“LOVE L'Ermitage”

Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for one night in early October; I had stayed previously with my friend 2 years ago. It was just as nice in 2012 as it was in 2010. The rooms are really large (and I had the lowest price room) and so well appointed. I do not pack lightly and I especially loved the bathroom size as well as the dressing area/closet/drawers. EVERY person we came in contact with at the hotel couldn't have been nicer. No attitude whatsoever. They were always asking if we needed anything else. Location is great for dining, shopping, having drinks in either Beverly Hills or West Hollywood; it is easy to get most places you'd want to go in 5-10 minutes. I plan to always stay at L'Ermitage when in the LA area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate all the compliments and your feedback.

We are extremely happy that you had a great experience and enjoy our hotel. Many thanks for the kind words about our hotel staff and hotel. It pleases us to know that you will call L’Ermitage your new home when you visit the Los Angeles area.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We just returned from our annual visit to Beverly Hills. This property is the best we've stayed at. Most recently we have stayed at the Four Seasons (on Doheny) and Mr. C. Although we are big fans of the Four Seasons hotel chain we wanted to try something different and the fabulous rates here helped to make our desicion easier. We are not into the "scene" but want a quiet pleasant experience in luxurious surroundings where someone will meet or exceed our expectations all day long. L'Ermitage did just that. We felt like we were staying at someone's home in Beverly Hills. We were greeted with an email a week before we arrived asking us to explain in detail everything we wanted from pillows, newpapers and service times. Dinner in their restaurant, Livello, was our best dining experience all weekend. We have eaten at most of the top tables in LA and this was truly our best experience without all the hype. If you want to be seen, don't go here because there is no scene. The property is so conveniently located that we walked to the shops and restaurants on Rodeo, Robertson and Melrose within 20 minutes. The staff went out of their way to make us happy and we can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: rooms a the back of the hotel facing the hollywood hills are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ywgtravellers

We are extremely happy that you had a great experience and enjoy our hotel. Many thanks for the kind words regarding the meal you had a Livello being the BEST of the weekend. We pride ourselves on the service we give to our guests and I will be sure to share your sentiments with the whole family here at L’Ermitage.

Please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your new home on your next visit to Beverly Hills.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Booked this off of the website for the hotel and was totally blown away. The quality of the experience was just terrific. I have stayed in great hotels the world over and hope that LA becomes a more frequent destination so I can call L'Ermitage my LA home away from home.

Room Tip: Take the upgrade to a suite if you can afford it. The generous space was just unbelievable.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Dear George,

We are extremely happy that you had a great experience and enjoy our hotel. Many thanks for the kind words about our hotel and we do hope that you will be able to call L’Ermitage your home away from home.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

Where do I start? The staff at L’Ermitage are fantastic! – From the valet guys, housekeeping, the front desk everyone cares about you. I've travelled the world and L'Ermitage exceeds expectations. There is no attitude, just professional staff who really care about your stay and if you are having an enjoyable time.
This will be my hotel of choice from now on when I stay in Los Angeles. Love the style, love the food in the restaurant, bar and room service, and you can’t beat the location!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

We are extremely happy that you had a great experience and enjoy our hotel. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff. We pride ourselves on the service we give to our guests and I will be sure to share your sentiments with the whole family here at L’Ermitage.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

My daughter and I live on the east coast and were visiting LA after a vacation on Maui. I had bragged to my daughter about L'Ermitage BH. We had interconnecting rooms on the top floor facing the rear thanks to Mr. Pfief.... very quiet. Rooms are starting to look a little worn. Floors scratched...carpets need to be refreshed. Stains in hall corridor carpeting. Hotel and service are lovely. Just need to keep up with maintenance. Staff al very nice. My daughter got food poisoning from a meal in Malibu. I went to the front desk and the attendant printed out a map for me to go to a drug store for some medications for my daughter before our next morning flight to Boston. I like L'Ermitage and the staff but think linens can be a littel more crisp.....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank gocio

We are extremely happy that you and your daughter enjoyed our hotel. Many thanks for the kind words regarding our staff, I will be sure to share your sentiments with the whole family here at L’Ermitage. We are currently finalizing our upcoming renovations to our guest rooms.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

What a great experience! Not only by far the best hotel we stayed in during a recent US trip but one of the best we have ever stayed in.

The staff are absolutely fantastic, nothing was too much trouble and they are all extremely authentic in the way they deal with you.

The rooms was spacious and the bed complete luxury...great nights sleep. The pool area, spa and gym were also first class.

Keep up the great work...the team make that critical difference.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The stars here are the staff – from the valet guys (awesome) to the bar staff to the housekeeping everything centers on you. I called regarding a light bulb that was about to blow – the maintenance man arrived within 5 minutes (this on a Friday night at 10.30pm). And what a fantastic turn-down service. The gym is well equipped, didn’t go up to the pool.

The only points that I felt didn’t reach consistent service was breakfast on the first morning – was very slow and had to wait 10 minutes for the check, only to go to the maitre’d station to sign-it myself. The reverse was true the next morning – service was 5-star. Food was excellent. And the TV system – I hope there are plans to upgrade the cable/satellite to HD, picture quality was pretty dire, seems a shame to have such nice plasma TVs in the rooms.

Had an enjoyable evening in the lounge bar with one of the residents (an NBA player) which was great fun.

Everything you read here is true – the spacious rooms, the service, the intimate nature of the property. I think that's a plus - on departure I had the entire front-office staff (and concierge) wish me farewell - it doesn't get any better than that.

Stop deliberating, just book. And if you think you can’t afford it get a loan or put it on the plastic. It’s worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

We are extremely happy that you enjoy our hotel and thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We pride ourselves on the service we give to our guests.

It pleases me to know that you got to experience L'Ermitage in it true form. Please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The London West Hollywood at Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#11 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!