“Okay hotel only if you stay in main tower”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here 1 night and they booked us into the Oasis Tower. I had never been to that tower and we were sent there because we were partially on points and had a really low rate. The Oasis Tower is crap - dirty carpet, cracked tub and on first floor open to anyone who could walk by. I asked for the other Tower but had to pay more money (got it for $20 more instead of $50 because they were not full).

The main tower has been renovated and the bathrooms are pretty nice. Same ugly carpet and okay view.

Service was average. We asked to store our luggage while we went for breakfast. They put our luggage on a cart sitting there for anyone to look at or take right in the middle of the floor by registration.

Nice location for Beverly Hills but there are better places to stay in LA.

Room Tip: Stay in the main tower - Do Not stay in the Oasis Tower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Spent a few days in Beverly Hills visiting family. Booked a king room at the Hilton. The hotel has lots of charm even if it a bit dated. We enjoyed a very comfortable room with all the perks, great towels, robes and very comfortable bed. The hotel is in walking distance to down town shopping either in Beverly Hills or Century Center. We enjoyed a short cab ride to Hollywood and were among many tourists walking Hollywood Blvd! The Hilton has a great bar and cocktails, wonderful staff, and old fashion service. A great stay!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the ice machine, very noisy!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I stayed at the Beverly Hilton while on a 9 month business assignment. Staff are the most warm, friendly & attentive than any other hotel I've experienced.Very customer oriented. Facility extremely clean, fitness room well stocked with water and new equipment, pool extra long for exercise. Restaurant has excellent staff who anticipate your needs and attend to details.Car service drops and picks up within 2-3mile radius of facility.Awesome place!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed July 6, 2013

One of my favourite Hiltons....first review this stay, noted previous comments of reviewers and yes this is an ageing icon of the brand but what a history!
Located handy 30 minutes from LAX traffic permitting and short wait for check in, can get very busy at the desk though.
Stayed studio suite and no complaints, room on 7th floor, front side of hotel with view towards Santa Monica Boulevard & Rodeo Drive, all the names that sum up the nostalgia that is LA. Plenty of space, very comfy bed and excellent bathroom. Watch out for the electronic amenity tray dispenser in the room...easy to dislodge an item and receive inadvertent billing!
Service all round was excellent.
Breakfast buffet really good and one of the best you will find, staff are really attentive, nice tables outside as well by the pool where you will also find Trader Vic's for your evening cocktails! Nice pool though you will have to pick your spot as the area is shaded by the hotel building as the sun moves round.
Handily placed for a short walk to the shopping at Rodeo or to Santa Monica Boulevard and a very good shopping mall at Westfield Century City. Very good shop located in hotel lobby as well for snacks and souvenirs along with others selling branded goods.
A very enjoyable weekend stay and fully recommended.

Room Tip: Studio Suite, high floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ExpatKL88
Reviewed July 5, 2013

After reading some reviews I was skeptical after hearing about the out datedness of the rooms. I booked the double room deluxe and was highly satisfied. The outside of the hotel boast a classic feel while the inside is trendy and modern. From the time of arrival with valet, to the front desk, and the outstanding housekeeping we were NOT disappointed at all during our stay. Enjoyed the hospitality!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our renovated room was big enough for 4, myself, my husband and our teenage sons who are over 6ft! The beds were really comfortable. The staff were fantastic, especially James the concierge. We had booked a table at a local restaurant for dinner but cancelled it after seeing the pool area and the restaurant, the food was very good but we just enjoyed sitting and chilling. My only regret was staying for 1 night, we needed at least 1 more!!

Room Tip: We stayed in a renovated room in The Wilshire Tower, 4th Floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I liked the Beverly Hilton while I was there, but I am furious now that I am home. There is an unauthorized charge on my credit card. Since I did not purchase anything, I can only assume the hotel made an error, likely the mini bar thing as below. Except, on the day I checked in, a hotel employee knocked on my door and checked the stock in the mini bar. I assume this was also done after I left, so why charge me when nothing was missing? Now, I will have to call them to reverse this charge long distance at my own expense, as apparently they live in the dark ages and don't use email. And I did not get a receipt as I was with a tour group and the rooms were pre-paid. What a hassle!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
SIXTY Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Hollywood
Loews Hollywood Hotel
Loews Hollywood Hotel
#20 of 355 in Los Angeles
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!