“A comfortable hotel, provided your room doesn't overlook the back alley and you are not travelling with a large group.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel

Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Montreal Quebec
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2009

My husband and I, in a group of 20 couples, recently stayed at the Luxe, Rodeo Drive.
The hotel and rooms were clean. I do not believe this hotel has a great deal of experience with groups. Upon arrival, it took nearly an hour for all of us to get the key to our room.

The restaurant was quite small and could handle only half of our group at a time. Service was SLOW which I could not understand as all of us were having the “continental” of muffins. The continental breakfast consists of mini muffins with coffee and a glass of orange juice. If you want toast you must ask for it. We recommend you take a short walk to Nate n Al's deli on Beverly for a great breakfast or lunch.
There is NO coffee machine in the room.

There are no ice machines on the floors. One must dress and go to the resto. The rooms were quite small with little room to walk.

The beds were comfortable and the linens good quality and comfortable – which they changed daily. The tv reception was poor and the remote control difficult to operate.

Our room, 222, was located in the back of the hotel, overlooking the alley and parking lot. Each morning – around 4:30 - we were woken by the noise of early deliveries and a noisy street sweeper. Rooms on the front overlooked Rodeo Drive.

The best rooms to be had were the ones in the center of the hotel, with individual balconies overlooking an enclosed terrace which gives you more space.

I would not stay in this hotel again. After you see Rodeo Drive once, there’s not much left to see.

I would recommend this hotel for a short stay only.

• Stayed April 2009
1 Thank QuebecChic

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
LA / SF / Seattle / New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2009

Stayed a week at the Luxe in Beverly Hills on Business, which is not usually a location we would use, but was central to most of our meetings this time.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Luxe. The one negative point - the Luxe is just a bit too small. Which means if you are used to a lot of hotels, with grand foyers etc, it seems at first a little claustrophobic. The rooms are a little small, the lift is small etc. If it could all be widened by two feet in every direction it would be a great hotel. But its location is excellent, had my wife been with me on this trip, she would have adored Rodeo Drive and the surrounding shops. (And I would have probably been bankrupt!)

But if size doesnt matter to you then the good points of the Luxe balance that out and more than make up for it. The food is just excellent and the restaurant is good. The bar is small, but always some lively conversation.

Desk staff, concierge and all the staff I met were polite, helpful and went out of their way to assist us and get what we needed. I've read some comments about the staff being surly or unhelpful - but I didnt experience that here. They organised cars and helped with travel for us and the service couldnt have been better - hooking us up with the best limo driver we've ever used in LA - and we went on to retain him all week. Got us to every meeting on time, despite LA freeway gridlock.

Similarly the laundry, housekeeping and room service staff were nice people and efficient, which is what you need when you dont have a lot of time. Laundry was coming back same or next day and was perfect (I always dread putting laundry into hotel services!)

Now, whilst the luxe was small, its rooms, from the two we experienced, were well equipped, clean and well serviced, especialy the bathroom. I hate hotel bathrooms that are not clean, this one was immaculate.

Overall, I liked the Luxe and will stay here again if our busniess brings us back.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank TravellerOnBusiness4
QualifiedReviewer, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to comment so favorably on your stay with us.

We are so pleased you enjoyed the service and amenities of the Luxe Hotel Rodeo Drive.

It is our goal to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. We look forward to seeing you back again soon.

Sherwin Banda
general manager
North America
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2009

The Luxe hotel is certainly not deserving of its address or name. The hotel lobby, the rooms and the restaurants are downright dirty. When you walk in you can't but notice the dirty floors and carpeting and the elevator that looks like something out of a dorm. The rooms in general are no better. You can hear guests above you, the rooms are small and they are just not (did I mention) clean. The hotel is trying to be something it is not. If you want a cheap run down hotel with a nice address this is for you. If you want a nice hotel with a nice address run the other way. If I had a camera I would photograph the cheap and dirty shades, the home depot refrigerator passing as a mini bar and the small and dingy bathroom. This hotel is really really poor quality.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Thetravler80
I regret your experience at the Luxe Hotel Rodeo Drive was not more positive.

We pride ourselves on our wonderful location, beautiful design and most importantly a diligent and attentive staff who care about our guests and giving each one the excellent standard of service they expect.

We are currently undergoing a wonderful guest room renovation, with new furnishings, drapes and luxurious linens.

I hope you will come back later this year to experience our new look and have our great staff take care of you.

