All reviewsrooftop pooldressing arearodeo drivedressing roomhouse carroom servicerooms are largeunderstated elegancevalet guyslos angelesstreet noisefour seasonsturn down serviceexceptional servicevalet servicefabulous hotelhollywood sign
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The stars here are the staff – from the valet guys (awesome) to the bar staff to the housekeeping everything centers on you. I called regarding a light bulb that was about to blow – the maintenance man arrived within 5 minutes (this on a Friday night at 10.30pm). And what a fantastic turn-down service. The gym is well equipped, didn’t go up to the pool.

The only points that I felt didn’t reach consistent service was breakfast on the first morning – was very slow and had to wait 10 minutes for the check, only to go to the maitre’d station to sign-it myself. The reverse was true the next morning – service was 5-star. Food was excellent. And the TV system – I hope there are plans to upgrade the cable/satellite to HD, picture quality was pretty dire, seems a shame to have such nice plasma TVs in the rooms.

Had an enjoyable evening in the lounge bar with one of the residents (an NBA player) which was great fun.

Everything you read here is true – the spacious rooms, the service, the intimate nature of the property. I think that's a plus - on departure I had the entire front-office staff (and concierge) wish me farewell - it doesn't get any better than that.

Stop deliberating, just book. And if you think you can’t afford it get a loan or put it on the plastic. It’s worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

We are extremely happy that you enjoy our hotel and thank you for the kind words regarding our staff. We pride ourselves on the service we give to our guests.

It pleases me to know that you got to experience L'Ermitage in it true form. Please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I've stayed everywhere in the world , usually at 5 star hotels and I know whats the best. L'Ermitage exceeds expectations, because the staff goes out of it's way to please you, 24/7. No attitude, just professional, courteous trained people who care about their guests.
I always stay there now, because it's like a small club, with style, great food in the restaurant, bar and room service, and top facilities as well as location.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

It pleases me to know how much you enjoy the hotel and the staff, and I will pass on the positive comments to all the staff.

Please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I've stayed here on business twice and I just love this hotel. I love that it feels a little bit residential -- the exterior is very unassuming but once inside you are immediately at ease. Just let them take care of you! The service is truly incredible; friendly and helpful and willing to do whatever they need to do to make your stay comfortable. The rooms are huge and extremely quiet with super comfortable beds. The bathrooms are to die for; all marble, very spacious with a tub and shower and a dressing area/closet. The hotel is spotless and the only thing I noticed that wasn't in keeping with the hotel's usual impeccable standards is that the carpet was a little bit stained. The bar downstairs is wonderful; a perfect place to unwind and grab a bite. I personally like staying in Beverly Hills; if you are working in and around the studios, it is extremely convenient. I walked over to Robertson to shop (odd, I know--no one walks in LA!) but it was easy to get to. I worked long days in LA on this trip and it was a delight to come back to my room with the bed turned down and my little slippers waiting for me bedside. I also ordered room service for dinner and breakfast and both were delicious. This is LA at it's finest, in my opinion.

Room Tip: I've always had a room that faces the back which is very quiet and has a view of the hills. Facing the street can be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
GuestRelations9291, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate all the compliments and your feedback. We are extremely happy that you enjoy our hotel and thank you for the kind words regarding our staff, we will be sure to pass on the positive comments. It pleases me to know how much you enjoy the hotel and the staff, please feel free to contact me directly next time you visit.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

We've stayed at the L'Ermitage a couple of times and have greatly enjoyed each stay. The rooms, lobby etc are decorated and maintained very well. It is an elegant and peaceful place to return to each day from the hustle and bustle of Beverly Hills. The staff does an excellent job. Thoughtful turn down service each evening. Prompt, friendly and courteous valet service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
LermitageBH1, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate all the compliments and your feedback. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed hotel and thank you for the kind words regarding our staff and our turndown service, we will be sure to pass on the positive comments.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We've been to Los Angeles numerous times but this was our first stay at the L'Ermitage. The overall experience was a delight. The look is elegant. Rooms, pool, public areas, and restaurant are all warm and inviting. What stood out the most was the excellent staff who were genuine in their concern and always upbeat and helpful. We also had an great experience in the restauraunt, the wait staff and food was superb. We hope to be back to Los Angeles often and will only stay at the L'Ermitage.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
LermitageBH1, Guest Relations Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate all the compliments and your feedback. We are extremely happy that you enjoyed hotel and thank you for the kind words regarding our staff, we will be sure to pass on the positive comments.