“Ultimate hotel experience!”

The Peninsula Beverly Hills
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My husband and I spent a night here In March and can not praise this hotel enough. From the minute we arrived we were treated like royalty and the level of service was second to none. We have stayed in some amazing hotels all over the world but this surpassed all of them. I think the attention given was just so superior without being intrusive.
The cocktails and nibbles in the bar ware delicious and our meal in the main restaurant fantastic. The location could not have been better a stones throw from Rodeo Drive.... I could go on and on! The only regret was that we had to leave after one night! We will most definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank stephy777
There are newer reviews for The Peninsula Beverly Hills

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Awesome urban hotel in Beverly Hills. Standouts include: the lovely roof garden/pool, incredibly comfortable beds, and world class service. The complimentary car service, free movies and internet are great amenities. No complaints, except for the standard one: you must pay for luxury.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank I1240DMdanielr
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I am from St. Louis and I recently came to LA for a "girls getaway" with my best friend. We decided to stay at The Peninsula in Beverly Hills and it couldn't have been more perfect. It's beautiful and charming atmosphere was exactly what we needed. We had lunch up at the Roof Garden and enjoyed the amazing fish tacos. We chatted away the hours in the cozy bar while sipping the best chocolate martini we had ever had. We ate breakfast in the beautiful Belvedere dining room before checking out. Try the 'egg in a hole' dish, it was fabulous! It was a perfect location to shop, sip martini's and dine as we enjoyed our precious time away together. I highly recommend it for any "BFF" girlfriend get away.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
ThePeninsulaBH, General Manager at The Peninsula Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear DeniseK0608,

Thank you so much for choosing The Peninsula Beverly Hills for your recent girls getaway. I'm delighted to hear that you and your friend had such a wonderful time at our hotel and enjoyed the different restaurants and amenities we have to offer. Thanks for your compliments on the fish tacos at The Roof Garden, the Chocolate Martini at The Club Bar and breakfast at The Belvedere. Sounds like you truly maximized your stay with us.

Hope to see welcome you back again soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2012

This is one of the top 5 hotels in the United States. I do not know what the staff could do to make one feel more at home or offer a better service. It's not cheap, but for those who don't mind paying for perfection this is your place.

Rooms: The rooms are nicely furnished and decorated. The beds are comfortable and the work-station is set up very nicely. The rooms have their own printers and complimentary wireless. I have stayed in several types of rooms and they are all very comfortable. Bathrooms are well laid out and efficient, if not opulent. Water pressure is very good.

Service: With apologies to The Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas, this hotel sets the bar for service. When I checked in I was asked three very simple questions that I think sum up the service experience: 1. What time do you want turn-down service?; 2. What time do you want the room made up?; and 3. Is there anything specific you need or want during your stay? Not only do they ask, they follow through and deliver. . .every time! Management of this hotel deserves kudos for its ability to hire/train/manage the staff.

Bar/Restaurant: The bar is one of my favorite hotel bars. It always has a good scene, the choices are well thought out and presented, and the service is fantastic. I would come to this bar even if I were staying at another hotel. I have only had breakfast in the hotel restaurant, but it is always very good and served efficiently. The restaurant and the bar have very nice ambiance and I enjoy spending time in both.

Location: While not the "perfect location" of The Montage or the Beverly Wilshire, The Peninsula is just a short, beautiful stroll to where all of the action is. The location is not necesarily a negative, just not a glowing positive like everything else about the hotel.

Physical Facility: The feel of the hotel is of an Italian mansion. The grounds are well kept and the common areas are spotless. If there is one complaint it is that there is not a common seating area other than the bar. The driveway is very efficiently run and the hotel is easy to access off of Santa Monica Blvd.

Summary: This is nearly a perfect hotel and I cannot recommend anyplace any more vehemently for the seasoned, discerning hotel guest.

Room Tip: I like the villas out back with their own patio.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jeff R
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Great place to stay for business or pleasure. You will want for nothing. Service , food, suites, are perfect. Best of all escape to the roof top for lounging, meetings, a spa treatment , a swim , or all of the above. We have been here many times and we will return. Oh, of course the RR house car is fun as well.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank colorblind123
ThePeninsulaBH, General Manager at The Peninsula Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2012

Dear colorblind123,

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay at our hotel. I'm delighted that you are such a big fan of The Peninsula Beverly Hills and truly appreciate your compliments about the service, suites, dining, spa and amenities. I'm also glad you enjoyed riding in the Rolls Royce.

Thanks for choosing to stay with us on your last trip. Our staff looks forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Just a perfect stay in everyway. If you can afford to experience a luxury weekend getaway here... Do it!

• Stayed: August 2011

Dear iWillTellU,

Thank you for your kind feedback! I'm happy to hear that your stay with us last summer was so enjoyable.

We hope to welcome you back to The Peninsula Beverly Hills again soon!

Best,

Reviewed March 3, 2012

The service alone - which is amongst the best I have come across - makes this a great LA choice.

The rooms themselves are not bad - although I'm not a great carpet fan. And the location is very convenient.

But it's the first class managment, and excellent concierge service, which make this hotel a pleasure to stay in.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
ThePeninsulaBH, General Manager at The Peninsula Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded March 9, 2012

Dear fussy-guests,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I truly appreciate your compliments about the management and customer service. Our staff strives to provide guests such as yourselves with the best possible service to ensure an enjoyable stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon. You might enjoy staying in one of our California Suites next time as they feature hardwood floors.

Kind regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 352 in Los Angeles
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Peninsula Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!