“Wagyu”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of CUT

CUT
Reserve with OpenTable
CUT is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 320 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cumbria, United Kingdom
“Wagyu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

Staff very informative and attentive, menu extensive a lot of choice.
Could have easily had three or four starters.
Main course selection very good, had the Wagyu, I know it's expensive but now and again it's worth it.
Not disappointed the steak was great
No room for deserts.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Phil B

• Turkish first
California
“Modern, Great Vibe, Good Ambiance”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I came here with my boyfriend to celebrate his birthday. Being a steak and a Wolfgang fan, this was a MUST TRY for me. The service was good. We had 2 waiters, a main guy and his assistant. The assistant had a great personality, whereas the main waiter was more formal. Both gave great recommendations however and overall, the service was good. They don't come check on you every 5 minutes, however, they are definitely attentive, and if you need something, or don't like something, you need to say it. The decor is modern, the chairs at the tables are like office chairs and you sit very closer to others if dining in the center of the room. Definitely request a booth if available.

We started with the Crab and Shrimp Louis salad - AMAZING. I recommend this. For the main, we ordered mac and cheese (nothing something I would get again, but it was good...not as cheesy as I would of liked), brussel sprouts (these had nice BIG pieces of bacon in it, the flavor overall was good) and shared the sampler of meat (the assistant waiter recommended this as I wanted to do the Japanese Wagu, but he said it's great, but very heavy. They split the sampler for you if you're sharing, and it's definitely enough food, and gives you a chance to try different cuts which is nice). For dessert we had this strawberry meringue dish that was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! The highlight of the evening was seeing Gordon Ramsey dining with David Beckham, Posh and Eva Longoria.

Would I come here again, yes, however, there are so many wonderful steak restaurants in LA, I would try something new. But I do recommend trying this restaurant as the food was good.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank TBiird
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not worth the money- average food, below average ambiance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We visited Cut Beverly Hills on our recent trip to LA. Walking in I expected an intimate, elegant dining experience with Beverly Hllls swanky style. This is not what is found. Instead, it is a loud, open dining space with little ambiance and cheap seating, place settings and decor. For my meal, I ordered the chicken which was just an entire chicken cut into pieces for $38. It wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't anything remarkable. The bread before the meal and the side of winter vegetables were better than the chicken. When the waitress asked how I liked my meal I said I was not impressed. She simply insincerely smiled and said "enjoy your meal". She couldn't give a hoot what I had said. My husband ordered a steak and enjoyed his, but said he had had an equally good steak elsewhere for less. Our waitress also dropped my wine glass on the floor and broke it, which didn't bother me, and she comped us two desserts which I must say were delicious. Wolfgang himself did come to our table which was cool. However, overall there is better food and much better ambiance to be had at other LA steakhouses.

• Visited January 2014
Staffordshire
“kept waiting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Booked a table well in advance of our stay at BE and was very surprised to be kept waiting for 15 minutes. Also to have to stand in lobby as not enough seats for people. The waiter made it up by excellent service but meal was too salty and we left a large amount. The final insult was when we asked to take the remainder of our overpriced wine to our room, the waiter gave us the wine in the decanter as the bottle had been removed. When we were going out of the lobby door back to our room the woman on the desk stopped us publicly and told us we could not take the decanter. We were made to feel like criminals. She removed the decanter from my husband's hands and went to the bar and poured it into two wine glasses and handed them to us. No apologies and no recognition that this was highly embarrassing. I would not eat here again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank StaffordshireNicola
Perth, Australia
“NYE not the best night at Cut”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

NYE let Cut down....lack of atmosphere, rushed service (even for late sitting), errors in food, wine not available, side bar (with godfather feel) too busy for restaurant guests to get access to....given the previous great reviews I can only assume that this is a restaurant to visit during regular times. Will try again next time am staying at Beverly Wilshire.