“Great value for a 5-star hotel in Beverly Hills.”

Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I really enjoyed staying at L'Ermitage. Super location - you can walk into Beverly Hills - and I did that since their complimentary limo was booked. Very private - is did speak to someone famous that told me she wouldn't stay anywhere else. Very private - the staff can't reveal who stays there or any info about the guests. The rooms are a little dated but are currently under renovation. It should be completed by the Fall. If you have a car you may want to do what I did - park in the municipal lot ($20 max daily fee) just a block away from the hotel. Otherwise they charge $38 a day I think for parking - plus your tips - I saved a bunch self-parking at the garage in back of the hotel. Only a 2-minute walk. I also enjoyed the exercise room and the pool area, although it was a bit cold to swim. They were not special for a 5-star establishment. The food was outstanding - best breakfasts I ever had!! Didn't eat other meals here, but I'm sure they are as good as the breakfasts. I didn't give it an excellent, but after the renovation I would bet my review will improve.

Room Tip: I have heard the lower floor rooms facing Burton Way have more noise - but it's really a quiet s...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank knightline
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear knightline,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so pleased that you decided to stay at our hotel during your visit to Beverly Hills. Thank you for your lovely sentiments regarding our signature restaurant LIVELLO. I will be sure to relay them to our Chef Mirko who prides himself on his fantastic menu.

Regarding our upcoming renovation, we plan to have it completed by this time next year.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

L' Ermitage would have to be my worst hotel experience of the past decade. Two adjacent rooms were reserved, one was not ready to check-in until after 6pm. Then, the room wasn't adjacent, so we had to move to another floor. The can light above the tub, was hanging out of the ceiling, and the TV was not working properly. The amenities that were outlined at check-in were not credited on the bill at check-out, and the management and staff can't even get on the same page as to what are the amenities.

The food was marginal at best, and very over-priced.

The location is convenient, and the valet staff were nice. Though, at Check-in I was told valet service would be complementary since I was not using the airport transfer service, then they charged $35. Just one of several billing problems.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Fred N
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear Fred N,

Thank you for your commentary regarding your recent stay at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. While it is disappointing to learn that many aspects of your stay were unfavorable, I am appreciative to receive this information as this is the only way we are able to truly improve.

Please accept my apologies for the events that occurred during your stay with us. The issues regarding the billing and room technology not functioning properly, along with disappointing meals are completely unacceptable and not reflective of the high standards we set for ourselves. I do hope you see these unfortunate occurrences as a rare exceptions to the service we offer at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I do hope that you will give us another chance to restore your trust in L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. If you would consider this, please contact me directly so I can personally oversee your arrangements.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 12, 2014

It's been a long time since I have stayed in hotel that did all of the little extra things that make a stay so wonderful. It can be a little nerve wracking staying somewhere nice with a two year old but the entire staff couldn't have been nicer. Each time we went to the lobby they greeted my son by name with lots of waves and high fives. Each night at turn down room service arranged his toys in a cute and playful way that he loved. We appreciated the car service and fantastic dinner recommendations from the guys at the bell stand. Phillip at the front desk was especially lovely to my family for our entire stay.
The room and bathroom were both very neat and spacious.
Overall, it was one of the best hotel stays I have had in a long time. Thank you!

1  Thank Clara1973
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Clara1973,

I am so pleased that you decided to stay at our hotel during your visit to Beverly Hills. Thank you for the kind words about our staff and the service we provide here at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills, I will be sure to pass on your sentiments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

First of all, my apologies to L'Ermitage for never reviewing it. This little slice of Bev Hills Paradise has been a go-to of mine for years. Yes, many reviews say it seems dated and many reviewers have such high expectations after the many glowing reports that they are less than pleased. but take it from me, as I sit in another property in LA writing this, L'Ermitage offers the business and luxury traveler the kind of attention that is rarely found anywhere else. The rooms are not over the top frou frou but who really needs that? Every thing that is to found in those rooms is top notch. Spare in appearance, Asian in feel, there is room and more to store everything and never feel the stress that comes with travel mess. Even after camping out with colleagues for days of all-night conference calls. You are always greeted by name at the door, the bartender remembers your drink (and the details of your love life) and the concierge can get you in the hottest, most sought-after joints. THIS is what business travel is supposed to be. Even in the crazed atmosphere of the Academy Awards, with hysterical stars and their exhausted lackeys darting in and out, L'Erm is always an oasis of professional tranquility.

