“A Return To The Legendary Pink Palace”

The Beverly Hills Hotel
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed September 24, 2012

A complimentary bottle of champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and a bowl of ripe peaches greeted us upon our return to this iconic jewel, celebrating it's 100th Anniversary. It felt like coming home. Friendly, warm and classy without pretense or airs. My good friend and I reprised our Southern Cal trip of 2010, doubling the nights at this lovely dream of a hotel from 2 to 4. The rooms are large and lovely. I requested the same room as last time, a deluxe queen facing the iconic pink towers. Large bathrooms with double sinks. Delicious deep tub with separate marbled shower. A plus, the windows actually crank open onto the cool night which is so refreshing in this age of sealed air! Dinner at the Polo Lounge is a memorable experience. The famous Polo Lounge carrot cake is a must for dessert. To think how many Hollywood icons sat at the bar, or made big picture deals over these very tables. Yes I am starstruck when it comes to old Hollywood and what better place to stay then inside these storied walls. The parking valets were the best. The pool and flowing fountain were so relaxing,as you sink into the cushions on the chaise. And don't miss the Beverly Hills Hotel's Coffee Shop, even if you get a croissant to go, or sit at the counter for blueberry pancakes. ...But where is the chandelier? Only negative, my friend who is originally from Hollywood many moons ago, remembers the beautiful chandelier, which was still hanging over the red carpeted stairway on our 2010 visit, (took a photo of her & this chandelier!) has sadly been replaced. Otherwise thank you for another beautiful stay, until next time...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Evelyn V
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Evelyn V,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am pleased you were able to celebrate our 100th year anniversary with us! I am glad you enjoyed your room, and our delicious carrot cake is one of the most requested desserts at The Polo Lounge. We are sorry to hear you miss the former chandelier, but we are happy to hear you have a photo keepsake to preserve its memory. As interior design changes over the decades, we’re confident you will eventually find it just as special as we progress into this newer chapter of The Beverly Hills Hotel.

Thank you for staying with us and yes, until next time…

Regional Director of West Coast USA and General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,208)

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The minute you walk into this heaven of luxury you realise how lucky you are.
The most impressive thing in my opinion is the fact that the hotel is large, spacious, and quite.
Another fact, LA is all about celebrities. This hotel is the place to see them...
The room was huge very old stylebut in a chic way. Every thing was elegance and peaceful.
I had a lovely balcony with great view on Beverly Hills.
I had kunch at the polo lounge and tried the house salade called Mc Arthur salade, its like a cesar salade but LA style !

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Dear coolguyparis,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay and your McCarthy Salad in the Polo Lounge. The McCarthy salad is the most requested dish on the menu!

We hope to have you back again very soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I surprised my wife and took our sports car to Beverly hills California for afternoon lunch at the world famous polo lounge at the Beverly hills hotel on sunset . They valeted my car $8.00 well worth it , and then met Emilly at the front door of the polo lounge , she was so nice and helpful and she really made our experience fantastic and gave us a tour and than sat us outside where we ate our $28.00 burger , well worth it My whole day cost me $75.00 with tip and parking and my wife will never forget that day . Thank you Emilly and the whole staff at the Beverly hills hotel

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Dear Barry W,

Thank you for reviewing your recent experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I am thrilled you enjoyed your time with us and that Emily and our staff provided you with the five star service that we are known for here at the “Pink Palace.” I hope you will be back to visit us again!

Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from 9 days at the hotel. It is gorgeous. Impromptu hair cuts at the Joseph Martin - excellent work from Alvaro - a charming man. Restaurant staff all impeccable. Concierges patient and super efficient. Beautiful room. Slept better in that bed than anywhere else. Hotel kindly sent complimentary champagne and chocolate cake for my birthday. Loved lounging by the iconic pool. Front of house excellent. Location is best for us as i could run safely around the neighbourhood, and stroll down to the stores around Wilshire. Was a bit irritated by 'dorchester collection' now appearing on the logo clothing, and the list of hotels on my pillow each night. The BH is unique and iconic. It happens to be owned by the Dorchester. Don't push it. BH is too special to be marketed as part of a 'chain'.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear NettyPoole,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at The Beverly Hills Hotel. I will share your kind words with Alvaro as he will appreciate them very much!

