“Exceptional Small Hotel with Outstanding Personalized Service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Coral Gables, FL
“Exceptional Small Hotel with Outstanding Personalized Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I booked this hotel for an overnight stay in LA with my wife and two teenage daughters (based mostly on Trip Advisor reviews). We wanted to be close to Rodeo and Robertson areas and yet wanted to relax in a smaller luxury hotel. L'Ermitage and its amazing staff far exceeded our expectations.
1. Service:
Absolutely amazing and personalized. They matched our previous "gold standard" which is Ventanas in Cabos. Within a few hours, every staff person knew us by our name. Christine in the concierge desk suggested two amazing restaurants (Mastro for dinner and The Ivy for lunch), and coordinated transportation for every outing with their "house car". I needed a couple of gifts wrapped and, voila!, within less than an hour they were beautifully wrapped and in our room. Every staff member pleasant and helpful. Also, the teamwork was outstanding. A small example: we come out of the elevator and the staff person would say "your car is waiting for you". What else can I tell you...
2. Rooms:
Simple, elegant, clean and large. You are greeted by a wonderful aroma. The bathroom and bed extremely comfortable. Centralized lighting control was very nice. We had a connecting room for our daughters that was equally spacious with two queen beds. One minimal drawback- I would have liked a bigger window/ more outside light. The front desk manager, Rose and her staff were very accommodating before and during the visit.
3. Food:
We had lunch in their outdoor patio and the food was delicious and the service at the same level as the rest of the hotel. The manager checked in with us to make sure that we were ok at least twice. Room service breakfast the next morning was delicious and in our room much faster than expected.
So, were there any negatives? Yes, leaving this amazing hotel and that we only had time for a one night stay.
We can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear JVTrav,

WOW! What a lovely review, words cannot express how grateful we are for the review you have written.

I am so pleased that you and your family had a comfortable stay while here at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. I will be sure to pass on your sentiments to the entire team here at the hotel.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We look forward to your return and welcoming you back on your next visit to Beverly Hills.

L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

I love this hotel. It's not big which is great. The staff are some on the most kind I've eer encountered. The beds are very comfortable. Valet is fast and efficient. Loved the bathtub. My only complaint was the air conditioning - much too cold in the hall ways.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Travelette4666,

It pleases me to read your review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. I am extremely happy that you consider our hotel one of the best and that our staff is the best you have ever encountered. I will be sure to pass on these sentiments to all in the team.

Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

My girlfriend and I took a vacation to Cali and randomly booked this hotel through a package deal on expedia. It was on the higher end of our budget but we wanted to make sure we were in a safe area. Everything from the moment we arrived to check out was flawless. Every staff member was incredibly friendly and knew us by name, even if we had met once. The room was INSANE, such a nice bathroom for my gf and I to get ready in and every favour we asked of them was done immediately and exceeded expectations. We had room service every day, mimosas in the morning and/or breaky and some sort of dinner..and really it only ended up being $100 a day each which isn't bad for a good meal and champagne and FRESH OJ delivered to your door each day I'd say. ;) Also, I have to mention that we were here to have fun and despite our music playing and company pretty much all hours we had NO complaints. I think they read th nature of your trip and place you throughout the hotel accordingly so no one is disturbed. It was very refreshing, as opposed to the regular old hotel where security would be knocking on your door every 15 min because the TV is too loud.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Violet_Aura,

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

I am extremely happy that you and your girlfriend enjoyed your overall stay here at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills.

Thank you for the kind words about our staff here at L’Ermitage and that you love our insane rooms!

New Rochelle, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

I hesitate to share what I consider to be the best kept secret in Beverly Hills, but it really is too nice to keep to myself. L'Ermitage is the epitome of quiet luxury. The rooms are serene, spacious, nicely appointed, and extremely clean. Service is superb. At every turn, someone addresses you by name. Upon checking in, I had my boots shined and three items pressed. They were returned before I blinked - expertly addressed. This trip was the first time I had an in-room manicure. The manicurist, Cindy, was outstanding. I loved that it was the same price as the spa treatment. The next morning, the hotel's car service took me to my meeting. The driver was professional, polished and polite. The lounge and restaurant are understated, quiet, and comfortable. I highly recommend them for business meetings where you actually want to hear yourself speak! I've stayed at L'Ermitage since it first opened in the 80's. I've seen at least three changes in managment. It remains a timeless jewel that shows no signs of aging. So very Beverly Hills!

Room Tip: Even the smallest rooms are extremely spacious. What you sacrifice in view, you make up in value.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Gwen A,
Thank you for reviewing your best kept secret in Beverly Hills. We are extremely happy that L'Ermitage Beverly Hills is your home away from home since the 80’s. We’ll be sure to pass on your sentiments to our team and especially Cindy. We look forward to your return and welcoming you back on your next visit to Beverly Hills.

SE London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Nothing too much for the staff. Service at breakfast and valet parking excellent. Front of house/concierge are truly helpful. You feel they really want to make your trip enjoyable. Rooms are large, modern and clean. Main road outside but never intrudes. Breakfasts are very good and some of the staff such as David are stellar.
Small workout room which has enough and is never too busy. Pool area is small and not ideal for families who want a pool holiday.
Number of stars popping in and out of the hotel....understandably as very discreet.

Room Tip: High is best. Better view from front.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear SEGonner,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate your compliments and feedback.
We are extremely happy that your overall stay here at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills was enjoyable.
I will be sure to pass on your sentiments to our team and especially David.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Forget staying at the Hilton or Marriott, L'Ermitage is your best bet. The hotel staff is super friendly and very accommodating! The room was spacious, clean, and the bed was a dream. Make sure to try the salmon burger from the room service menu! I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JAQUELINE K
Dear Jaqueline K,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. We am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and that our hotel will be your new place of residence when visiting Beverly Hills.
We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to L’Ermitage very soon.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

A perfect hotel for a getaway weekend with my husband. The concierge was very helpful, door/valet gents were professional, lounge and restaurant servers were very attentive. Walking distance to Rodeo Drive shopping area but why walk when the hotel car can drop you off at your destination. The entire team remembered me as a return guest. Thank you for a fabulous experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rebekah04,
Thank you for your words of kindness regarding our staff and hotel. We are delighted you and your husband decided to stay with us for your weekend getaway. I am looking forward to sharing your comments with our team. I am also glad to hear you took advantage of our house car service during your stay with us. We are looking forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to L’Ermitage in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The London West Hollywood
The London West Hollywood
#3 of 18 in West Hollywood
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,593 reviews

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!