“Absolutely, Positively, Execellent!”

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Flower Mound, Texas
“Absolutely, Positively, Execellent!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the hotel the night of October 19 for our 20th anniversary. I contacted Sal Abaunza, the Regional Manager, to let him know that this was our anniversary and would appreciate anything "special" that he could do. Boy...did he deliver! We were complimentary upgraded to a 1400 sq ft suite overlooking Beverly Hills with fresh cut yellow and white roses! The suite was magnificent to say the least. As an extra bonus, Tichina Arnold (star of "Martin" and "Everybody Hates Chris") was singing in the lounge that evening and we were entertained with a very intimate concert. We ate at the restaurant for lunch the day of check-in and had room service Sunday morning for breakfast and the food was exceptional on both occasions.

From check-in to departure, the staff of the hotel went out of their way to ensure that our every accommodation was met. This is our new Los Angeles "home" for my many trips to the area. Thanks to Sal and Stephen Black for making our anniversary one to remember!

3 Thank Touche57
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear Karin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so glad that you and your wife had an enjoyable 20th anniversary here at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills, congratulations again to you both on this milestone anniversary. Thank you for the kind words about our staff, I will be sure to pass on your sentiments.

We look forward to your return and welcoming you back on your next visit to L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

This was the last stop of our 3 weeks tour in California- definitely the best as well in terms of the room & the staff. We had 5 rooms & my room was upgraded as I had 2 boys so they put us in a larger room with a sofa bed.

Valet is pricey @ $35/ day but the staff & their service was impeccable.

However, the restaurant was not so good- we had a quick bite (brunch) before leaving for our flight home & they provided me with the set menu which included orange juice & ice cream. However, when the bill came orange juice & ice cream was charged & explanation was that it was ala carte as they gave us a larger portion since was sharing w my wife. Did not argue as I needed to rush off aldy but don't think that this is acceptable.

This is why I'm only giving 4 stars & not 5!

Stayed October 2013
Dear Vernon C,

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. Please accept my apologies for your restaurant experience here at the hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I LOVE L'Ermitage. I have stayed there 3 times in the past 2 1/2 yrs. It has been perfect each time. The rooms I have stayed in (always one of their lower priced rooms) are just wonderful. They are huge, with a vanity/dressing area, very large bathroom, and balcony. The staff is very friendly and not stuffy at all. With our recent stay, it seemed all valet and doormen knew our names and this was just a 2 day stay. We used the car service to go to dinner and that is sure a nice option. I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: The rooms on the street side had a little bit of street noise, but it didn't keep me from sleepi...
1 Thank Karin B
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Karin,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

I am so glad that you have enjoyed our hotel over the last two and a half years. Thank you for the kind words about our staff, I will be sure to pass on your sentiments.

Washington, D.C.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We had a wonderful time relaxing at the hotel to celebrate our Anniversary. It was a great location for us - walking distance to Rodeo Drive and great restaurants and in very quiet and peacful section of the neighborhood. We loved having the green space and tree view out of the room balcony w/french doors. The bed was very comfortable and the room and bathroom were extremely spacious. We experienced great service from all the staff as well, especially at the pool (with it's own great views of L.A. and the hills).
The one drawback was the live band they had playing in the lounge Saturday evening. It was extremely loud, so much so, that we couldn't relax in our room with the bass/volume. It lasted until at least 10:30pm, and made me think they didn't put their (high paying) guests first.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our 3rd floor room/nice tree lined view. We did not enjoy the loudness of the band playi...
1 Thank vttraveler28
Dear Vttraveler28,

I am so glad that you and your spouse had a wonderful time celebrating your anniversary with us at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the live music, this entertainment is only temporary for the month of October.

near London , UK
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here a few years back and loved it, the service was great the rooms beautiful etc...We revisited last week and were sadly let down, this is never a $500 per night hotel...not even in LA. The doormen never seemed to be there to open doors, the concierge was nice but didn't listen, the place needs a refurb and the band playing in reception bar needed to take the volume down....considerably!

This was a massively disappointing return for us.

Room Tip: Just don't think about booking until its been refurbished
1 Thank Lauri C
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear MrsSee,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for supplying us with your feedback, without this we are unable to truly gauge our product and customer service.

I sincerely apologize for the events that occurred during your stay. I have reviewed these issues with management and our colleagues.

Regarding the physical aspect of the property, we plan on completing our renovation this time next year. I do hope you see these unfortunate occurrences as a rare exceptions to the service we offer at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. I would be grateful if you could contact me directly the next time you are visiting. Please allow me to take personal care of your arrangements.

Hermitage, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Wonderful hotel, the staff is the highlight of this hotel, every person that worked here went far and above 5 star requirements.....introducing my wife and I to other staff, sincerely wishing my wife a happy birthday, I was so impressed and we spent a good hour talking with Fernando at the bar and could not have enjoyed ourselves more!! Every hotel should learn from this staff, they did not simply treat us well because they had too, they truly seemed to treat us well because they wanted too....which made us look at each of these people in a whole different manner, like friends!

Dear Eric H,

I am so glad that you and your wife enjoyed the above and beyond experience during your stay with us at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed October 4, 2013

One of best parts of my experience at this hotel was the personalized service from the amazing Concierge staff. Christine, Sean and Dana are an invaluable asset to the L'Ermitage hotel. Thank you so much guys!

Housekeeping: Olga is the kindest, friendliest, and is quite possibly the best housekeeper on this planet. Olga goes above and beyond other housekeepers because she cleans and tidies up rooms with with the utmost tender loving care. If you're lucky enough to have your room cleaned by Olga, your room won't simply be clean, it will be immaculate. Olga is a very special lady. Thank you so much for everything! You are the Best!

Reception Staff: Attentive, accommodating, polite and welcoming.

Valet Staff: Fast and friendly service. They go out their way to help hotel guests.

Room Service: Food is OK. I like the burger and the huevos rancheros. Elizabeth, the lady who usually takes my orders, is great, but the delivery service could be better.

Lobby Lounge and Bar: It's nice. Quiet, laid back atmosphere.

Rooftop pool, Gym and Spa: Didn't spend much time there, so no reviews here.

Overall, I had a wonderful time at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear N A,

I am so glad that you enjoyed our personalized experience during your stay with us at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#3 of 19 in West Hollywood
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!