“Unbelievable hotel stay”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Melbourne, Australia
“Unbelievable hotel stay”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have stayed here a total of three times in the bungalows and i cant recommend it highly enough.
You can feel the history!
The bungalows are very quiet and private, with beautiful gardens, and although there is gardening staff everywhere, they do not use power equipment so the guests are not disturbed.. all by hand
The bungalows are self contained, they have a kitchen, lounge, bedroom, bathroom and a gorgeous under cover balcony...and a fireplace! Champagne and chocolates on arrival was lovely!
The restaurants and cafe is fab! One night during dinner, we were lucky enough to see David Beckham, his wife Victoria elton John and his partner all having dinner a few tables from us...yep, felt like a star stuck tourist! LOL
The pool area is beautiful and very old hollywood glamour..
I looved staying here, and will be back again

Room Tip: go for a bungalow..worth the price!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear renee2014,

It was a pleasure welcoming you back to The Beverly Hills Hotel for your third stay in a Bungalow. I am thrilled to hear you enjoyed everything…from the room, to the service, to the overall experience (complete with a celebrity sighting in the mix!) The hotel's storied history and legacy is so very special, and we feel a tremendous responsibility to maintain our authenticity. So it's wonderful to know that you can "feel the history" at the Pink Palace.

We are thrilled you will be back to visit us again and hope it will be soon.

Regional Director of West Coast USA and General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Possibly my favourite hotel, the Pink Lady still retains an Old Hollywood aura, with all the modern comforts, so the atmosphere is pretty unique. I was staying in one of the bungalows - the 22 b- within the lush beautiful garden, yet close to the legendary Polo Lounge. The bed was very comfortable, the decor nice, the marble bathroom was pure luxury and it was such a pleasure to go back to my room each night that I didn't care if there was a tiny mark in the bathtub : I will definitely ask for the same room next time. I had wonderful breakfasts at the beautiful Pool Cabana and lunch at the Polo Lounge. The Fountain Coffee Room is always very busy and the food looked great there too, the SPA has La Prairie products. I'm sure there's a business centre, but I used the Mac and the printer in the lobby. South Rodeo Drive is just a nice stroll away, but a courtesy car can take the customers anywhere in Beverly Hills - this was actually a big plus. Last but not least, check-in and check-out were quick and went smoothly, and everyone was utterly nice. Will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms. I personally think that the bungalows are in a wonderful setting...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear lauraannaceruti,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the “Pink Lady.” It is wonderful to know that you appreciate the delicate balance we are working to achieve to preserve the hotel's storied heritage while also remaining relevant with today's luxury traveler. Know that your 'favorite" accommodation, 22B, is a great choice and one of our most requested bungalows. It is great to know that you enjoyed it and that you will request it on your next visit. We truly appreciate all of your positive comments regarding your stay…from the food, to the house car, to your check-in and check-out experience. So happy you will be back to visit us again. See you soon!

New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was our best hotel experience in a long time. The service was friendly, professional, and attentive. Room service food was great, as was the food in the restaurants, particularly breakfast in the Fountain Room. Would recommend this hotel without reservation.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great - we had three, all with patios and terraces.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Dear janep p,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am thrilled to hear you had a wonderful stay. And yes, the Fountain Coffee Shop is a timeless classic that never goes out of style.

We truly appreciate you recommending the Pink Palace, as there is no greater compliment. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I stayed here last week for a Christmas getaway with my family. I have stayed here several times before, and it remains my favorite hotel in Beverly Hills.

Outstanding: Every single one of the concierges at the hotel. I can't remember all of their names but they were all fabulous. They are gracious, helpful and go above and beyond to provide exceptional service. The manager at the Polo Lounge, Greg is also exceptional at providing top notch service and hospitality. All of the valet attendants are fabulous, as are the hotel drivers. I love the Polo Lounge too-- you can't go wrong! Also- the coffee shop downstairs is wonderful for a quick bite and the servers there are friendly and attentive.

Needs Help: The pool staff, specifically the brunette who was working on Christmas day-- she had a real attitude problem. The rooms are also a bit outdated, but they are in the process of renovating.

