“Beverly Hills Hilton”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Customer service-Outstanding. Accomodations-Beautiful. Professionalism of Staff-Highest Quality! My company held our 25-year service anniversary banquet at the Beverly Hills Hilton and all I can say is THANK YOU Hilton for a truly memorable experience. Stay here and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Ralph, thank you so much for your comments! We will be sure to share them with our team. It was our pleasure to host your event and we look forward to welcoming you and your company back in the future.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Beautiful hotel! Wonderful employees! Looking forward to staying here again.
Clean rooms, with modern features. Bathroom was spacious with a beautiful walk in shower. Toiletries were high quality & smelled great.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Mary, thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. We are delighted to hear about your great experience with us. We look forward to providing you with another exceptional stay in the future.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

When I arrived there was nowhere to park so that I could check in. The valet told me to double park in a red zone, which I found to be a safety issue in the event of a fire. I park where he instructed, checked in, and came back out to be berated by the valet on how I was blocking traffic flow. I then asked if II could unload my luggage and he was quite snippy and rude. The rooms were drab and outdated. The rooms definitely need a total makeover. I stayed in one of their suites, which you figure would be a nicer room. I was quite embarrassed to have friends meet me at the room & instead had them meet me at the lobby. I would recommend staying at another facility.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Todd C
BeverlyHilton, Marketing Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel. We regret to hear about your disappointment during your stay with us and we do extend our sincere apologies for the various challenges that you experienced. Our goal is to have each guest have an enjoyable stay, and we appreciate you taking your time to write a review, as well as sharing with us areas that may need improvements. We have sent you a private message so we may get in touch with you.

-The Beverly Hilton

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Brought back to the 60's like you wouldn't believe. Nice rooms and a unique experience. Lamborghini's and Ferraris line the valet area and the pool area is a must visit for a drink. Love the upgrades to the rooms. Make sure you get a balcony! We had one but our friends didn't. Totally worth it.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experience! We are glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Love the Contemporary Beverly Hilton with its history. We just returned from a short stay at this bright, airy, gorgeous hotel. This white comtemporary hotel maintains its glory and tradition from the days when contemporary was not retro. With all the upgrades of newer hotels, granite, separate bath/shower, lighted vanity touch mirror, this hotel didn't need to redo and go retro, the Beverly Hilton has always been contemporary, i.e. retro. The movie, grammy, and political photos, in black and white, add to the classic history of the otherwise contemporary hotel.

We have stayed here many times and this was a unique trip because I could compare this with others hotels in southern California within a two week time span. In the end, we were ready to return and enjoy the ultra private Beverly Hilton where we simply feel like it belongs to the guests, not shared with others. You have to be going there as it encompasses the corner of Santa Monica and Wilshire.

The pool area is surrounded by the hotel with Trader Vics available. Service at Trader Vics is outstanding. A couple of the servers, formerly waiters (!), have been there 40+ years. A bellman has been at the Beverly Hilton 30+ years. These staff and others are so welcoming and committed to making our stay perfect. From the check-in with Yamileth, Trader Vic's with Wing and Rene upon check-out, our stay was easy and relaxing - perfect. We had another family gathering of nine by the pool and our Orange County relatives don't complain about the 1.5 hour drive to the Beverly Hilton. As before, with the hotel we discuss what we want/need with the staff and whether in our room or by the pool, they make it perfect with their attention to detail, extraordinary service and gracious style.

Some hotels with Starbucks stop serving coffee mid-afternoon so I asked one afternoon whether it was too late for coffee. Some things change and I hoped coffee was still available. The response from the lobby bartender, it's never too late for coffee! This service and hints from staffers to travel by a certain time to avoid the traffic are so welcomed, especially when navigating LA. I noticed the feather pillows and called for foam pillows and minutes later pillows were delivered. This hotel is within walking distance of Rodeo Drive, and a car is also available for the trip. Great for a run, but to shop take the hotel vehicle.

We have stayed in various rooms each with a different view of Beverly Hills and LA. This time our eastern view facing Beverly Hills 'golden triangle' and LA was great. I can get a better photo of the 'HOLLYWOOD' sign from a north facing room, but I easily got the shot this time. My husband asked where we were when I took that photo, with the palm tree and Hollywood sign, and I told him it was taken from the window - open window in our room. I gave him a postcard perspective of our latest visit to the Beverly Hills Hilton and LA.

Room Tip: Rooms facing north or east are noiser. Interior rooms have a view of the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
BeverlyHilton, Public Relations Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for the kind words. We are delighted you have enjoyed your stays with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed here over the Labor Day weekend and we knew going in that it might not be as advertised and it wasn't. We went to enjoy Southern California and some friends, so our expectations were somewhat tempered by the reviews on this site. We did take the recommendations on here to go with a Wilshire Tower room for an additional $20/night. Not impressed in the least. Cigarette burn holes on the floor, the carpet had cuts in several places and stains in others. We had a king room which was comfortable. We did hear noise from the street, but it wasn't a problem. The safe in the room did not work initially and took more than one call to get it fixed which was an inconvenience. The hotel brags up it's tv in the bathroom, but it's lame and the bathroom is small. The room tv has mostly standard definition channels, can't believe in the world's entertainment capital that the rooms have minimal high def selections. The toilet does have a beday hose, but no actual beday, so it's somewhat awkward. Parking is a stellar bargain at $38/day. No need to valet the car if you don't have much luggage like us as the Wilshire Tower is a short walk from the garage and it's easy in and out. We had drinks with friends at the hotel and it took them forever to get the car from valet. The pool service I will say is outstanding. We appreciated their attentiveness very much. They were fast, friendly and really acted like their job depended on the quality of service. Kudos to them, they are the best thing the hotel has going. We, like a number of other guests on this site, had trouble with the mini bar as it was locked for days before it was restocked on our second to last day and left open. I checked with the desk to see if we'd have charges for the mini bar and they said none had occurred up to that point, so I didn't worry about it. Upon check out $130 was added to our bill for charges from the mini bar. I was livid and on top of that they couldn't print me a folio explaining all the charges because their printer was down. I had a feeling they'd attempt a bait and switch. Fortunately after much consternation they took it off and emailed me a copy of the folio. Typical California red tape. I know what their thought process is, just sneak the charge in there and if they inquire just slow play them until they give up. I didn't give up and got my refund. While this property is for the rich and famous I am not about to get ripped off. I didn't earn my money to just give it away just because I won't feel it. My opinion is this property has razor thin profit margins and it really shows in the level of service and the upkeep of the hotel. Just because you host an award show, etc. doesn't mean you don't have to deliver good, hassle free customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank wdharrington

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We apologize that your experience was not up to what was expected. We strive to make every stay comfortable. We have sent you a private message so we may get in contact with you. Thank you.

-The Beverly Hilton

Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of days to explore the area. The room was comfortable. Service outstanding. Unfortunately they did not upgrade me despite being a Diamond Hilton Honors. There was some sort of celebrity event that consumed the rooms. Next time hopefully.

Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We sincerely apologize we were not able to upgrade you during your stay due to high levels of occupancy. However, we are glad to hear you found your room comfortable and the service outstanding. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!