“Sweet 16 Trip to Beverly Hills, CA”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed November 24, 2012

This year, my daughter and I celebrated her Sweet 16th birthday in Beverly Hills, CA. The hightlight of our trip was attending the American Music Awards(AMAs) which took place on Sunday, the fourth night of our stay. I was almost as excited about my stay at the Hilton, as I was attending the AMAs.. I was sure that since many celebrities were guests there (like the late and great Whitney Houston) that the accomodations would be plush. However, I was very disappointed to find a very dated suite with a small bathroom that lacked ventilation and a shower that told the hotel's age with its chipped paint and spots. The suite was large but the carpet was old, as was the dull sofa that was ackwardly placed in the corner of the room. Not wanting to complain, I chalked it up to "this is what $300/night gets you in CA". After my shower the next morning, I couldn't take it any longer, so I called the front desk and voiced my concerns to the hotel's receptionist,Sharon. I explained that where I came from and the places that I traveled to, $300 ensured a little luxury and at the least were more in alignment to what I was accustomed to at home. Well, Sharon's response to my concerns made the world of difference in the rest of our stay. She told me to pack my bags and that the hotel would move me into an updated room. When I returned from breakfast (complimentary thanks to Sharon) the new accomodations that we found were improved by 300%. I couldn't believe that I was in the same hotel. She and her co-workers Cassandra and Audrey also sent my birthday girl cards and sweet treats two days in a row, and Sharon was apologetic that noone had acknowledged my baby girl's birthday. I was appreciative of their efforts and my sweet 16 year old was in awe at how kind and considerate strangers could be. If it had not been for the consideration shown by the hotel's associates and all that they did to implement a swift customer service recovery, I would have given the Beverly Hilton two thumbs down. Thanks to Sharon,Audrey and Cassandra for showing us the other side....it made all the difference in our stay and in how we view the Hilton.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Wilshire Tower...rooms are renovated!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SouthernSwag704
Write a ReviewReviews (3,775)

Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

Really enjoy our stay here, clean & comfortable rooms. Good transport links via bus to Hollywood, Santa Monica and Famers market. Within waking distance to Rodeo Drive. The staff were very friendly. Would chose this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We stayed the night here one night after attending a charity event earlier in the evening. We were not expecting too much, just really a clean room to sleep. However, it met and exceeded our expectations. The room was clean and really comfortable. The mattress was heaven. The room was nicely sized, and attractively decorated.
I wish they had coffee in the room, and their parking / restaurant rates are astronomical.
Would definitely recommend to others.

Room Tip: Our room looked out onto the city (Wilshire blvd) and it was very pretty at night. For daytime stays...
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Had a great stay here. Check-in was smooth. Was given a nice room on the 7th Floor with a balcony with a view of Century City. Room was a good size, in good condition. Only disappointment was that I had pre-ordered a fruit basket and drinks on the HHonors website and this was not there on arrival. Had to call reception for this to be delivered. The manager gave me two complimentary cocktails in the bar in compensation which was nice.

The bar is a nice place to have a drink and chat. You get complimentary nuts and crisps with the drinks you order. On my first night, it was the Britannia Awards and actors like Harrison Ford, Daniel Craig, and Daniel Day Lewis were in attendance. Reception was very crowded with very well dressed people before and after the ceremony, and the bar too.

Good complimentary continental breakfast for HHonors Gold members. Good selection of fruits and cereals. You can have a table next to the pool which is nice when the weather is good.

The restaurant is good for dinner too. Tried the sirloin steak which was nice. Quiet, relaxing place.

Location is good for Beverley Hills and not too far from Hollywood and Universal. I had a rented car. Valet and self park cost the same. Good thing with valet is they have two bottles of cold water in the car when they deliver it. Very nice touch.

The concierge could be better. They did not seem very interested in giving directions when I enquired.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was wary when my husband told me he'd booked us into the Beverly Hilton on a recent four day weekend in L.A. I was certain that everyone would be snobbish and dressed perfectly! I was so pleasantly surprised that I'd absolutely stay there again! I was happy that they had easy-access self-parking which was so much quicker and easier than valet. It was only $36 a day which is much less than we pay in San Francisco and the same price as their valet parking. We had a great view of the mountains and could even see the Hollywood sign and the Griffith Observatory in the distance. Service at the front desk was polite and low-key. I'll absolutely stay again and maybe even spring for the super-comfortable $140 robe they give you to use during your stay. The only issue I had at all was the amount of traffic that runs on both sides of the hotel. It's awfully noisy early in the morning but I loved the 1960's early L.A. appeal so we'll be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
BeverlyHilton, eCommerce Marketing Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thank you for sharing your stay with us! We are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us. See you again soon!

-The Beverly Hilton

Reviewed November 16, 2012

This hotel, is clean and comfortable, it is handy to public transport. Breakfast was expensive, but Starbucks is next door. Only disappointment was they do not have coffee and tea making facilities in room, a disappointment if you like to end your day with a cup of tea on the balcony. They are for sale at the Hilton for $7.00. When you are looking for a place to stay in the USA remember tax is additional and not included. The hotel is on a busy road, however I was surprised that the noise from traffic was minimal. Hotel staff are all nice.

Room Tip: Request a room to the rear, away from Wilshire Boulevarde, to minimise traffic noise.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

-The Beverly Hilton

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Beverly Hilton is not your normal “business” Hilton. While you get the great location that is typically found at Hilton hotels, the Beverly Hilton adds a touch of elegance. We stayed at this hotel during vacation and had a great experience! In addition to the courteous and accommodating staff, the room was great. We particularly enjoyed the bathroom set up and the spacious feel of the room. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting LA…particularly couples!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
SIXTY Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Hollywood
The Hollywood Roosevelt
The Hollywood Roosevelt
#16 of 355 in Los Angeles
Hollywood
Loews Hollywood Hotel
Loews Hollywood Hotel
#20 of 355 in Los Angeles

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!