REALLY needs help: The front desk agents (NOT the concierges). Specifically, the tall blond woman who has no concept of what 5 star service is like at a luxury hotel. Besides completely ignoring me after standing in front of her for several minutes... I asked her for change for a large bill and she directed me to the valet attendants even though I wasn't going outside. She was rude and abrupt with me...it was clear she didn't want to be bothered. I think she needs to take a lesson or two from the concierge staff.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear morocjaim,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us, and for choosing to celebrate the holidays with your family at The Beverly Hills Hotel . With so many lodging choices in Los Angeles, we truly appreciate you selecting "the Pink Palace" and it's wonderful to know that you consider us your favorite hotel in Beverly Hills. I will be sure to share your kind comments regarding the concierge, Greg in the Polo Lounge, and all the valet attendants. They will be pleased to know they added a special touch to your stay.

I am, however, extremely concerned to read your feedback regarding the pool and front desk staff. I can assure you your recent experience does not reflect the standards that our guests have come to expect from The Beverly Hills Hotel. It is clear that we failed to provide you with consistent service excellence and I can only apologize for our shortcomings. Please contact me directly when making your next reservation and I will make sure you are provided the Five Star experience that we are committed to providing for all guests.

london
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Thanks guys for a lovely stay, your hotel is a timeless classic. Loved the Polo Lounge and hope to return soon. The car service was excellent {thankyou Forest} and the breakfast bar in the basement was to die for ... Smoked Salmon and poached eggs with Moet .....Wow !
We shall be back....

J&V xx

Room Tip: "Rooms on the south side are quieter"
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear radiojon73,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us…especially the Smoked Salmon and Poached Eggs with Moet .... I have to try that next time I dine in the restaurant!

We look forward to your return and hope it will be soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed December 25, 2013

Room, excellent. Bathroom lighting: flattering. Staff: impressive. From the luxury of the Polo Lounge to the casual breakfasts in the diner, there's a bit of everything. I like it that they kept a diner style rather than trying to make it modern trendy. This is a comfortable hotel.
The only thing I didn't like about it was the location. No people on the street, just cars. I couldn't handle it, but I guess Angelenos think it is fine.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear 5228Sigrid,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. It is great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay…from the room, to the staff, to the food. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I'd always wanted to stay in one of the Bungalows at BHH and decided to splurge on a recent trip and do it. The positives - lobby of hotel is beautiful, pool is terrific and hotel staff are friendly and super helpful. Now the bungalows; they are terribly outdated. The room décor reminded me of a bad version of the 1980's TV show "Dynasty" - combined with staying at the apartment of one of your old Aunts who had plastic on the furniture. The bungalow we were in was nicely sized, but terribly outdated and extremely dark. At the price (about $2k/night all in) -- I felt super disappointed. We almost checked out after one night (wish we had) for one of the other great hotels in the area - but stuck it out. I know some of the rooms in the main hotel have been redone -- and the staff told me the bungalows will eventually get the same treatment. Until that happens, don't waste your money. Hate writing this bad review -- because the staff was so pleasant - but management should be embarrassed to charge that much and deliver that product.

Room Tip: Don't rent a bungalow until the hotel redoes them.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank ThomasJ206
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear ThomasJ206,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. While I was most disappointed to learn you did not enjoy staying in our bungalows, I very much appreciate your candid feedback and commentary. As indicated during your visit, the majority of our accommodations are currently being refreshed, and all guestrooms and suites in the main house will be upgraded and enhanced by the end of next year. This is the last phase of the hotel's ongoing restoration program, which included a refresh of the lobby, Polo Lounge, cabanas and Cabana Café. I am glad to hear that you found these restorated areas, notably the lobby and pool, beautiful and terrific. It is also wonderful to know that you found the staff to be friendly and super helpful. We have a great team here at the hotel and they do an excellent job of delivering service excellence to all of our guests.

It is my sincere hope that you will give us another chance and return to stay in one of our new rooms or suites. Based on your feedback, I am confident that this would be much more to your liking and expectation. If you would consider doing so, I would ask that you contact me directly so I personally oversee your reservation. In the meantime, thank you again and best wishes for a happy new year.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Westside
#3 of 15 in Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!