I understand the sensitivity regarding the addition of Dorchester Collection to our famed Beverly Hills Hotel logo. As you may know, we are celebrating a 100 year birthday this year and are proud of the wonderful history we have created here at The Beverly Hills Hotel. Unlike other hotel chains in our category, Dorchester Collection Hotels are landmarks of originality, as are we. All of the properties in the collection offer a rich and unique provenance in their own way and it’s an honor to be affiliated with such a unique and historic collection as we move into the next 100 years.

I am pleased you chose to celebrate your special day with us and glad we were able to make it extra special for you. We hope you will be back to visit us again very soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I am an LA local and decided to treat myself like a movie star and spend the night at the hotel for my birthday. It was wonderful. I got a complimentary upgrade (on Labor Day weekend for christ sake's) and had a fabulous time. This hotel knows how to get it done. Can't wait to return. Loved lounging at the pool sipping Champagne. Great spot. Can't go wrong.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank AngelenoGal
TheBeverlyHillsHotel, General Manager at The Beverly Hills Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Dear AngelenoGal

Thank you for reviewing your recent "staycation" at The Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back very soon!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

I was in the OC for work and a friend came along. Once I was done with work, we moved up to Beverly Hills and stayed at the Beverly Hills Hotel for our last two nights in southern California. My friend picked out the hotel, and I had no expectations. It was awesome. I don't think there is even one thing I would change about the hotel. Well, maybe they could light their entrance from the street a little better—it is a funky corner and you go in at an angle.

We were in bungalow 5, which was really awesome. I guess it is one of the few rooms in the hotel with two beds--good for friends traveling together. So, beware there may not be too many choices if you aren't a couple. I guess that Liz Taylor honeymooned in the other half of our bungalow several times—don’t ask. Our half had one very large room and a bathroom almost as large. The only drawback to the bathroom is that the toilet doesn’t have its own area. Otherwise the room and beds were great. The room was pretty dark, but there was light that came in through the door.

We were given fresh fruit and cookies every day—a nice treat.

I did hang out at the pool one morning, and it was quite nice. Be warned, that by 10am all the first row of seats were taken. It sounded like you could reserve some seats, so perhaps call the day before. I didn’t see the evening events by the pool, so can’t comment there. I wanted to, but we just were elsewhere.

I did have breakfast twice at the hotel—once by the pool and once outside at the Polo Lounge. I highly recommend the granola, yogurt, and fruit. I did prefer the French press coffee at the Polo Lounge, which didn’t seem to be available at the pool. The coffee by the pool came in a thermos, but was still only moderately warm upon arrival. I wasn’t able to eat at the “counter” because it was full, but it looked really cute. I would absolutely go there next time.

One night we had dessert quite late at the Polo Lounge and both items we tried were amazing. My diabetic friend ate almost the entire carrot cake, and said it was the best carrot cake she had ever had. I was too busy downing the ice cream cake to really care. It was a Friday night and not the crowd I was expecting. It was an odd mix of what looked like old (meaning age) regulars and some well worn bar flies with a few very skinny girls in too short dresses looking for some action. Needless to say, the people watching was fun.

The concierge was great! They helped us find some great restaurants and navigate the LA roads to connect where we wanted to go. The valets were great. All in all the service was fantastic.

I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Ronilight,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows. We are glad you took the chance to stay with us and pleased to hear even though you didn't have any, we lived up to your expectations!

We are celebrating our 100th year anniversary and hope you will be back this year to celebrate with us!

Warm regards,

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Incredible dedication to service, unmatched history, beautiful rooms and grounds. We stayed at this hotel on the tail end of a California Coast trip and were amazed at how well we treated. From the initial reservation, to the valet, to the concierge... Each made every possible attempt to handle all of our requests and go beyond just filling them. We stayed at The Fairmont, The Ritz and The Four Seasons along the way... None matched the experience we had at The Beverly Hills Hotel. Our suite was nearly the size of our own home and every hotel after this stay paled in comparison to The Beverly Hills. We have inquired about becoming members of the Dorchester Hotel collection based on this one experience with the idea that perhaps our next stay at one of their hotels will live up to this stay.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Barry M,

We were so pleased to read about your experience at The Beverly Hills Hotel and Bungalows. We're flattered to hear the Pink Palace was your favorite stop on your California adventure!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Westside
#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills
Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!