“very Comfortable”

The Beverly Hills Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed November 30, 2013

This place is very comfortable. The rooms are large with elegant furnishings. the service was top rated and the valets are very quick. Busy hotel yet relaxing. I don't know how to adequately describe this property other then it is a experience. My wife loves it because her favorite TV show was filmed here (I Love Lucy).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear Rodney N,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. Our goal is always to create a memorable experience for our guests from the moment they arrive until the moment they depart…so I am very happy to hear we were able to do this for you and your wife. And I also love I Love Lucy ... a timeless classic ... just like the hotel!

We hope to see you again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for The Beverly Hills Hotel

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I arrived at the hotel and before showing any id I was greeted on my name by the entire staff!
The reception had my key ready , so practically no waiting time.
The pool was under reconstruction but the hotel reacted tw his guests by offering small attentions .
The rooms are always very beautiful and clean!
I can't find reasons to complain !
I will definitely go back next year!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear carmen274887,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Pink Palace. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am very happy you will be back to visit us next year…we look forward to your stay!

Reviewed November 28, 2013

I joined my husband on a business trip out to L.A. He was staying at the Beverly Hills Hotel and insisted I come. So I figured, why not, I love California.
I arrived fairly late, and when I went to check in, the person at the front desk refused to call my husband's room (we don't have the same last name, and as I explained to the gentleman, that is is against the Law in Quebec, to take your husband's last name, he again refused). Even though, they sent a car to pick me up at the airport and my husband informed them of my arrival.
Lucky for me, my husband was in the lobby at one of the bars and saw me standing there. The staff were all wonderful. I read some reviews about the Polo Lounge and to check your bill. Please do so, we had dinner there one evening and there was an extra charge that our waiter was very apologetic about. For a very posh hotel their coffee was not great. The food was very good, I had the McCarthy Salad twice!
We saw a few celebrities, some of whom we had no idea who they were! I was always self-conscience every time I took out my camera, I love taking pictures, but being in that hotel made me feel like a paparazzi. So I always tried to take pictures really early in the morning or make sure noone was around.
We went down to the Hollywood walk of fame, as I have been told, it is rather dumpy. Elvis Presley and The Beatles start the walk, it runs for quite of few blocks on either side of the street, we walked a couple of blocks, but that area is not great. We went up to the Dolby theater, lots of shopping there and you see the Hollywood sign, which is cool.
Our favorite place was Santa Monica, it was just beautiful.
We headed down to Rodeo Drive, on my husband's insistence. It's beautifully done, but OH so expensive. I love nice things, but I'm a bargain shopper, but I did promised myself next multimillion dollar movie, I'm sure going to buy myself a pair of Jimmy Choos. For now I'll content myself with making my kids lunches!
We headed down to more reasonable shopping area, At the Grove. I just loved it there. The Cheesecake factory made the best lemon drop martini EVER, the Beverly Hills Hotel should take notice!
One night we headed down to try and catch a hockey game. L.A. was playing Calgary. We were really impressed on how the whole area is built around the hockey rink. The tickets were fairly expensive considering neither of our teams were playing the Kings that night (Habs or Bruins). So we ate at the restaurant Katsuya, and it was the best sushi I have every had. I'd go back to LA just for that !

It was my first time in L.A., we were there for only a few days, surely not enough time to do everything, but what we did was great.
I'd recommend the Beverly Hills Hotel, it is truly a historic place, and again, so comfortable!

Room Tip: My guess, is all their rooms a pretty good!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear GiovannaHabsFan,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am thrilled you were impressed with the service provided to you. It is very unfortunate to hear of your billing issue at the Polo Lounge. This certainly does not reflect the Five Star service that we are known for and I apologize for our human error. I have followed up with the staff and they have assured me that it was a careless mistake that most definitely should not have happened. I will be sure our Director of Food & Beverage follows up with our team to stress the importance of attention to detail and ensure this does not happen again.

It sounds like you had a wonderful time in Los Angeles and had the opportunity to see the wonderful attractions that make our city so special. Thank you for recommending The Beverly Hills Hotel as there is no greater compliment. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed for one night only at the BHH – had booked a King Room – arrived about 4pm and the room was still being worked on, so after a little wait, which was very enjoyable, Sir Anthony Hopkins and Christian Slater to 'people watch' at, we were upgraded to a bungalow with a complimentary bottle of house champagne. The bungalow was massive, and just the most comfortable beds and linen – loved having a jacuzzi bath the next morning, the bathroom was beautiful and you could of had a party in it!!! Loved chatting with the valets out front, they were really nice guys and you cannot fault the service in this place. Had a quick supper in the Polo Lounge, which was lovely and again they made adjustments to the menu to suit us. The swimming pool is amazing and so 'old-skool' and all the staff were really courteous! Also got a great pair of PJ's from the shop - expensive but a really good make so comfortable! I am looking forward to returning one day soon!! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Bungalows are great, would of liked to have seen inside the room we originally booked, but we had no...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jollygirlsouting,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us…from your bungalow, to the service, to your dinner in the Polo Lounge. And yes, we are known for great people watching and celebrity sightings so I am glad you got to experience that. I am thrilled you picked up a pair of our striped pajamas…they are as comfortable as they are stylish!

Thank you for recommending the Pink Palace. We are thrilled you will be back to visit us in the near future! See you soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

A serious place well worth the experience alone.I love the history behind it and the staff are great too cant do enough for ya.Complimentary wine upon arrival is a nice touch.Dinner at the famous polo lounge is a must as well,if you fancy a night cap there is $6000 bottles of tequila knocking around at two am as well ..long story;-)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Dear Barranman,

Thank you for your sharing your experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. It sounds like you had a wonderful stay with us…from the service, to the Polo Lounge, to the $6,000 bottle of tequila ... cheers!

Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Just spent 5 nights in a Deluxe Suite, after a 10 hour flight from London, pulling up at the Valet was just so refreshing, we were treated like royalty. Front desk welcome, to the amazing Concierge, drinks and dinner at the Polo Lounge with our Children everything impeccable. The service everywhere is just outstanding. As a regular guest at Hotel Bel Air we wanted to give BHH another try after a previous disappointing stay, and was really very impressed. Thankyou for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MylesLondonUK

Dear MylesLondonUK,

It was a pleasure welcoming your family to The Beverly Hills Hotel on your recent trip to Los Angeles. And it's great to know that you are a regular guest of our sister property Hotel Bel-Air.

We know how awful the long flight from London can be so we are happy to know we were able to ease the pain with a warm welcome. Thank you for giving us another try and letting us deliver the Five Star service we are known for. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel on your next visit to Los Angeles.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have stayed at Four Seasons, The Peninsula, Greenbrier, etc. and did not realize that there is one higher level of service until my stay at this hotel. The staff seeks out your expectation and then tries to exceed it. Beautiful hotel-feeling of privacy. Polo Lounge is an experience - everyone gives you a second look to see if you are a celebrity of note.
Will be back.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear GuestTraveler5,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. Your review made my day, and I am thrilled to hear how impressed you were with the service provided to you. It is great that you have now been introduced to the "Pink Palace" and we very much look forward to you return and hope it will be soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Westside
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!