Room Tip: Back is quiet. And while you may see the back of the business behind the hotel, the tiny slice of mo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MadameO

Dear MadameO,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

We are honored to be considered a "go-to" hotel for you and so pleased that you continue to have wonderful experiences at our hotel. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff. I will be sure to share your review with the whole team here at L’Ermitage.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We just spent the weekend at L'Ermitage. The rooms are very large and clean with many conveniences however, the carpets were a bit worn and stained in certain areas. The wrapped glasses with plastic at turn down service seemed very odd to me. Not befitting a 5 star hotel. The location is within walking distance to Rodeo Drive and a quick taxi ride to N. Robertson or the Beverly Center. The restaurant staff at breakfast was a bit off as the few questions I asked were not very well responded to. The concierge Sean was excellent and extremely helpful both before our arrival and during our stay. As was the front desk gentleman at check out. I would go back but I would request a room not overlooking the front as it was a bit noisy in the morning.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Hanoer
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear Hanoer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

I am pleased that you were happy with so many elements of our room design. As well as, the excellent service that you received from a member of our Concierge team.

Please rest assured that your comments regarding the physical aspects of our rooms and property, is something that we are addressing.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly the next time you are visiting.

It would be my pleasure to take personal care of your arrangements.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were extremely excited to stay at this property after reading such wonderful reviews on this site and others, but unfortunately, we were very disappointed. Upon check in, the staff was pleasant as was bell services. We were escorted to our room, which seemed fine upon initially entering.

However, as is customary during this day and age, I always pull back the sheets to check the beds and was taken aback at what I saw. I can't say for certain what all of it was, but I called down and asked to be moved. A Manager and Housekeeping Manager came to the room immediately and graciously moved us to another room. Upon arriving in this second room, the Manager and Housekeeper pulled back a corner of the sheets to check for themselves and I pointed out some issues, to which the Manager indicated that it was nothing.

In addition, we found towels with stains on them in the bathroom.

After they had left, I checked the beds more thoroughly and was just not comfortable staying with what I was seeing.

The Management was very understanding, agreeing to waive any penalty for leaving and even offered to help us find alternate accommodations, which was nice, but we did not need the assistance. They also offered to share the inspection report of the original room, however, I was never actually provided that information.

They did explain that they will be undergoing a major renovation next year including all new bedding. I do hope that housekeeping will improve with that renovation as well.

3  Thank deemc99
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear deemc99,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for supplying us with your feedback, without this we are unable to truly gauge our product and customer service.

I sincerely apologize for the events that occurred during your short time with us. I have reviewed these issues with management and our colleagues.

Regarding the physical aspect of the property, we plan on completing our renovation this time next year. I do hope you see these unfortunate occurrences as a rare exceptions to the service we offer at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will take personal care of your arrangements.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Overall, the rooms were a pleasure, the staff was bright and happy, the valet service was wonderful we were always greeted by our last names. Having a huge closet with a big mirror was a bonus! The room service and restaurant food were absolutely delish! I loved everything. Pricey, but worth it. The front desk and concierge were very welcoming and professional towards us. We were very happy with our stay and will be coming back very soon.

2  Thank AndreaLala

Dear AndreaLala,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are delighted that you had a great experience and enjoy our hotel. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff. We pride ourselves on the service we provide and I will be sure to share your sentiments with the whole team here at L’Ermitage.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Warmest regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#11 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!