“Wonderful stay at the Beverly Hilton”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
New Jersey
“Wonderful stay at the Beverly Hilton”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. Nice sized rooms with cozy terry cloth robes. When we arrived there was a wedding taking place and when we left there was another event. The hotel was the venue for the Golden Globes days before our arrival. Very exciting. Rooms are quiet. Nice swimming pool area with lovely restaurant, couches and heated coffee tables for cool nights. The location is walking distance from Rodeo Drive - very exclusive area. Definitely recommend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you very much for your positive feedback and for recommending us to fellow travelers. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. When you visit it us again, please don’t hesitate to let us know what we can do to make your stay a five-star experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (628)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Loved this hotel from the moment I walked through the doors. Check-in was easy which was much appreciated after an 11 hour flight. Our room was lovely but the bathroom was on the slightly small side.
Would definitely reccomend the breakfast buffet, lovely fresh food and great service.
Also a must do is having cocktails in Trader Vic's, the home of the Mai Tai.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for choosing The Beverly Hilton during your visit to the area. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. Thank you for recommending the breakfast buffet and cocktails at Trader Vic’s Lounge to fellow travelers.
Reviewed May 28, 2014

excellent hotel, lovely room and the swimming pool is great.

Great location close to the restaurants and rodeo drive.

Only downside is the staff are unhelpful when the reception is busy especially the chap on concierge who needs replacing

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your honest feedback. While we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your room, the pool and the location of the hotel, we sincerely regret that we fell short of your expectations in service. Your comments will help us make future improvements.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Lovely service, great room and lobby, awesome history! Always some action--during our stay there was a charity benefit hosted there. I liked how the pool was in a sort of stepped courtyard. A great relic from the classy old days of Beverly Hills.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and were fascinated by our Hollywood history. We look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay.
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

But not quite what I expected. Good service and the breakfast was amazing to be free (I am a Hilton Diamond member). The air conditioner could have been stronger since it felt slightly humid in the room. Didn't spend much time in the room. Location was excellent for everywhere I needed to go. Glad my company paid for it as I don't think it was worth the almost $400 for the night.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are glad you found the hotel conveniently located and enjoyed our breakfast offerings. Please accept our apologies about the air conditioning. When you stay with us in the future, please don’t hesitate to let us know what we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

Arriving at 2h00 a.m. after a 4 hours delay at JFK in NYC it was a total relief to arrive at your hotel. Good, efficient, to the point at the reception. Hotel room was clean and quite, everything available, including night robes, slippers etc. confortable bed, slept well, breakfast outside! Good swimming pool. Excellent service with everything, storing lugage, bell men, laundry and drying, hotel was a lot of American history

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for this review. We appreciate your feedback and are delighted to hear that we were able to meet all of your expectations for a comfortable stay. We hope to welcome you back soon.
Plano, Texas, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2014

My stay here was TERRIBLE. I'm not particularly hard to please and am pretty easy going. I've never had a hotel stay that I would say was "bad". I am very understanding that things happen. But there is no excuse for this hotel.
1) The rooms were mediocre at BEST. Our bathroom had a weird, vomit looking stain on the marble that housekeeping claimed they couldn't clean because it was too old, then in the very.next.sentence told me the bathroom had been remodeled 2 weeks ago.
2) The a/c didn't work and we couldn't get the engineer there until midnight (he was nice, not his fault) but the first night was sweltering. And I'm from Texas.
3) I paid for internet and it stopped working 20 minutes afterward every.single.time. I even got connected to the internet SERVICE provider once. It was extremely hard to work.
4) Housekeeping broke my phone charger and the hotel replaced it, but with a used, mismatched and clunkier adaptor.
5) We at lunch at hotel restaurant the first night and our 3 sandwiches and 1 salad took an HOUR to get and there were exactly 3 other tables, none with more than 3 people.
6) The food was really blah. I was there 4 days for a conference and was very disappointed in the food. The waitstaff was nice, though.
7) The 11th time (literally) I called the front desk about the internet quitting after 20 minutes (it's supposed to be good for 24 hours) on day 4, the front desk person got snappy at me when I asked the charge to be removed because the service wasn't being provided (which I stated personally and politely) and HUNG UP ON ME. When I called back and spoke to the manager, she didn't seem surprised or that willing to do anything about it.
8) Someone puked in the lobby bathroom floor one evening. I notified the front desk when I discovered it. It was still there the next morning. I personally saw multiple employees go in and ignore it.

Room Tip: I understand the poolside rooms are much nicer, but I don't know what that means regarding the n...