“one of the best I have experienced”

Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
memphis
“one of the best I have experienced”
Reviewed November 3, 2008

This is a fabulous hotel. From the moment you arrive, you are treated like royalty. Without exception, the staff went out of their way to do all possible to provide a flawless experience. Some of the things I really liked, were that access to the internet, soft drinks and water, as well as a car and driver for your transportation within a three mile radius, were included in the room price.I find it irritating to pay a high price for a hotel room and then be nickled and dimed for any extras. Oh, they also had Aveda products in the huge bathroom, lots of great towels, and water pressure I wish I had at home. The room was spotless. It had a comfortable king bed and excellent linens.
We enjoyed a delicious room service breakfast and on our last day, the management sent up a chilled bottle of french champagne and a bowl of strawberries for my birthday. That definitely put the exclaimation mark on my royal experience at Raffles.

• Liked — the service
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Moscow
Reviewed June 12, 2008

We have stayed at the Raffles L'Ermitage Beverly Hills just one night after 13 hours flight from Moscow before next day flight to Las Vegas. We were pretty tired but really impressed by the hotel: open style magnificent lobby, a lot of fresh flowers, spacious and bright. The check-in was fast and easy, there are several receptionist and it tooks maximum 3 minutes. Bellmen escorted us to our rooms, explained all about rooms and hotel amenities, brought some ice. We were surprised about free soft drinks at the minibar (upper level in fridge - coke, coke-light, sprite etc). We were flat-out for dinner and odered room service - also fast and exellent quality. Just tea was not too hot as I like, but it was a hot day. We have two rooms: both big and newly decorated: light wood, own powder room, spacious bathroom with separate tub and shower. Next morning we had breakfast at the JAAN - very nice surroundings. Swiming pool on the roof level not very big but very nice, too. Room on my opinion was the best (I compare with Four Seasons Bevery Whilshire). It's worth to stay there longer.

• Liked — The room quality
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
1 Thank LenaSleptsova
New York
Reviewed May 28, 2008

Raffles L'Ermitage Hotel is by far one of the best hotels that I have ever stayed in! I was in Los Angeles with my husband to celebrate a special occassion and had booked a stay at Raffles L'Ermitage! From the momemt, we were greeted at the driveway to the front desk to our room, we felt as if we were at home. L'Ermitage is a true gem! It is quiet and private, a serene respite from the everyday hectic pace! The staff greet you by name and you feel as if you are the only guest! They treat you as a VIP! The rooms are spacious and well kept - with a bathroom almost as big as the room! The rooftop pool has an amazing view and on a clear warm stay you can see the Getty, the Hollywood Sign and even Griffith Park! Raffles L'Ermitage is most defintely the hotel to stay at whether on business or pleasure when in Los Angeles!!

• Liked — The Service
  • Disliked — Absolutely noting!
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
palm springs
Reviewed May 23, 2008

I made the reservation for a special occation. During our stay the valet was the only 5 stare experiance. Check in was equivlent to a motel 6. They had someone elses credit card in thier machine and almost billed that card for our stay. The room was clean and service was ok. The problem happened two days after our stay. We noticed that the hotel charged not only my expences but that of someone else. The charges exceeded 1500.00 causing all kinds of problems with my bank. The hotel fixed the problem, three days after our stay. It was fixed during a conferance call between the hotel, my bank and myself. During that call I learned their was a third charge to my account. The hole event was cleared up but it took a lot of wasted time. They may be 5 star while your there but thier motel 6 when you leave.

Stayed May 2008
Chicago
Reviewed March 31, 2008

I love everything about this hotel. The rooms are spacious, well appointed, and clean. The bathrooms are HUGE with jacuzzi bathtubs and separate shower stall. Beds are incredibly comfortable. WiFi/Internet access if free, which is a huge plus to a business traveler like myself. Friendly and helpful staff. Great bar and ok restaurant. Conveniently located to BH and West Hollywood both of which are full of great restaurants and bars. Sometimes hard to get a reservation, but I stay here everytime I'm in LA if I can. Love it!

• Liked — Everything!
  • Disliked — Sometimes hard to get a reservation.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
Kent, UK
Reviewed October 19, 2007

Check your bills before you leave. The length of calls I had made did not reflect on the amount charged. They doubled and sometimes tripled the amount. Raffles moto should be, "when caught, deny first, make up a story, say you will call back and NEVER call."
When I raised the issue, they tried to lie about it and then eventually repaid monies back. Worst of all, my credit card had been charged at least 8000 dollars in small amounts in the time I was there. At the end of my stay, totally unaware, I paid, again, my bill for my 10 days stay only to realise after my arrival home that 8000 extra dollars had been debited from my account.. When I called about it, again Raffles tried to lie, suggested I had booked another room (I was on my own on business) Raffles then denied taking these monies out. In the hands of my lawyer. I will never stay there again, because I don't like fraudsters or bad accounting staff. Nice hotel, but definitely not worth the hassle. There are equal, if not better hotels around.

• Liked — Room spacious
  • Disliked — No atmosphere
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
9 Thank Camron5
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2007

With so many obvious choices in Beverley Hills - this may fall off the radar for many travellers. If you are looking to 'be on show', this maybe not the option for you.

However, if you want a well run, perfectly maintained hotel, this is a good as you get. The decor is minimalist classic and has not been updated much since the hotel originally opened. It is not stunning, or memorable, but well thought out. The exceptional aspect of the hotel is how well it is maintained and is spotless.

There is a lovely room terrace and pool. The gym is good, with a nice view of the Hollywood Hills. There is a small spa, which looks nice, but I did not have a treatment. The lounge is good for business meetings, but not if you are looking for a 'hot' nightspot.

Staff are very attentive and well trained.

With 'hip' hotels coming and going - this timeless classic will remain because they get the basics right. Great maintenence and service.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — Bar
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
2 Thank Globaladventure
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
West Hollywood
The LondonWeho at BeverlyHills
The LondonWeho at BeverlyHills
#2 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!