All reviewsrooftop pooldressing arearodeo drivedressing roomhouse carroom servicerooms are largeunderstated elegancevalet guyslos angelesstreet noisefour seasonsturn down serviceexceptional servicevalet servicefabulous hotelhollywood sign
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Stayed here a couple weeks ago while in LA for work. Initially, I was a bit skeptical, not that it wouldn't be a nice hotel, but it would be one of the nice hotels we stay in (I travel for work a lot) that's just boring. Instead, it's great! The staff were extremely friendly. My room was large but still comfortable. The mini bar, isn't so mini, but you do get two free bottles of L'Ermitage branded water, 2 Cokes and 2 Diet Cokes. The main room consists of a super comfy bed, a desk area, a seating area and door to the balcony. My room overlooked Burton Way. The bathroom is a bit of excess space. Upon entering the bathroom area, you first walk into dressing room with closet/drawers on one side and dressing table on the other. There are also two robes and his and her slippers. Then you walk in to Bathroom Room 1 which has a sink, and bathtub. Past that is Bathroom Room 2 with toilet and stand up shower (ADA accessible as well), plus two more larger and plusher robes. Each bathing areas comes with decent sized samples. If you're familiar with Kiehl's deluxe sample sizes, they are that big. Bathroom Room 1 also has a loofah sponge, bath salts and TWO MORE soap bars by the sink.

After checking in, I promptly left for the day. Upon arriving back that evening a dish of three little tarts with a welcome letter was awaiting me. I did not have room service though.

The gym is quite good for a hotel gym. I believe it's in the same area as the spa. There were two elliptical machines, two recumbent bikes and a couple treadmills. Each machine has its own TV with remote. The gym offers apples, more L'Ermitage branded (and chilled!) water and better yet two types of infused water - orange/strawberry and cucumber. The floor above is the pool area. I just walked up there and scoped it out.

Overall, I love the understated luxury. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 9, 2009

I am impressed with the attentiveness of all the employees, from the bell boy to the cleaning ladies. I can write 10 pages on all the positive aspects of this hotel !!! I have stayed in Park Hyatt , Ritz , Four seasons, Peninsula, Halekulani, Bayan tree, St. Regis and I am used to 5 stars treatments and the Raffles deserves every single diamonds of its rating.
After having a bad experience at The Phoenician, Scottsdale. This is how all 5 diamonds hotels should be.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank minaminou
Reviewed April 4, 2009

We had the opportunity to return to L'Ermitage for two non-consecutive days this month and I was truly impressed with how much more sensitve to guests the hotel has become. This hotel has always handled the rich and famous well but it has now mastered the art of dealing with the common folk as well. This is indeed a feat! One of the things I enjoy most about this entity is that it's physical design allows for a lot of comfortable interaction and you'd think you were the only one at the hotel except when one goes to the gym, the bar or if there are tons of private security guards in the lobby area. The hotel is very sensitive to guest requests so if you like a special pillow, make sure you fill out your questionaire in advance. The beds are fabulous. Unless you are a heavy sleeper avoid the Burton Way facing rooms. Yes, there is a better view but the traffic during the week on Burton Way starts early and will wake you up. This time we had a mountain view and even with local construction it was quiet and you could see the Hollywood sign. The concierge people (Christine and Fredo in particular) are amazing and are very much on target if you are really forthcoming about your needs. Sign up for the Fairmont program (L'Ermitage and Fairmont are partners) as you will get a nice welcome gift. What I appreciate most about this hotel was the personalized service. The courtesy car will take you locally but Rodeo Drive is such a short walk that its worth the exercise. The view from the rooftop pool at night is amazing. I don't know how they make any money on the restaurant as it was sincerely empty, particularly at lunch. I had not eaten anything but breakfast on our prior stay but I wish I had. One lunch, before transferring to another hotel, I ordered the soup of the day (cream of eggplant ) and the crabcakes. Well, I tolerate eggplant and am allergic to crab but did it anyway and the food was amazing. The soup was well balanced and the crab cakes were melt in your mouth with very little filler. My only complaint, well two actually, the first is that one of the valet staff gave me bad directions, the other is that I wasn't able to spend more time at this hotel. There is free wi-fi throughtout the extensive library/bar area as well as a free pc station if you don;t have a laptop in the lobby behind the concierge desk. Elevator access is by room key only.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank scholarzee
Reviewed January 9, 2009

Our experience was the exact opposite of keentraveler's.
From the moment we pulled up, we were treated to superb service, from the valets, bellstaff, front desk, and concierge.
Restaurant reservations were expertly handled -they even managed to swing a table at Lucques on New Year's Eve, although we passed on that for a better time at Ago.
We also received good service at the pool and gym, although it was from the same woman who shuttled back and forth. The tiny youyng woman moved heavy lounge chairs so we could be in what little sun remained at 4 p.m. on a winter evening. I will concede that the pool is small and if you want a good hotel pool in this area I would go to the Beverly Hilton.
Our room was spotless, and the qunaity and quality of the Aveda bath products was beyond what we have received at other Beverly Hills hotels. We had four robes-two terry for after the shower and two lighter robes to wear to the pool.
I thought the furnishings were of excellent taste and quality. My only complaint is with the fiddly semi-functional systems that controlled the lighting and the tv, they reminded me of something in Europe. The rooms with two queen beds are bigger and nicer than the king room (we had one of each type with our kids in the better room) and I would recommend you specify that type.
Room service coffee was excellent, but with kids in tow we went out for breakfast so I cannot comment on the full deal.
To give you an idea of the level of service, on learning we wanted dim sum, the valets recommended a great, inexpensive Chinese retaurant, tracked the address down on their smartphones, and went inside to get us Mapquest directions.
We had a red-eye flight home to NYC our last day and when we asked the hotel if they would store our bags, the gave us a 4 pm checkout, so we were able to have the rooms throughout our last day.
If you look online, discount rates for this hotel can be had and I think it represents a good value for a luxury hotel in this area.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Jazz_and_cocktails
Reviewed January 1, 2009

I have stayed at this hotel a few times in the past, and used to love it, however, each year, I feel that the hotel and the service deteoriates. Firstly, although the style is supposed to be "minimalist" I feel that the rooms are extremely average, and need a bit more furnishings and decor. Secondly, housekeeping is lazy and unattentive. I just felt that they were not into detail, and any housekeeping service needs to be into details. I also left some items in my room last year, and they were never found or returned. The most disappointing thing about the hotel is the rooftop "pool" and fitness center. There is no attendant at the "pool" and the whole area is old and needs a re-do. The fitness center generally has no attendent, either, and is extremely average and unexceptional. Although the bar is a nice and hip place to hangout, the hotel is really not very five-star anymore! The service, in general, is a bit careless and unattentive.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank keentraveler30