“An excellent hideaway in Beverly Hills”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Reserve with OpenTable
La Dolce Vita is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 333 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire
Description: Steeped in Hollywood history, La Dolce Vita features a relevant menu and some of LA's most inventive cocktail recipes. Having been open for 50+ years, La Dolce Vita has quite a storied past. Frank Sinatra held court here and the Reagans convened their Kitchen Cabinet, on numerous occasions, at table 14. New owner Alessandro Uzielli tapped in to his New York Upper East Side Restaurant roots to bring this unique night spot back to being the go to place it was when it opened in 1966. Just blocks from Rodeo Drive and the center of Beverly Hills, La Dolce Vita provides an exceptional location, unparalleled atmosphere, excellent Italian cuisine, and great wine and cocktail offerings.
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I am born and raised in Los Angeles - and even though La Dolce Vita has been in business since 1966, last night was my first time there ...... but not my last. You will definitely need reservations at La Dolce Vita because it is a small, intimate space. The entire staff is professional but not stuffy - in fact they are very friendly. Yes the place is pricey - but you get what you pay for. My dining partner ate like there was no tomorrow. We split the calamari appetizer and then split an order of farfalle pasta with Italian sausages. This pasta dish is incredible. My friend tried the sand dabs which she said were OK but not fantastic. I ordered the rack of lamb entree - the wine reduction sauce was fantastic. As it was my friend's birthday, and I'd notified the restaurant in advance, we finished our dinner with a complimentary tiramisu - to the tune of the waitstaff singing "happy birthday" to my friend.

We split a bottle of Chianti at $55 - the bottles of wine start in the mid $40's and go up into the three-digit price range.

I look forward to going back and introducing friends to La Dolce Vita - it's old school rat-pack Italian decor with an updated menu is a winner!

1  Thank GareThere

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Close your eyes long enough and you'll be able to see Dean Martin sitting at his old regular table. But the fun stops there. Overly formal and stuffy ambience and service, average Italian food, and with their prices, you'd better bring a lot of cash.

2  Thank mmislove
Reviewed January 10, 2013

The concierge at the Beverly Hilton suggest this restaurant across the busy street. It is unpretentious from the street but the door opens to a surprise. The food and service were both good as promised but the number of celebrities that came in to dine couldn't have been more exciting. Its been told that this Italian restaurant was one of Frank Sinatra's favorite. It is worth a visit.

1  Thank Phil H
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This restaurant is old-school Beverly Hills - I don't advise coming in here in flip-flops and shorts - you will get dirty looks from the old ( probably wealthy ) snobs who are regulars. I come here relatively often, the food is very good, service is excellent , ambiance wonderful. You might even get Nancy Reagan's regular table, if it is available. Use the valet- there is no parking around there. Only problem is that the wine list is disappointing. There are no French bordeaux wines, as I recall; strange for an expensive West-side restaurant.

1  Thank Richard William G
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Do not come here if you expect American style Italian food served quickly.
We were greeted, seated and offered a drink as soon as we arrived. But, in true Italian style, we were allowed to appreciate the social event before we got down to the business of enjoying the menu.
What a menu!
Delicious food, beautifully prepared and presented.
The service was unobtrusive yet our glasses were never allowed to empty.
Strongly recommended if you appreciate good food and live to eat rather than eat to live.

2  Thank spud30