“Attentive to every single detail of your stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Beverly Hills
São Paulo
“Attentive to every single detail of your stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

I've just left this amazing hotel where I've spent the last 5 days with my boyfriend. The moment we got there we understood why it is such a well-spoken of hotel. The rooms were the biggest and most confortable ones we have ever stayed at. The cleaning ladies did such an amazing job every day that when we got back even the stuff that we had left lying all over the room would be perfectly organized. The bed was very comfortable and the bath tub was just great after a long and tiring day. There was no noise whatsoever. But the cherry on top of the cake was all the extra services and little things that they will do for free to you: there is a hotel car to drive you to nearby locations, a car rental return service, a 24-hour business certer with a printer and many other little things. It's a little expensive, but totally worth it if you're willng to pay to stay at a great hotel.

Room Tip: Any room will be amazing!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Dear MariaPSG,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review of our hotel. We appreciate all your positive comments and look forward to your next visit.

L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I recently called from Australia to book a Beverly Suite during our 1 day stopover in LA.

It was our 23rd anniversary and I wanted to organise spa treatments,champagne and some other special surprises to make this stay one to remember.

Having read some of the reviews on this site, which were favourable and convinced me to book, nothing could have prepared me for the attitude of the person I spoke to from Reservations.
From the outset he was rude, mono-syllabic and very unhelpful.
I hung up in frustration when it was obvious he wasn't the least bit interested in my reservation or even his own job, so it would seem.

I then called the hotel front desk and spoke to the Front Office Manager, Dustin Pfeif who was able to assist with my booking. I told him of my experience with the Reservations Dept and he was surprised. Dustin then proceeded to assist with my booking which he confirmed the by email.

The following day I reflected on my experience and given the cost of room and extras ($2000) I began to feel uneasy about staying there, having encountered such an unwelcome attitude.
I didn't feel confident the hotel could deliver and I didn't want to risk any disappointments.

I cancelled my reservation by email to Dustin Pfeif with an explanation.

He has never responded with an apology or any acknowledgement as to why a potential guest cancelled due to shortcomings with their Reservations Dept.

I find this very unprofessional and would never consider staying there ever again.

I have since booked with a rival hotel and my reservation was handled with professionalism and courtesy.

Room Tip: Try to avoid speaking to the Reservations Dept and contact the hotel directly.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank craigpaul32
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 16, 2012
Dear Craig M,

Please accept my apologies for not responding to your final email. After we spoke on the phone, I created a personalized package offering for your anniversary; then followed up on your comments with our reservations department. I am so sorry the reservations agent you spoke with gave you an unfavorable impression of our hotel. As you can see from the reviews below, those guests that do come and stay with us are well taken care of by our professional staff. I wish you and your wife a wonderful anniversary trip and hopefully I have been able to address your concerns. Please know that without your feedback we would not be able to improve on the level of service provided in our hotel.

Kind regards,

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

We stayed here as the final stop of a honeymoon getaway and were not disappointed. Located a few minutes walk from Rodeo Drive and easy to get to tourist hotspots like Hollywood, Universal Studios and Santa Monica via bus. Use of the house car was handy for getting to and from restaurants and was readily available if you pre booked. Staff were falling over themselves to help you and if anything I felt guilty that I couldn't tip more as my cash was running out.

Room itself was smart with all the expected amenities, felt more than comfortable. The rooftop pool has stunning views of LA and the Hollywood Hills, a real bonus. Finally, the hotel provided us with chocolate dipped strawberries on our arrival, much appreciated. Would love to go back if my budget ever allows it again!!!!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the road at the front, traffic noise wasn't an issue and was pretty cool se...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank adamdellboy
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
Dear Adamdellboy,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We are honored that you chose to spend the last part of your honeymoon celebration at L’Ermitage Beverly Hills. Your compliments about our staff and hotel are much appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back for future wedding anniversaries!

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

The arrival personalized greeting and escort to room was good. Staff pleasant and professional. Rooms large and nice. Missing coffee / espresso machine! Spa and pool lovely. There are issues with housekeeping though. Upon arrival, spray bottle of cleaner on my desk. On day 2, I was out doing errands from 10-2 and was surprised to find my room uncleaned. I callEd and they came right away, but shoddy job - trash not emptied, left a dirty plate, did not vacuum. Other point, ordered late-night room service and got stale bread... Not a 5-star experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Hegira
Dear Hegira,

Thank you for your compliments about our pleasant and professional staff. Please accept my apologies about your housekeeping experience; what you have described above is totally unacceptable by our standards. Your feedback has been addressed with our Director of Housekeeping. We hope you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on your next visit to Beverly Hills.

