“Delightful, full service, euro-sized, discreet” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
washington dc
“Delightful, full service, euro-sized, discreet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

What a delightful hotel. Full service five star, excellent staff with professional service -- what I would term more european style. Relatively modest size. Lovely bar and restaurant but properly proportioned to the hotel -- this is a hotel for its guests, unlike many hotels in this area that cater to events for the business, or double as a go-go destination for locals (think four seasons on doheny). I think this is a superb choice for couples wanting a five star, tranquil space in the city or business travelers looking to actually focus on their business. Would definitely return. Great staff and wonderful welcome and hospitality from Petra at the front desk.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joseph F
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Washdctrav7,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so pleased that your stay here at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills was the full five star experience! Thank you for your lovely sentiments about staff, I will be sure to pass on these sentiments to all.

We look forward to your return and welcoming you back on your next visit to L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Our stay was flawless, upon arrival the bellmen took care of our luggage. Then we were escorted by Glenn directly to our room, which was beautifully decorated and very large. When we had questions, Petra, Christine (concierge) and Andre (night manager) were very helpful, and they set up a taxi and wake up call for us in the morning to go to the airport. At the restaurant, Joe took good care of us and I must say that the Black Cod on the menu is delicious! I would also recommend the brussel sprouts. Overall, staff is very friendly. If one day we come back to Los Angeles we will stay at L'Ermitage for sure!

Room Tip: I would recommend rooms facing the hills for people very sensitive to noise.
Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Boo D
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Boo D,

Thank you so much for taking the time in writing this fantastic great about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so pleased that your stay here at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills was a flawless experience. Thank you for your lovely sentiments about Glenn, Petra, Christine and Andre, I will be sure to pass on these sentiments to all.

We look forward to your return and welcoming you back to your new home away from home in Beverly Hills.

Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This is my third or fourth stay with L'Ermitage over the last 10 years, always as a result of business in LA/Beverly Hills. Always exceptional service, attention to detail and personnel that really go out of their way to assist and ensure your stay is uncomplicated and enjoyable. While this trip I was unable to spend the time on its many amenities, the pool and spa are very relaxing and quiet, just what you need to rejuvenate after long flights, busy days and LA traffic. I highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Daniel K
Dear Daniel K,

Thank you so much for taking the time in writing this great review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for being a loyal guest of L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. Thank you for your lovely sentiments about our hotel and staff here at L’Ermitage. I will be sure to pass on these sentiments.

Piedmont, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

L’Ermitage, a Viceroy Hotel is centrally located in the heart of Beverly Hills on the beautiful tree-lined, Burton Drive — Best described as Intimate Luxury with Exceptional Service. It was exactly the same as I had experienced upon my first stay and again this time. You can always rest assure that your experience will be the same. I never feel the need to rent a car as cabs and Uber Service are always prompt. I actually love walking to the shops and restaurants. Everything I need is so convenient. And I love the exercise and saying hello to everyone I pass by.

L’Ermitage is one of my favorite hotels in LA. The service impeccable, the design – clean lines – and the entire experience can be described in two words, understated elegance.

Ideally located just a few blocks from Rodeo Drive to the left and Robertson Blvd to the right.

L’Ermitage is a full-service hotel that lives like an intimate boutique hotel but with all of the services and more of a larger hotel similar to my other favorite, the FS Beverly Wilshire. Amenities include a spa, steam room, roof top pool, restaurant, lobby bar and gym. I am moved to repeat myself by saying, the attentive service provided by each and every person in the hotel was truly stellar!

Thank you to all: the welcoming committee, room service, the lounge, the bar staff, the housekeepers, spa attendants, front desk, general manager and manager of guest relations.

My dream is to live in the hotel. What else does one need?

Room Tip: I love a room that faces Burton.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Debbidimaggio,

Thank you so much for taking the time in writing this fantastic review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

We were so please to welcome you back to one of your favorite hotels here in Los Angeles. Thank you once again for your lovely sentiments about our hotel and staff here at L’Ermitage. I will be sure to pass on these sentiments.

Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Location is alittle removed from the Rodeo Drive area itself - is on a quiet a street. Small boutique hotel - where the staff is friendly, caring and so incredibly gracious. My husband and I stayed for four nights. We hated to leave. The food for breakfast was wonderful and we loved that the hotel was small and warm. Concierge recommended a restaurant on our last night and it was terrific. When we return to LA this will be our home away from home. Thank you to the staff on every front - you were superb!

Room Tip: ask to stay on the backside of the hotel - couldn't have been more quiet!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank paige1
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Paige1,

I am so delighted to hear that you and your husband had a wonderful experience here at L’Ermitage. I will be sure to pass on your lovely sentiments to all of our staff.

London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was our sixth stay and as always is a little bit of heaven. Very convenient location but very calm surroundings. Rooms are spacious, comfortable and quiet. Staff appear happy and genuinely care. The greeting that you get from the front of staff on getting back to the hotel is second to none. Restaurant excellent for breakfast and nice ambience in the bar for cocktails. Really like the swimming pool area - the views are spectacular.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear LJK198,

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for being a loyal guest of L’Ermitage. I am so delighted to hear that you experienced another enjoyable and peaceful stay with us.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Am a very particular business traveler and I never stayed here before choosing other similar hotels in the greater LA area. Needless to say, I was very impressed by the high degree of service, attention to detail and the general vibe of this hotel.

First, the service is simply at another level. Everyone is helpful and friendly. For example, I ordered room service and wanted a very light meal, they allowed me to order off the lunch menu well past the time and delivered it to my room in less than twenty minutes.

Second, it's peaceful and for me very quiet. I was on floor eight. Did not hear anything. The vibe is very relaxed, very casual but with an elegant flair.

Read some reviews that commented negatively on the room conditions. Not my experience. The room was large, clean and very bright. Some folks might have an issue with the bed being so low to the ground, but I was fine with it.

Will return. They really do a wonderful job.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BTrun78
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear BTrun78,

I am so delighted that you had a flawless experience and enjoyed the peace and quiet of L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The London West Hollywood
The London West Hollywood
#3 of 18 in West Hollywood
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,593 reviews

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!