Sherwin Banda
Gold Coast
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2009

We recently returned from a trip around the USA with our last stop being LA. the Luxe Hotel was amazing. The staff are very friendly and can assist you with anything you need. Shopping trips, tickets to Disneyland and transport to and from the airport.

The location of the hotel is great as it is the only hotel on Rodeo Drive so if you like designer shopping this is the place to stay. There are a few nice resturants on Rodeo Drive but the cafe's and bakery's in the surrounding streets are even better.

The room was nice, the bed was very small though so if you going there as a couple might want to ask for a king size bed is available. Modern fitted our bathroom was lovely and the housekeeping turn down service was nice also.

Overall this was the best hotel we stayed in during our entire tour of the states and I would have no problem recommending it to anyone.

• Liked — Friendly staff and location
  • Disliked — Size of bed
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KLA00
QualifiedReviewer, general manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2009
Wonderful to hear!
We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at Luxe Hotel Rodeo Drive and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to LA.
redondo beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2009

I grew up an still live in the South Bay Losangeles area, so my husband and I decided to take a night off and go to Beverly Hills to what I thought was a nice hotel. The Luxe looks nice from the outside and the website was amazing! But it could not be further from the truth. It started with the parking you have to turn down all the streets and alleys to get to the valet service that is located behind the hotel rather than the front. The valets were fantastic! The only good thing that I saw. So when checking into a odd small shaped room which was the "lobby" was ok but just ok. The AC in the elevator and in our room didnt work the entire time!! So once getting to our room I was in shock! small, hot, no air and uncomfortable! The TV was fuzzy it had to get it fixed. Then they forgot to put a shower curtain on. the bathroom was a dingy joke for a hotel on Rodeo dr. the view was horrible. My confirmation said I had a view of Rodeo. I had a view of a back of a building. So we had are romantic night away in a dingy, small, hot, humid room! The no AC bothered me the most. I am by no means a complainer I said nothing while I was there except to have the tv fixed. I just do not want people wanting to stay in what they think is a nice hotel, because this is not!!!!! I have stayed at Ramadas that were nicer!

Stayed January 2009
2 Thank cupid95
I am so sorry your experience at Luxe Hotel Rodeo Drive was not more positive. We aim to ensure all our guests have a pleasant experience, and it sounds like yours was not as it should have been. We have checked all air conditioning and televisions in the hotel so this should not happen in the future.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2009

We were very pleasantly surprised what we got staying at The Luxe. The location is A+, especially if you love shopping and can afford Rodeo Drive prices. We couldn't, but still loved the location.

The rooms are not huge, but well furnished & modern. Great service from all the staff. Concierge & Valet are friendly and helpful. They can book tours for you as well.

Free WiFi in the rooms for the iPhone or if you have your own laptop, else two computers provided free of charge in the lobby.

Free Apples at the check-in desk is a lovely touch.

Also well located if you want to see Hollywood, Venice Beach, Santa Monica Beach, Universal Studios - the lot.
We took the red sightseeing buses, where you can "hop on, hop off" at numerous spots. (Farmers Market was a great stop).
Lots of venues to get reasonable priced meals as well. Just look in a few of the streets around Rodeo Drive.
Beverly Drive, parrallel to Rodeo has a diner called Nate 'n Al. May spot a celebrity, as we did - Larry King.
Also Cheescake Factory on the same road is not ONLY Cheesecakes - the meals are reasonably priced & serve large portions - consider sharing if on budgets.
La Pain was a lovely breakfast spot we found nearby on Little Santa Monica Blvd.
I could go on & on, but you should get my drift - it's a great place - hurry along before others find out!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank danadau
QualifiedReviewer, General manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2009
Thank you for the compliments. It means a great deal to read such warm and positive feedback from our guests.
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2008

just spend one nite @this boutique hotel ,great location on rodeo drive !!! we booked 2 rooms next to each other on the roof with a huge balcony w/dining table ,lounge chair and patio furnitures .and when i say huge balcony ,you can put 300 pers. this is like a penthouse . the rooms are not too expensive from $185 to $320 in beverly hills. i booked the rooms with "tablet hotel.com". the continental breakfast is $12 and american breakfast is $20. there is 2 entrances ,one on rodeo drive and one w/valet in the back,very easy access. they charge $28 for the day for your car. great service ,friendly and professional. the room are very nice all white ,lite blue ,white orchids,modern style.
enjoy your stay

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank islanderbob
QualifiedReviewer, Public Relations at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2009
Thank you so much for your kind words. Hope to see you again at the Luxe Hotel Rodeo Drive.