“The place was costly but the value of all of my needs being met, was perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Peninsula Beverly Hills

The Peninsula Beverly Hills
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Pennsylvania
“The place was costly but the value of all of my needs being met, was perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Little things matter, we came at 3 in the morning. 9 our time, in our room at no charge was yummy fruit. They brought up tea, and more food no charge. The room was truly clean. I did my bed bug check etc. We wanted to be on the pool floor, it's an 82 degree pool. They put us in a lovely quiet room.

• Stayed September 2011
      Location
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Indonesian first
Wetherby, Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

If having your initials printed on your pillowcase floats your boat then this is the place for you. I have stayed here 6 times and quite frankly it's hard to beat. Certainly everyone visiting Los Angeles who likes the best should stay here at least once. The lobby is small but exquisite. It's opulent yet understated. Discreet. A harpist plays in the tea lounge. The bar is beyond doubt the best hotel bar in Los Angeles with the best bar man in town. Friendly, comfortable and a great place to hang out early hours if you're single.
I have stayed in 3 differing categories of room. The ground floor rooms have small garden patios - very necessary for smokers - whilst regular upper floor rooms are the usual luxury hotel types. As the hotel is only 3 or 4 storeys high none of the rooms I have seen have a good view. I stayed in a suite in March with a sizeable and pretty sitting room and a corner balcony which was very agreeable.
The rooftop pool is small and shabby chic. It depends on what you like. It's not to my cup of tea as I think the whole pool area needs rebuilding in a more stylish way. There is not enough space for everyone to have a sun lounger and you are crammed into the small area between pool and cabana on busy days. The adjoining cafe/bar and fire pit area are gorgeous though. Food up here very good and a great lunch spot for those who want to escape.
The restaurant is typical stuffy LA hotel atmosphere. I would head out to one of the many famous and fabulous eateries within walking distance.
The luxury transportation provided to guests within Beverly Hills is beyond doubt the best in town. The Rolls Royce Phantom comes out at night to drop you at Spago or pick you up from an outing to Sprinkles Cupcakes nearby. The staff are SUPERB. The concierge service the best I have encountered in LA (and I have stayed many places).
Nothing is perfect however and they screwed up my booking when I came over for my 50th birthday in March. Twice I found chocolate coated strawberries in my suite saying happy birthday which was nice but no bottle of champagne to accompany it and since I was staying for 10 days I felt it to be totally lacking in style and very mean. I have received a bottle of Veuve Cliquot at the Four Seasons Bev Hills for simply complaining that my room had not been serviced by 3pm!
But that is small fry compared to the overall brilliance of this hostelry. GO, but take a fat wallett.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Esher, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2011

What a fabulous hotel. Great attention to detail and faultless service. Lovely large rooms beautifully furnished. Only issue we had was the pool area where on occasion it can be difficult to get a lounger as most of the space is given to the cabanas which you can hire for $250 a day. Obviously that is where the money is made and so the other guests are all crammed into a very small area around the jacuzzi.
Otherwise great!

Room Tip: Only 5 floors and surrounded on 3 sides by roads so you will inevitably experience some noise
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

As always, impeccable service and attention to detail, by which all 5 star hotels can be judged. Concierge was the best ever. Easy walk to Rodeo Drive.The world's best cars have a regular turnover in the entry parking driveway. Include in the budget for limo hire as LA taxi's are the worst ever. Meals are huge, but that's Americans for you. Only tiniest disappointment was no tea or coffee making facility in room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Paul E
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

Without a doubt, the loveliest hotel experience we have ever had. The service was second to none. We stayed in a beautifully renovated room on the 4th floor overlooking the fountain by the hotel entrance. The room was spotless, beautifully appointed, and very quiet. The cleaning staff were very efficient and unobtrusive. I can't say enough about the service- fresh fruit every day, Fiji water every morning, a "sleeping tonic" at turndown- the list goes on. We had drinks a few times at the bar. We checked in a bit early on arrival (about 1pm) so they nudged us into the bar for complementary drinks and snacks! Our room was ready about 15 minutes later. We had breakfast twice at the roof top restaurant. You must try the pineapple- it has a crispy sugar crust on it like creme brule! Delicious! The service at the pool was also fab. We were presented with watermelon lemonade popsicles, frozen grapes and a complementary foot rub from the spa staffers. I thought I had died and gone to heaven! We did take advantage of the Hotel car (I think it was a Bentley?). They drove us to Cut, the Wolfgang Puck restaurant at the Beverley Wilshire. I was so neatto pull up to the hotel in that car! I did not get a chance to visit the spa, and I am kicking myself. The valet service was really fast and all of the staff were unfailingly gracious. The hotel celebrated it's 20th anniversary while we were there- I hope they are around for at least another 20. I know I am gushing about this hotel, but it was a seriously awesome experience and worth every penny. The location is also great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SammyJ
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

Had the most amazing stay here. It was my husbands birthday and I wanted to do something special.The staff went beyond special. They upgraded us to a cottage complete with two balconies,a jacuzzi,large living room,and lovely bedroom.The birthday meal in their restaurant was delicious as was room service breakfast the next day.{it was pouring and we didn't want to leave the cozy fireplace] Service was outstanding.Every detail was in place.I can't think of a nicer hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Lira77
calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2011

Such a classy hotel!!! Rooms are lovely...staff is above and beyond...food is 5 star...pool was nice...cabana's are great...overall a great relaxing stay!!!
they treated our daughter like Royalty...she loved the staff!! We had afternoon tea and it was so nice... we went to dinner at Maestro's one night and they drove us in the rolls royce..so classy!! We also love the little lounge...great ambience!! The rooftop patio is excellent!! we will definitely be back!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Vickib_1973
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Beverly Hills Hotel
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,103 reviews
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Westside
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#8 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Peninsula Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!