“Out of place complacency !”

Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Booked two rooms with view on Rodeo Drive for three nights.
This hotel was chosen mostly due to its location.
One of the rooms showed immediately evident problems with a/c.
The technician intervened with no result.
I raised the problem with the Front Desk and was offered a second room in which ventilation noise from the hotel kitchen was really unbearable.
At the front desk it looked like they were not willing to find a solution and I felt like I was annoying them and pretending too much !
No third proposal was given me by the Concierge: he looked hopeless !
A Doorman standing by the counter intervened and asked the Concierge which rooms were free and found us a smaller backyard room with great view on .......... the parking !
Hopefully this time ventilation was ok and there was no intruding noise.
The Technician and the Doorman apologized for the inconvenience.
The following morning, without complaining at all, I wanted to be assured that having been downgraded, I would pay a lower rate for that room.
After looking in her computer and papers the Lady at the Front Desk admitted, with an annoyed air, that I shall have a discount due to such occurrence, it looked so much as a gentle gesture from their part !
The Lady apologized only after I said that their air of complacency was really out of place.
Upon checking out, another lady at the Front desk, did not take the pain to ask how had been our stay in their hotel.
I asked if we could keep one room until 16:00 pm and I was answered that after 13:00 pm, I would have had to pay half day rate !
In many occasions other hotels willingly offered me this without any compensation.
After the not so great experience it would have been a normal commercial gesture.
Any hotel can have some technical problems,and it is always possible to try to find a convenient solution, but, I repeat, I felt like I was annoying them and pretending too much !
Having this in mind the only positive point in this hotel is its location, while rooms are on the smallish side.
Perhaps it has been my fault to choose this hotel, because in your reviews, already other clients complained about the service received !

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank srsgech
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear srsgech,

Thank you very much for the honest feedback about your recent experience at our hotel.

I am taking this occasion very seriously and would be delighted to discuss it with you in person.

Feel free to contact me directly at your convenience.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Awesome customer service. Great location and always has a reasonable rate if you're in town for the weekend. It also has valet in the back with easy access. Many restaurants and retailers within walking distance.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear gjbmx619,

Thank you very much for sharing this wonderful feedback you have written about our hotel. It is a pleasure reading about your excitement and I hope to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I always stay at the Luxe, the location is great and the staff is beyond good! The food is excellent, the atmosphere is Beverly Hills! Will always stay here for business or pleasure! Wonderful hotel smack bang in the middle of beautiful Rodeo Drive!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear bikes2kill4,

I am delighted to read about your wonderful comment and look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Recently spent four wonderful days at the Luxe and the local area. The service by the Luxe staff was outstanding. Both Marco and Jose did a great job in scheduling many of the activities we requested. We used the 360 package and it worked very well since our flight was 5 hours late. The limo was waiting when we arrived. It's a small excellent hotel with great service.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jacollins
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Dear Jacollins,

It is a pleasure reading about your wonderful feedback describing your experiences at our hotel. Marco and Jose are indeed two very impeccable members of staff. It surely is the team creating the memories towards our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions and please feel free to contact me anytime for questions.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel; its in the middle of Rodeo Drive - I have stayed several different times and have always had a great experience. Wonderful staff that are helpful and remembers you!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debip
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Debip,

Thank you very much for your kind feedback on this page. We are delighted to see how much you are enjoying our hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions and feel free to contact me anytime.

Reviewed October 17, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful hotel smack bang in the middle of beautiful Rodeo Drive! Elegant & comfortable rooms & friendly helpful staff make this the perfect spot to stay in Bev Hills! Loved strolling around the streets with amazing restaurants & shops at your doorstep! Villa Blanca was a highlight (2 min walk away) & Lisa Vanderpump turned up the same evening we were there for dinner so I was lucky enough to meet & chat with my favorite Real Housewife! (Only in Hollywood!!!) ... Vosges Chocolates is a MUST ... delicious! Loved the restaurant out front, sitting on Rodeo Drive footpath watching the rich & famous ... great food & friendly servers! Want to come back & will definitely stay here again! Really well priced for the location & accommodations & service! Thank you for a fantastic stay!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Jodi S,

Thank you very much for describing the scenery our hotel is located in between within the heart of Beverly Hills. It is indeed a very elegant area we are in which constantly drives our inspiration to deliver memorable guest experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

We just returned from our second trip to California and our second stay at the Luxe. I wrote a review the last time we stayed (about 1 1/2 years ago) and I'm happy to report that this stay was just as lovely as the first time.

The staff are so friendly and accommodating and the location is great, near everything yet just far enough away from the hustle and bustle to be relaxing with a nice, homey feel. The rooms are a bit small but the beds are really comfortable. We didn't eat any of our meals in the restaurant this time but we did have drinks in the bar and I'd like to give a special shout out to Carl our bartender, he was very attentive, friendly, and interesting to chat with. He is originally from Florida and gave us recommendations on places to visit the next time we're there.

I have recommended this hotel to many friends and will continue to do so. We hope to get back to the west coast soon and will definitely look forward to another stay at the Luxe.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank mohmahmom
Marcus M, General Manager at Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear mohmahmom,

It is a pleasure reading your wonderful comments about your recent return stay with us. We do have a lot of wonderful talented colleagues amongst our wonderful team and Carl is truly one of them.

We look forward to welcoming you back on many future occasions and please do not hesitate to contact me directly anytime.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills
#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
#6 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel? Share your experiences!