“Beautiful hotel!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Thornhill, Canada
“Beautiful hotel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2012

This is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are spacious, clean and lovely. The service was great. They are there to make you happy. It is very expensive but a really nice place.The location is excellent as it's close to everything.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LermitageBH1, Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate all the compliments and your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beverly Hills.

Ramita Suwanworabun
Director of Front Office
L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

This was supposed to be a special 1 night/day stay for a romantic local getaway. Me having flown in from out of town for the weekend to see my girlfriend. Check in was ok, only two people behind the counter so we had to wait a few minutes. Minor inconvenience. The room was well appointed and the bathroom was large and very nice (lacking a TV and speakers like many other 5 star properties). Shower was very good and water pressure excellent. After arriving to the room we were promptly brought lemonade drinks which was a nice touch.

From there is was all downhill. I prefer to have a fan in the room (this is one of my tests for a true 5 star property) and shortly after I had one delivered, I found it didn't work. No problem, I was sure they would send another one. We left for dinner and from the restaurant we called the hotel to ask for a new fan to be delivered to the room before we got back. Unfortunately, we were totally unable to get anyone at the hotel on the phone! In fact, we called for 45 minutes at one point just letting the phone ring and nobody picked up. Frankly, I was shocked by this. Never have I experienced a hotel that didn't pick up the phone, none the less the current #2 place in BH listed on Trip Advisor. After getting back to the hotel, We informed the front desk employee about the phone and he quickly turned something back on and apologized profusely.

Then upon returning to the room walked through a spider web and I found a nice sized black spider hanging from underneath the desk. Photo's available to verify this, but I'm not posting the picture at this time. As you can imagine, after being very upset about not being able to reach this hotel by phone, the spider put us over the edge and we asked to check out immediately at 12 am. Fortunately the nice gentlemen gave us no trouble and we promptly checked out and went home. Quite a let down and leaving us both exhausted as I had been traveling all day and looking forward to a lovely comfortable night at was supposed to be a great hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gmoney2008
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Dear Gmoney2008,

Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community. Please accept my apologies that we did not meet your expectations during your brief stay with us. We do not typically have any issues like the ones that you encountered and I am truly sorry for the inconvenience. We hope you will return on your next trip to Beverly Hills so that we may give you the experience that you originally envisioned.

Rancho Mirage, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have lived in this neighborhood before...I wanted a quiet, peaceful place that was low volume. This is the place in BH. You can walk to the village, you can bring your dog, you can sleep with the door open.
The staff are friendly, helpful, and the environment calm.
The guest rooms are very basic, Asian inspired. Personally I would add a splash of color someplace, and I would replace the small arm chairs with something truly comfortable and an alternative to the bed for a nap while looking out the window or watching TV. There is room for a long sofa, but a modern arm chair or chaise or leather recliner would make the room that much more comfortable. They are due for a touch up facelift, so maybe they will change out the furniture.

Room Tip: Do not be mislead by a picture. This hotel is located overlooking commercial buildings, electrical s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Irvinggetthecar
Dear Irvinggetthecar,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We appreciate all the compliments and your suggestions for the rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Beverly Hills.

Cancun, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed at L'Ermitage for three nights while in LA for work. From the moment you arrive you are treated with kid gloves. You are greeted outside and when they get your name they immediately transmit that to the front desk. You walk into the lobby and are greeted by a person who shows you around the hotel and takes you to your room. You do not have to stop at the front desk and check in. Very, very cool. The rooms are nice, spacious and well appointed. You can get a fairly high speed Internet connection for free and it was fine for most downloads that I needed although I suspect if you want to watch a movie on the Internet you will need to pay for a faster connection. The food was always good and the room service was prompt and accurate. The gym is a bit small but has the necessary equipment so you can get a work out. And Rodeo Drive with plenty of restaurants and shops is but a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Overall, a very good experience and a hotel that I would recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert F
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Robert F,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate all your compliments and look forward to your next visit to Beverly Hills.

L’Ermitage Beverly Hills
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

I have to travel to LA a couple of times a year and always stay at L'Ermitage. The service in impeccable. They always remember my preferences from previous trips which is a small thing but goes along way. The rooms are fantastic w/ a comfortable bed and an incredible bathroom.
They only down side to the hotel is the restaurant/room service menu. It leaves a lot to be desired.

I would definitely recommend to anyone going to LA.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JaceyRight
Dear JaceyRight,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. We appreciate your review and please feel free to contact me personally with any suggestions you have for our restaurant or room service menus.

L’Ermitage Beverly Hills
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

I've stayed here a dozen times over the past 7 years. Apart from super-clean rooms, luxe linens and kind service, the truffle fries they serve in the lounge are awesome! I've never had a bad view or a poorly selected mini-bar selection. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AshWolf
Dear Ashley W,

Thank you for writing your review of L'Ermitage Beverly Hills. We will be sure to keep those truffle fries on the menu for your next visit!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

I had never stayed in a 5 star hotel before, and was making another trip to LA for vacation. I had originally looked into The Beverly Hills Hotel, and Chateau Marmount, but both were completely booked, and there were mixed reviews of the Chateau behaving snobbishly to commoners, so i was a bit anxious after booking and then walking to the hotel a few hours later from the metro towing my suitcase off the bus a few feet from the valet. Much to my surprise they jumped up and took my suitcase from me before i could even make the stairs. Everytime someone approaches the doors, they will jump to attention and open it for you. I was also personally escorted to the front desk. My room wasn't quite ready yet, so i sat in the lobby, where they brought me the most amazing lemonade i've ever had, complete with martini-ish surgar around the rim of the glass with a wedge of lemon on it. After getting a tour of the hotel, and how to operate the lights (which will come on upon entering the room!) my suitcase was promptly brought up not even 5 minutes later. A plate of delectible cookies followed. The bathroom was HUGE, and i had the hugest bubble bath known to mankind thay night. The tub alone was worth it!!! The bed was perfect; the robe and slippers were so soft! The concierge (male), was truly helpful. He made suggestions for places to eat, printed out menus, directions, etc. He made the reservations for my dinner at The Taste (which was good), and also for the next day at the Chateau. He also sent me in the town car. The lady concierge was also helpful. Actually, every single person there treated me like a queen. While at the Chateau, i ran over my checkout time while waiting for the house car, but they weren't the least bit hurried to run me out. The valet even hooked up my phone to charge on his outlet as i sat outside after checking out and waiting for a bus, thus effectively ending my day as a wannabe poser. I would have stayed 2 nights, but they were also booked full the next day. I was grateful to have experienced the one night. In hindsight, maybe i'm glad the Chateau was booked. I found a hotel that i love, and can't wait to come back in Dec. Can't say enough what an amazing place this is, and the staff there are the best of the best!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Mindyschocolate
Dear Mindyschocolate,

Thank you for making L'Ermitage Beverly Hills your first five-star hotel experience. We appreciate your detailed review of our property and look forward to your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!