“Wonderful stop over in Beverly Hills”

Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful stop over in Beverly Hills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

It's been a long time since I have stayed in hotel that did all of the little extra things that make a stay so wonderful. It can be a little nerve wracking staying somewhere nice with a two year old but the entire staff couldn't have been nicer. Each time we went to the lobby they greeted my son by name with lots of waves and high fives. Each night at turn down room service arranged his toys in a cute and playful way that he loved. We appreciated the car service and fantastic dinner recommendations from the guys at the bell stand. Phillip at the front desk was especially lovely to my family for our entire stay.
The room and bathroom were both very neat and spacious.
Overall, it was one of the best hotel stays I have had in a long time. Thank you!

1 Thank Clara1973
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Clara1973,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so pleased that you decided to stay at our hotel during your visit to Beverly Hills. Thank you for the kind words about our staff and the service we provide here at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills, I will be sure to pass on your sentiments.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
New York New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

First of all, my apologies to L'Ermitage for never reviewing it. This little slice of Bev Hills Paradise has been a go-to of mine for years. Yes, many reviews say it seems dated and many reviewers have such high expectations after the many glowing reports that they are less than pleased. but take it from me, as I sit in another property in LA writing this, L'Ermitage offers the business and luxury traveler the kind of attention that is rarely found anywhere else. The rooms are not over the top frou frou but who really needs that? Every thing that is to found in those rooms is top notch. Spare in appearance, Asian in feel, there is room and more to store everything and never feel the stress that comes with travel mess. Even after camping out with colleagues for days of all-night conference calls. You are always greeted by name at the door, the bartender remembers your drink (and the details of your love life) and the concierge can get you in the hottest, most sought-after joints. THIS is what business travel is supposed to be. Even in the crazed atmosphere of the Academy Awards, with hysterical stars and their exhausted lackeys darting in and out, L'Erm is always an oasis of professional tranquility.

Room Tip: Back is quiet. And while you may see the back of the business behind the hotel, the tiny slice of mo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank MadameO
Dear MadameO,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

We are honored to be considered a "go-to" hotel for you and so pleased that you continue to have wonderful experiences at our hotel. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff. I will be sure to share your review with the whole team here at L’Ermitage.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Warmest regards,
Montreal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We just spent the weekend at L'Ermitage. The rooms are very large and clean with many conveniences however, the carpets were a bit worn and stained in certain areas. The wrapped glasses with plastic at turn down service seemed very odd to me. Not befitting a 5 star hotel. The location is within walking distance to Rodeo Drive and a quick taxi ride to N. Robertson or the Beverly Center. The restaurant staff at breakfast was a bit off as the few questions I asked were not very well responded to. The concierge Sean was excellent and extremely helpful both before our arrival and during our stay. As was the front desk gentleman at check out. I would go back but I would request a room not overlooking the front as it was a bit noisy in the morning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Hanoer
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Hanoer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

I am pleased that you were happy with so many elements of our room design. As well as, the excellent service that you received from a member of our Concierge team.

Please rest assured that your comments regarding the physical aspects of our rooms and property, is something that we are addressing.

I would be grateful if you could contact me directly the next time you are visiting.

It would be my pleasure to take personal care of your arrangements.

Warm regards,

NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were extremely excited to stay at this property after reading such wonderful reviews on this site and others, but unfortunately, we were very disappointed. Upon check in, the staff was pleasant as was bell services. We were escorted to our room, which seemed fine upon initially entering.

However, as is customary during this day and age, I always pull back the sheets to check the beds and was taken aback at what I saw. I can't say for certain what all of it was, but I called down and asked to be moved. A Manager and Housekeeping Manager came to the room immediately and graciously moved us to another room. Upon arriving in this second room, the Manager and Housekeeper pulled back a corner of the sheets to check for themselves and I pointed out some issues, to which the Manager indicated that it was nothing.

In addition, we found towels with stains on them in the bathroom.

