“Very good location, good service, nice, clean rooms”

Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Ranked #4 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay here, a great base for 3 nights in LA. The rooms are nice and clean, not necessarily amazing for the price, but more than satisfactory. We had a rental car which made things easy and the valet service was a treat. I'm not sure how you'd fare without a car in this location. All staff were very friendly and helpful. This was our first time in LA so nothing else to compare to, but we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RubyMel
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2011

Dear RubyMel,

Thank you for visiting us from Australia. We appreciate the positive review of our property and will share your comments with the hotel staff.

There are newer reviews for Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills

Reviewed June 11, 2011

I stayed at this property just for one night on way back from Asia. It was second stay here. I must say the service is the best I have ever experienced and I have stayed at many of the top chains including Ritz, Four seasons Mandarin, etc. Upon my arrival, the front desk greeted me before I even reached the front desk with my room key in hand. I didn't even need to present my credit card. The concierge also was extremely helpful in booking dinner.

I will continue to use this hotel whenever in LA area.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank GaryTFlorida

Dear GaryT,

Thank you for returning to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills on your journey back from Asia. Your review is very much appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again next time.

Reviewed June 4, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for Memorial Day weekend. What a fantastic hotel. We felt like we were in another country. The staff is very accomodating, especially in the restaurant, on the roof top pool and the guys out at the front door. Patrick, the hotel's maintenance guy, even set up a TV on the roof for us to watch the Manchester United/Barcelona match by the pool, The concierge had great recommendations for dinner all three nights; Spago, Red O and Red Medicine. The hotel is on a neighborhood street, which we loved, and just a short stroll to the heart of Beverly Hills for coffee, breakfast, shopping, etc. Fantastic...we will be back.

Dear Catkinson25,

Thank you for your exceptional review of our hotel. We will ensure all our staff receive your gratitude. We appreciate you taking the time to write about your visit and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2011

Have stayed here a few times during past years. Hotel is superb, on most front,s but starting to need a remodel. Hope they keep design and just freshen up the rooms. Service is generally good although little attitude at front desk (well we are in LA I guess). Food is excellent. Nice location and setting.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Horatiolh
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2011

Dear Horatiolh,

Thank you for taking the time to review of our hotel. We appreciate your continued support here at L’Ermitage. I apologize your experience with the front desk did not meet your expectations. I assure you that guest service is our top priority. Please feel free to contact me before your next visit so I can welcome you personally. Also, know that without your feedback we would not be able to improve our service as a hotel. On behalf of the entire staff, we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 28, 2011

This is our second time we have stayed at the Ermitage. A nice hotel in the heart of Beverly Hills, California. Easy access to Rodeo drive.
Down side to this hotel is the "vultures" who greet you at the door. The bellboys and service staff need to relax and not track you down like your a piece of meat and their hungry. They even give you behind your back a very bad look if you don't tip.
We paid an extra amount via Expedia to be upgraded to a higher floor. We did not get the room we wanted and asked the front desk to help us out - they did not, they were going to offer us a suite for an extra $200 a night. We paid less the year before and got a better toom. Also, the maitre d at the restaurant one morning was so incredibly rude, she should have been fired. Will not stay here again

Room Tip: Save your money and stay at another hotel
4  Thank therake1234
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

Dear therake1234,

I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills. I was very disappointed to learn that we failed to meet your expectations during your second visit to our property. Our staff is trained to work with a sense of urgency and I would like to apologize that you were far from pleased with your experience. With regards to your room upgrade, I am concerned that we may not have delivered what you were promised. I would welcome the chance to rectify this. Please do contact me directly so I may have this opportunity.

I look forward to being able to address your concerns.

Reviewed May 19, 2011

My second trip to L'Ermitage Beverly Hills. Service is top notch. Rooms are lovely and spacious. Bathroom and showere are wonderful. Room service for breakfast was prompt and very good. Valet was great. I had an early flight for the East Coast on May 9th....I came out at 4:15 A.M. and my car was waiting for me! Only drawback is the beds are a little on the soft side. MY next trip to Los Angeles will surely be a repeat to the hotel. I have stayed at both Four Seasons properties and prefer L'Ermitage! I have now been on the front of the hotel and the rear..rear has nice hill views....front some street noise..only issue is garbage collection at the rear of the hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2011

Dear Gocio,

Thank you for returning to L'Ermitage, I am very pleased to hear that you received consistent levels of service on each visit. Please feel free to contact me personally on your next trip to Beverly Hills so I can ensure you have a quiet and restful night of sleep.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

I am writing while on the room. My wife and I checked in yesterday on a layover from Bora Bora in our way to Dallas. Amex recommended this hotel to us. They picked us up at the airport and were waiting for us on arrival to the hotel; straight to the room which is very nice, great space and comfortable. From the minute we arrive employees already knew our name, very impressive. This morning the concierge offered transportation from the hotel for us, and made dinner reservations, arranging for hotel car to drop us as well. So my wife and I decided to stay another night...This is a special hotel we will be back for sure.

Dear goodtoknow121,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so very happy that your experience is exactly what we strive to deliver for all our guests. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next visit to Beverly Hills.

Kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
West Hollywood
The LondonWeho at BeverlyHills
The LondonWeho at BeverlyHills
#2 of 19 in West Hollywood

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!