“Pleasant enough but not really my scene”
Review of Champs Elysees

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Perth, Australia
“Pleasant enough but not really my scene”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I think we may have led ourselves astray heading to this cafe.

The breakfast and coffee were good but the decor was average and the neighbourhood left something to be desired (cheap nail salons and massage places). I was disappointed as soon as I walked in.
Basically we should not have gone there. I am just re reading the reviews wondering how or why I decided this would be a suitable place for us for breakfast......certainly not the Beverly Hills experience I was after - ie a great breakfast followed by a leisurely wander around boutiques.

To be fair to the restaurant, they didn't fit my expectation. That isn't their fault, it's mine.

• Visited April 2013

Broxburn, United Kingdom
“Authentic French it is not”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

They would go apoplectic in France if you even suggested reheating a pastry-based item like a quiche lorraine in a microwave! The result? Grease-laden stodge with (thin) tough, soggy pastry that was barely edible. OK, I ordered fries, but a little salad garnish would not have gone amiss. A French name and a schematic of the Paris Metro in the (only) loo does not make for Parisian authenticity, not by a long chalk. This was the only bad meal of an otherwise fantastic 16-night US holiday.

• Visited April 2013
Woodland Hills,CA
“mediocre food”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I have stopped for lunch twice within the past year, and nothing has changed. The side salad was half spoiled and the vegitable quiche was freshly microwayved and very soggy on the bottom. Will not return.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank freemaee
“My favorite place for breakfast!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

This little caffe in Beverly Hills got everything ; easy parking, good coffee, nice staff, good food, nice ambiance , and most of all reasonable prices. We go there for breakfast most of the time, and we love their French toast! They have a self service coffee which is very convenient .
I recommend this restaurant , you won't be disappointed .

• Visited March 2013
Half Moon Bay, California
“Quaint neighborhood cafe with good food”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Upon entering the usually bustling cafe you are struck with the gorgeous looking pastries and desserts in the case. You can't help but want to stay and enjoy the atmosphere and outside sidewalk dining option. Plates of hot and prepared meals are generous and beautifully delivered. I would say the food is good and not great though. The croissant holding my turkey sandwich was chewy tether than melty and flakey. The veggie quiche was fluffy and light but greasy and bland. The salads delivered along with both meals was light and nice and lightly flavored with a lovely vinaigrette. I would return for sure but wouldn't go out of my way.