After they had left, I checked the beds more thoroughly and was just not comfortable staying with what I was seeing.

The Management was very understanding, agreeing to waive any penalty for leaving and even offered to help us find alternate accommodations, which was nice, but we did not need the assistance. They also offered to share the inspection report of the original room, however, I was never actually provided that information.

They did explain that they will be undergoing a major renovation next year including all new bedding. I do hope that housekeeping will improve with that renovation as well.

3 Thank deemc99
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear deemc99,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for supplying us with your feedback, without this we are unable to truly gauge our product and customer service.

I sincerely apologize for the events that occurred during your short time with us. I have reviewed these issues with management and our colleagues.

Regarding the physical aspect of the property, we plan on completing our renovation this time next year. I do hope you see these unfortunate occurrences as a rare exceptions to the service we offer at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly and I will take personal care of your arrangements.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Overall, the rooms were a pleasure, the staff was bright and happy, the valet service was wonderful we were always greeted by our last names. Having a huge closet with a big mirror was a bonus! The room service and restaurant food were absolutely delish! I loved everything. Pricey, but worth it. The front desk and concierge were very welcoming and professional towards us. We were very happy with our stay and will be coming back very soon.

2 Thank AndreaLala
Dear AndreaLala,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

We are delighted that you had a great experience and enjoy our hotel. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff. We pride ourselves on the service we provide and I will be sure to share your sentiments with the whole team here at L’Ermitage.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly the next time you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Warmest regards,

Portland, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

We had high expectations after reading reviews on Tripadvisor. The rooms were fine but needed updating. Carpets were stained and things looked worn. One sink in the bathroom is inconvenient. The service was by far a greater problem. It started when I called to check on check in time and when I arrived the room wasn't ready. There were many other issues that by themselves could be overlooked but together made for an unpleasant stay. Asked four times for foam pillows and continually got fiberfill. Asked for tea service and instead of a daily set up we continually had to ask. Requested blankets instead of down comforter and they forgot. One evening the staff kept arriving and opening and closing the room next door along with loud voices which prevented sleeping. On and on! I suggest that if you are looking for a five star hotel this is not the place!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Furnman10
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Furnman10,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Please accept my apologies regarding your experiences here at our hotel. I am truly sorry that your experience here did not meet your expectations.

We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Salvatore Galati
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

I've stayed in half a dozen hotels on Sunset Strip, a couple in Beverly Hills and some further west in Westwood and Santa Monica, but this was my first stay at L'Ermitage. Three words sum up this hotel: quiet, space and service. This isn't party-central; there's no 'scene' like the Four Seasons or Chateau Marmont, no buzz like a W but unless that's what you crave it's all the better for it. It's a relatively small hotel but it provides all the services you need. Service is quick and friendly (importantly, this includes the valet service!). The rooms are huge - if a little spartan in their zen-like minimalism. If I'm picky I'd point out that as a relatively low building most rooms don't offer great views. But they're at their best when low-lighting welcomes you back to your place to sleep - which is surely when a hotel room should be at its best! The gym and and roof-top pool are nice (if not quite as spectacular as the roof-tops of The London, Andaz, Mondrian etc), the bar is comfortable and the terrace is a great spot for breakfast (though sitting next to the water-feature may mean you have to raise your voice to converse with companions!). The hotel itself is in a great spot - minutes to the middle of Beverly Hills (you could walk if you felt like it...), easy drive to Century City, Hollywood - very central location. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: All the rooms are large. Rooms at the front of the hotel (obviously) overlook the front entrance on...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Alex F
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear Alex F,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so pleased that you decided to stay at our hotel during your visit to Beverly Hills. Thank you for the kind words about the quiet, the space and the service we provide at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills, I will be sure to pass on your sentiments.

We look forward to your return and welcoming you back on your visit to L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Salvatore Galati
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The London West Hollywood
The London West Hollywood
#3 of 18 in West Hollywood
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,603 reviews

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!