“twice in once day”

208 Rodeo Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
208 Rodeo Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #27 of 337 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire
Description: Set atop the stairs on Via Rodeo's cobblestone street, 208 Rodeo Restaurant has been serving luxury and bistro fare in a unique, romantic setting for over twenty years.Exuding Rodeo Drive elegance, the restaurant's flagstone patio overlooks the historical Beverly Wilshire Hotel. Whether it is for breakfast, lunch, happy hour or dinner, for a quick bite or a full meal, 208 Rodeo offers it all. Serving California cuisine with pan-Asian and Italian influences, the eatery present dishes that are prepared with local seasonal ingredients. 208 Rodeo Restaurant also serves cocktails, wines and beers, delectable desserts and Illy coffee drinks. An all day children's menu is available. B, L, D (daily).
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I stopped for drinks here one afternoon and we were so impressed by the food we saw coming out that we went to the hotel, changed and returned for dinner. We had the same waiter, Josh, both times.

When we returned in the evening, Josh recognised us and welcomed us back. One of the best, if not THE best waiter we experienced in 17 nights in the USA. He was so helpful. Even though he was busy waiting tables he gave us some great tips on other things to do in the area. Even though were the last customers in the restaurant he never made us feel like he wanted us to hurry up

The food was great. We both had the burger. It wasn't your average burger. It felt luxurious. The truffle fries which accompanied it are my new favourite thing. YUMMY!!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Anytime I'm in LA I try to make to 208 Rodeo, their food is outstanding...and I love to sit on the patio. On a recent trip with my husband we decided to check out their breakfast and I wasn't disappointed at all...the food was fantastic, we each had the Rodeo Breakfast Treat, which is basically coffee, with your choice of juice, eggs, meat, potatoes and toast, all for under $20!!! Amazing for Beverly Hills and really more for than either of us could finish.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stumbled on this restaurant while strolling along rodeo drive. Welcomed warmly by staff at the entrance and given great table on outdoor terrace. Pleasant setting with nice lighting. Was with friends but would make a great date restaurant too. Food was excellent and service was impeccable. Would definitely dine there again the next time I am in the area.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I had done zero research before heading off to Beverly Hills for lunch, and our cab dropped us off, as requested, in the heart of Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. We wandered around a bit, and my every trusty partner was hungrier than I and asked if we wanted to lunch as we were standing in front of a restaurant which caught her eye.

I don't expect much in terms of restaurants in luxury areas -- I generally assume mediocre food at an elevated price.

I was pleasantly surprised, as the food was anything but mediocre. It was well prepared, a little undersalted for my taste, and service was good. The menu was not particularly imaginative but given the view, the location, and ambiance, and well prepared food -- you can overlook a menu that is less than ambitious.

Service was excellent -- friendly, not stuffy, but a few things keep me from giving this an 'excellent'.

There is a mandatory 15.8% gratuity added to the bill -- which given the elevated pricing, is a few bucks. I'd normally give a gratuity in that range, and possibly more, if the service were found to be exceptional, but to be forced to do so is a bit out of bounds in my mind.

I had, for a starter, an American slider -- I've been having a hamburger craving, and for my main, a lovely seafood cappaletti and my partner had a nice seafood salad. Nice reasonably priced wines by the glass, and generous, delicious looking deserts which we passed on.

Nice place to go just to say you've been there.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Visiting this place in the evening and it wasnt busy at all considering it was Saturday night. The food is good and the service was also good- you are certainly paying for the view so make sure you sit outside. It was very cold when I was there but they brought out heaters and it was ok.