bed is comfy as is the shower. I have stayed in Wilshire Tower on 5th floor.

Stayed: December 2008
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!