“Very nice place”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Ladera Ranch, California
“Very nice place”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

Stayed two nights for a short vacation away from the kids.

The staff at this hotel could not be any nicer. Super attentive and very courteous. Check-in and out was fast, bell staff great, valet great and fast.

Location was very nice. Was able to stroll about 1/2 mile to a few different restaurants I wanted to check out.

Took advantage of an offer on their site to get an upgrade to the Beverly Suite. The room was absolutely huge. Only downside was the lighting system in the room which we could never actually figure out. Too complicated for a hotel you are staying in temporarily. Would prefer just regular switches to go on and off!

Room Tip: Had room 704. Two nice little balconies with a great view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paul R
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear PERydell,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay here at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. My apologies with regards to the difficulty you experienced with our lighting system. I will be sure to pass this feedback on to our Executive Management team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit!

L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed in Suite 705 at L'Ermitage from 27th December 2013 to 5th January 2014, and our children had the room next door. We had stayed for almost the same period two years previously. I have stayed in several hotels in LA but only this one in Beverly Hills. It is a truly beautiful hotel. Only a short walk from Rodeo Drive and all the shops and boutiques, but secluded and tranquil. The public areas are exceptionally clean and bright, and the front desk staff and particularly the car valets are helpful and very attentive. Compared to other local, perhaps more famous, hotels, l'Ermitage has larger rooms. It's also on a wide street, far enough away from the shops to avoid lots of traffic noise.
Housekeeping is good: everything kept very clean, and excellent turndown service as well. The rooms are bright with a small balcony, and we had two bathrooms again which was very useful.
Now the downsides.
The bed was sooo uncomfortable. Really hard, and I don't think we had a really good night's sleep between us throughout the stay. In fact the day before we left I woke up with a sore back, and when I got home to London, ended up being treated for a trapped nerve and the pain that went with that for three weeks. We were told that the hotel is starting a huge refurbishment soon. New, more comfortable beds are a MUST, but I would be really sad to see all the lovely wood fittings disappear which give the room so much character.
Our room was at the rear, facing the Hollywood sign which is clearly visible. Unfortunately there is a USPS depot close behind the building, and an access road. We were woken every morning to the sound of high pitched beeping as lorries reversed in and out at around 6am. Also trucks pulling up outside to make deliveries during the day. There is also another large, low-rise building which I could only see from above, which has what I assume to be an air conditioning fan on the roof. Every 45 seconds it spins for 10 seconds with a great noise. Once you've noticed it, you hear it every time it goes off.
Don't get me wrong. I absolutely love the hotel, and am looking forward to seeing it again when it has been re-fitted because it is the only place I would want to stay in Beverly Hills. The main problem comes from the noise outside: a bad bed can be fixed, but the disturbance can't.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank SarahCahill
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear SarahCahill,

Thank you for your commentary regarding your stay at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. I am delighted that you were happy with many elements of your stay here at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Please rest assured that your comments regarding the physical aspects about our rooms and property, is something that we are addressing.
I would be grateful if you could contact me directly the next time you are visiting. It would be my pleasure to take personal care of your arrangements.

On behalf of all of us at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills, we look forward to welcoming you back!

Kind regards,

London, Ontario
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This is our second stay at L'Ermitage and won't be our last. I found the service to be fantastic, friendly and attentive. The accommodations were quiet, comfortable and luxurious but not over the top. Walking distance to Rodeo drive.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear benwack,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are delighted that you had a great experience and enjoy our hotel. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff. We pride ourselves on the service we provide and I will be sure to share your sentiments with the whole team here at L’Ermitage.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed at this hotel a few years ago for a friends birthday party. The rooms are amazing, very spacious, clean and ambient. Actually, the hotel itself is very ambient.

If you are coming to LA for the first time and you want to experience the 'LA Lifestyle' I recommend staying here. It is a very exclusive hotel with limited entry for only invited guests. They have valet so no need to worry about finding parking which is very convenient in this area.

The location really is perfect if you want to spend the night on Sunset Blvd or in Beverly Hills, very quick Uber ride.

1 Thank Julia K
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Julia K ,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to write this great review of L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so pleased that you decided to stay with us during your visit to Beverly Hills. Thank you for your complimentary words, with regards to our rooms and prime location.

