“Some good, some bad, but not worth the prices”
Review of Caffe Roma

Caffe Roma
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe Roma is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 327 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Brighton Way
Los Angeles, California
“Some good, some bad, but not worth the prices”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

I took my daughter here for lunch last weekend. We sat at a table in the sun as it wasn't too hot, but realized after a while that the heater near us was on and we starting cooking. We asked to move, so the waiter made out as if it was a huge deal and went to get the boss. Boss came out and apologized, saying they couldn't put up the umbrella as the heater was on (???) So we moved, got a different waiter who was pleasant. Most of the wait staff were Italian, which was nice at an Italian restaurant.

I ordered pizza with sopressata (imported) and my daughter ordered what was basically a caprese panini (can't remember what they called it.) My pizza would have been fabulous had they not have rolled the dough in the middle to 1mm thin. The sopressata was very salty; I must have drank at least 4 glasses of water. The flavor of the edge crust and sauce was very good, so it was disappointing to have the ultra thin middle and overly salty salami. My daughter's panino and salad were fine, and we then ordered the chocolate souffle, which is a misnomer as it is not a souffle at all, but molten chocolate lava cake. We had figured this out ahead of time due to it's description, and it was very good.

We paid half price due to a Google offer coupon, or else I would have given a 2 star rating due to the prices. They also took about 15 minutes to bring the final bill due to the coupon-they obviously don't get them too often.

• Visited April 2012

New York City, New York
“Solid Tradition”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Happy to be back in memories --when the piano player Marco was there - it was a very good return to this outstanding Beverly Hills Italian, sorry, ROMAN! very good food, ambiance, service and fun, my date was so happy that I had to go back again the next evening --with another date:)!

Visited March 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great service, great crowd, good food”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

A girl friend and I visited Caffe Roma on a Friday night. The vibe was great - a diverse and well dressed crowd in the bar/lounge area, old Italian film playing on the huge projector screen on the patio, and a warm inviting feeling in the inside dining area.
We had pasta, sole, warm chocolate cake, tuna salad, and amazing cocktails.
The chef is an awesome guy, very humble and fun, sent complimentary cocktails to our table because we loved the food and vibe so much.
Dancing afterwards in the bar area was a hoot - everyone was so relaxed and just having a good time mingling and enjoying the music (Top 40, euro dance, even some hip hop).
Highly recommended for a fun night out for friends, couples, business associates, or a romantic dinner.

• Visited January 2012
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
“Treated like a star”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Super happy hour with nice varied music.
Dinner and wine of good quality.

Visited January 2012
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Excellent Italian food and service”
Reviewed November 16, 2011

On a warm day we enjoyed an excellent meal with perfect service in the inner patio. My friend said the restaurant had been completely refurbished since her family ate well here years ago.

On request the waiter made me an excellent Negroni to freshen the palate and soon we had fresh crusty bread Balsamic and good oil on the table too. I started with a deliciously simple Caprese salad, sliced fresh tomato, basil and a dollop of buffalo mozzarella as served in Capri.

My friend raved about her herbed tomato soup that seemed an entire meal. Then she had veal filets with cheese, which she liked, and my seafood risotto was perfect.

The light rice was well flavoured and mixed with juicy prawns plus clams and mussels alongside. Plenty of parmesan to sprinkle.

Our fellow diners seemed to be there for a mix of business and pleasure and I would love to return one day.

Should you fancy a post prandial cigar, near the patio is a cigar lounge where I spied a Hollywood star, with a very Italian last name, relaxing in a comfy chair.

• Visited September 2011