“Great location and great staff”

Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Sydney, Australia
“Great location and great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed at the Luxe hotel for three nights. Great location Nicely appointed rooms . The staff at he desk were incredibly helpful and great with restaurant bookings . Nothing was too much trouble and being a small hotel you feel very at home
Would definitely stay again when next in LA

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Jane G,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your stay with us. It will be my pleasure to share it with my team as they deserve all the praise. It is our mission to go beyond borders to ensure our guests are enjoying their time with us. I am delighted to see how well it was done in your case.

I look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions and please contact me anytime should you have questions or wishes.

Kind Regards,

Marcus Mueller

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

Dear Mr Marcus Mueller,
I am actually writing this review out of complete excitement after reading the reviews. My partner and I will be spending the 11th and 12th of March at your hotel for the start of our honeymoon! Las Angeles and more so your hotel will be our first visit to the US and the first hotel we will stay in after traveling from Cape town, South Africa,
The fact that you answered each and every review, good or bad, shows that we have made the right decision in choosing your hotel.

We are counting the days and please keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stevie J
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Stevie J,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review as well as your excitement about your visit to our hotel. I will ensure you will have a memorable time with us celebrating your wedding.

Please feel free to contact me anytime should you have further questions or wishes in the meantime. Have a safe trip to Beverly Hills!

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed her for 2 nights on the 24th and 25th December. We had requested one room to have a view of rodeo drive but on arrival William, who was very helpful and polite, upgraded us to a suite with an adjoing room.The rooms were 212 and 214 (think 214 was the suite). It had a lounge area and doors that opened into the courtyard which is in the middle of the hotel.
Remember the car entrance to the hotel and parking are round the back of the hotel and not on rodeo drive, ask the hotel for instructions.
Location cant be better, right in the middle of rodeo drive with rolex, michel kors and patek philipe on either side of the entrance.(see my photo) Gucci opposite and chanel a few yards away.Its an ideal location for exploring this area and also Beverley Hills.
There is a small casual dinning area at the front where you can sit and eat and watch the shoppers and people watch on rodeo drive. The food is fantastic and easily the best we had during our trip so be sure to eat at the hotel.
Now the room, beautifully decorated a mountain of pillows and the most comfortable bed ever.No tea or coffee maker in the room which was a shame. There is a tray of snacks and drinks in the room and included was a small box labelled intimacy kit, nice touch! The dressing gowns are the most comfortable ever, and not the normal sandpaper variety you get.
Parking has to be paid for like all LA hotels but getting your car was easy and quick. all the staff were very helpful and polite.
I did a lot of research trying to find a reasonable but good hotel in Beverley Hills and was very pleased to have chosen this hotel.Much better than a larger chain hotel.

Room Tip: Wouldn't bother with rodeo drive view room, try and get a suite.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Southendwesthamfan
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Southendwesthamfan,

It is a great pleasure to seeing how much effort and time you have taken to write this wonderful review and even included some photos. I am delighted to read how much you appreciate our individual and personalized guest service approach. Being privately owned we have the opportunity to be creative and intuitive and do the right moves to ensure our guests are happy.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions and please do not hesitate to contact me anytime for questions or wishes.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in nearly all hotels in the area this particular one is the very very best one. I can only recommend staying here to everyone. The staff is the best and friendliest I have seen. They genuinely care about you no matter who you talk to. The food in the beautiful front cafe is awesome and I had one of the best meals of my entire trip. One night I was asking the reception to get me something a bit unusual and they completely went out of their way to ensure I am fine. I have seen a few negative comments on this page and may say that my experience was absolutely different in a positive way. I don't know whether these guys stayed somewhere else because Luxe is amazing and I will be back many times.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Robert J
Dear Robertjones0801,

Thank you very much for your very wonderful review of our hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills. I am delighted to read how overwhelmingly incredible your impression of us was and I look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Feel free to contact me anytime should you have questions or wishes.

Mexico City, Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

we stayed here at the beginning of the year for two nights in two rooms, the hotel is in a good location but the floors between room are like paper and you can hear all the noises from above (not a cheap hotel either!!), especially bad as we had a family in the room above with kids!! Also the elevator is the slowest on record!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear DeclanSimmons,

Thank you very much for your very constructive feedback. I would like to make you aware that we have been working diligently on intense upgrades to the property recently which will surely eliminate your concerns.

Therefore, it would be my pleasure to welcoming you back to our hotel and hopefully you will have a more pleasant experience then.

Feel free to contact me personally anytime so that I can look after you upon your next visit. I look forward hearing from you.

Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at the luxe for three nights. We took a chance because we knew we wouldn't spend a lot of time at the hotel in la.

Upon arrival after a long flight I walked through a cafe which for some reason the luxe hotel thought appropriate to stack tables and chairs and a whole cafe at their front door. There was no one at the door to greet or direct me.

We found our way to the reception and received good service. Our room was on the top floor.

It was small as expected but the chlorine smell was fresh. At least it was clean. The air conditioner was good but noisy but it was okay we could still sleep.

However 8am we were awoken with thumping on the ceiling and the walls. Apparentally there are thin ceilings and walls because the thumping continued for over an hour.

We met our neighbor at the elevator. And got to know her very well as she informed me that the lift usually take 10-15mins and that we should just take the stairs. This turned out to be true as we spoke to our neigh our for at least 15 minutes. It was extremely problematic that there is only one lift for half the hotel.

I would recommend this place purely on its location lots of good shopping - but if you can afford to shop here you can probably afford to invest in better accommodation. Stay here only if you are spending 5-10% of your trip in The hotel.

The staff are nice but not exceptional. The beds were comfortable but the smell, small rooms and noisy air conditioning made it hard to get rest.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Ben T
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Benjamintrinh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to express your very constructive feedback about your recent experiences at our hotel.

I entirely understand your dissatisfaction and may mention that this is not the usual impression we leave with our guests. I would be delighted to personally discuss your concerns at your convenience and hopefully you will give us another opportunity to convince you of our product.

I very much look forward hearing from you and am wishing you a wonderful new year.

sevilla
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We had a great 4 days here - as everyone says, the location is fantastic - not just being able to walk up and down Rodeo drive but there are dozens of excellent restaurants within and easy 15 minutes. We had a car and I would definitely recommend the valet parking - on most days we went out and back a couple of times and it just takes the hassle out of the whole process.
All staff friendly and efficient - rooms are not huge but plenty big enough.
The beds were the most comfortable experienced in a long time.
What would we improve? Well - it is an older property that has been reburbished and it shows in one or two things, mostly equipment - like the very noisy heat/air system and limited bathroom ventilation - but these were by no means annoying, just saying.
We had two teenagers with us and all agreed we will be back - either as a family again or individually.

Room Tip: We were in the back block - 2nd floor, end of corridor - very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear mire r,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback about your very rounded experience at our hotel. It is our daily commitment to fulfill our guests' dreams and exceed their experiences. I am delighted to read that this was the case with you.

We are aware that the charme of an older property with some significant historic background also has its disadvantages, which we are constantly working on for improvement.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly anytime you wish to return to our hotel.