We look forward to welcoming you back to L’Ermitage Beverly Hills!

New York City, New York
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I used to stay at the L'Ermitage shortly after it opened. The hotel is beautiful, and just outside Beverly Hills proper, around the corner from the Fourt Seasons. The hotel was well built originally, and has aged nicely, so it has not needed (or received) much updating. I made the reservation through Amex Fine Hotels, and got a fantastic upgrade to a suite. However, the main showerhead was broken in both bathrooms, so had to use the hand held. Also, light switches were not all working properly, and some outlets were broken. This is really a five star hotel that needs a little TLC to get back to its former glory, but still a very nice place to stay. Service is attentive, and you are treated like a special guest. A recommended place to stay at a less than five star price..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey M
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Jeffrey M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am pleased that you were happy with many elements of your stay here at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Please rest assured that your comments regarding the physical aspects of our rooms and property, is something that we are addressing.

It would be my pleasure to take personal care of your arrangements.

Warm regards,

chicago
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Of all the top flight hotels in Beverly Hills, this is the least. Mind you, they are all top flight. It is just that the others- the Montage, the Beverly Hills, the Beverly Wilshire, even the Bel Air (not technically in Beverly Hills) outshine it. We were in a large suite. Size wise- very good. But, it was very spartan. Almost no decoration. Also, the main shower did not work. We had to use the handheld. The room had a fancy lighting system that was very annoying to use. The bed sits low on the floor. I have back issues and it was a literal pain getting in and out. I guess the goal is a Japanese/Asian vibe. The pillows are touted as allergen free. I just found them uncomfortable. Also, the hotel is on a noisy busy street which became apparent in the mornings. On the updside, we had a coat closet, a very large living room, a kitchen with a full size frig, 2 bathrooms including one with a separate toilet room, a dressing room and a large bedroom. There were many additional towels. We had two small balconies with pretty views off Burton. The service was very competent. We arrived late in the evening and were escorted directly from the car to the room- a nice touch. The workout facility was small but competent. The treadmills were up to speed so to speak. On the downside, the hotel was dead. Really dead. There is no vibe here. No hustle and bustle. Probably a great hotel for an affair. There is no boutique, or gift shop. The restaurant is basically a bar, with almost no lighting. It was depressing to eat breakfast and dinner there. We had a dinner on a Monday. The menu was almost non-existent. They explained that it was because we were eating there on a Monday. For an alleged 5 star hotel that was totally unacceptable. They have a small outside eating area, but it is in a wind corridor. The rooftop pool was a disappointment. It was very small and on one side there was a large concrete wall. If you walked around the rook away from the pool where they hold private events, it was very pretty. The Montage rooftop pool area blows it away. The hotel is located away from the main shopping area so you need to like walking or take their courtesy shuttle. If being close to shopping counts, then stay at the Montage or the Beverly Wilshire. If you want luxury, to see the stars, a great pool, or your own villa, take a bungalow at the Beverly Hills hotel. If you want ultra modern, then take a Canyon view suite at the Bel Air. There are many better choices than here. However, from an economic standpoint, the room was about a $1000 per night, which is about the same as a suite looking down Rodeo drive at the Beverly Wilshire, but substantially less than a comparably sized bungalow at the Beverly Hils or a 14 corner suite at the Montage.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have pretty views off the balcony but traffic noise is loud
2 Thank cbreezedad
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear cbreezedad,

Thank you for your detailed commentary regarding your recent stay at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. While it is disappointing to learn that many aspects of your stay were unfavorable, I am appreciative to receive this information.

Please accept my apologies for the events you experienced during your stay with us. The issues regarding the shower and lighting system not functioning properly, along with disappointing meals are completely unacceptable and not reflective of the high standards we set for ourselves. I do hope you see these unfortunate occurrences as a rare exceptions to the service we offer at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly the next time you are visiting. Please allow us to take personal care of your arrangements.

Kind regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I find that it's only the great hotels that can seem to consistently refer to me by my name, throughout the entire property. From valet, to front desk, to the bar, to the pool the next day, I was referenced by name and served with great care. I had a fantastic experience, all around.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Will J,

Thank you for sharing your experience at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on the service we provide and I will be sure to share your glowing review with the whole team here at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#3 of 19 in West Hollywood
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!