TORONTO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I was able to treat my wife to a a wonderful experience at this great property last November. The rooms are much larger than average and very nicely decorated. The staff was excellent, they really know how to treat their guests and I consider myself picky. We would definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: The higher floors offer a nice view of Beverly Hills.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, February 4, 2012
Dear John S,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and look forward to your next visit.

Marin County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I loved my brief stay here, it definitely exceeded expectations from start to finish.

One thing I was quite impressed with was the standard room layout & size. Lots of hotels go heavy on the service & amenities, but still provide a fairly routine, generic room. The room here, which I assume was a standard base room (based on my booking), was really quite well thought out and generous. Great amount of storage, good lighting, well thought-out locations for power connections. Quite impressive. Even though the room are clearly not brand new, they are well maintained and not showing much age.

Service, as everyone said here, is lovely. No more to say there.

The location was not my favorite. It may be perfect for some, but its buried a bit down a residental street and there's no where in walking distance. I prefer to have some nearby "street life" when possible, but if you're looking for quiet & privacy, then its perfect.

The TV reception was a bit naff. But often is in hotels these days. It seems even at a 5-star place, the TV is pretty low on the list of priorities.

Also while my basic room had a balcony, it opened just onto an alleyway, so don't expect a view!

I think for this general type of hotel, ultra-luxury & quiet, this is about as good as it gets.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank NSIInnerloop2
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
Dear NSIInnerloop2,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. We appreciate your detailed room description and compliments about our customer service. While we are located in a mainly residential area of Beverly Hills, the famous stores of Rodeo Drive are just a short walk away. On behalf of the entire staff, I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for your next visit to Beverly Hills.

Kind regards,

Wimborne Minster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

No matter how hard we might try, there is nothing we can fault when reviewing this hotel. Am still bemused by how every member of staff knew us - and that was from the moment we pulled up outside of the hotel in our rental car when as I stepped out I was welcomed by name. From that moment on we were welcomed, looked after, nothing was too much trouble and yet at no time did we feel that anybody had been too intrusive. The hotel and the staff were fantastic - from booking tickets at Universal to sorting out restaurants, to simply having the rental car delivered promptly and with directions (I had thought they were joking when I asked how long it would take them to get it and they said 60 seconds - and it was!). Rooms are huge by city standards, very comfortable and spacious with plenty of storage, both a bath and shower. Hotel has a much lauded pool and bar area which lived up to expectations with 360 degree views across the city. Location is ideal for Beverly Hills, Hollywood and being on the north and west side of the city. We were there on vacation and it was an easy drive across to Universal, Hollywood Bowl or also up to the Getty Center. On a Friday morning, took us 20 - 25 minutes to get to LAX.

Concierge made some good recommendations for restaurants - we tried Nobu Matsuhita, the original Nobu restaurant where he made his name. Fantastic sushi, teriyaki beef and noodles - and very fairly priced compared to London. On our second evening we tried Red O, Rick Bayless' Mexican restaurant which was equally fantastic and good value. Breakfast - tried the Farm and was disappointed (dismissive staff, small portions, very small drinks) but had a great breakfast at Nate an' Al, a Beverly Hills institution where the portions are huge, the staff snappy and the clientele an intriguing mix of locals which made for a perfect way to end our holiday.

Other recommendations - if viewing the Hollywood sign, head for Hollywood Canyon drive and get an up close look; Universal - fantastic fun but well worth buying the First in Line pass, it made for such an easy day and with immediate access on to all rides we still spent from 10:30 to 6:00pm when the park shut without down time. Great day out. Getty Center is also superb, it's free and has an amazing collection of paintings, art, photographs and gardens with views back over LA and the beaches.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to have same size. We chose one at the rear although Burton Way does not appear busy...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Trevorw38
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Dear Trevorw38,

We were delighted that you chose to stay with us for a portion of your trip to California. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. I am very pleased that our staff was able to exceed your expectations and look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Beverly Hills.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#4 of 14 in Beverly Hills
4.0 of 5 stars 692 reviews

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!