“The most flavorful Chinese dinner I can remember.”
Review of Hakkasan Beverly Hills - CLOSED

Hakkasan Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Wilshire Boulevard
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This isn't a wholly unqualified review as the noise level is deafening, so much so as to make conversation almost impossible (until it's turned down a bit), and the reservation desk staff are charming but completely clueless, not being able to find a confirmed reservation without much head scratching. Other reviewers have remarked on the "A" list clientele and the elegant yet modern settings both of which are accurate and need little further elaboration from me except to remark how nice it is to see short skirts back again!
Once seated we complained about the sound level which was promptly reduced, rather to my surprise actually. We ordered soup and salads to start, the crispy duck salad being truly remarkable, and then had a variety of mains including a claypot chicken, a perfectly grilled sea bass and a spicy steamed sea bass. Oh, and a tofu and eggplant claypot dish for our vegetarian. All of this sounds pretty typical for Cantonese food doesn't it? It wasn't. The flavors were focused yet balanced and with an intensity that one rarely experiences. Everything was beautifully presented and flawlessly cooked plus our waiters were ready to offer advice, always available yet never intrusive and genuinely cared about us. Even desert met those standards and if you try their coconut pudding you'll find it hard to keep to just one! If you've read my previous reviews you might consider me to be an unforgiving reviewer and perhaps I am although I hope I'm fair.If so, consider this review in that light. Hakkasan is as expensive as it is good - and it is very, very good. Not for everyday but for a splurge, you can't do much better.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

I've been to the Hakkasan, Miami at least twenty times, and the Hakkasan, SF, at least ten times. I am a HUGE fan of the restaurant-love the food, menu, service, in general, and of course, the space and the settings! All extremely unique, yet similar, with that edgey, Hakkasan design and feel-very sexy!
However, it's absolutely impossible to get a rezzie on Open Table, good luck! I've only gotten in by luck, going early, going on an off night, etc. As the food, service, and atmosphere are exceptional in the BH location, there is WAY too much attitude from the front desk, and the floor managers. I'm sure some of them are nice, but the French one who knows me actually yelled at me, saying I was accusing him of lying because, as usual, I couldn't get a rezzie, and as usual, the restaurant was once again, empty!?
As that night went on, the restaurant filled up, so I understood! However, I did not think it was a crime to inquire about why the restaurant was, once again, so empty when I couldn't rezzie!? I also wrote an email to the GM, but got no response!
We had an excellent meal, with excellent service, but the evening was marred by French attitude! In a Chinese restaurant, nonetheless-

1  Thank keentraveler30
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Was in Bev Hills for business and went there with some clients. A beautiful place in the heart of Bev Hills. A beautiful large place loaded with 25-40 "A" listers ! Checked in at 7:45 for my 8 pm res. They said about 10 minutes... and went to have a drink at the large long bar ...and sure enough in about 15 minutes they came to seat us. Dinner was amazing with all types of asian specialties, all excellent ! Excellent service from Dan... Will definately be back !

Reviewed November 6, 2013

After the Lionel Richie concert, we called and asked if there was room for two and if the kitchen was still open. We rushed over and after being seated, told that the kitchen was closed, even though we got there 10 minutes to 11am. While starving, a $50 cab ride, needless to say, we were very disappointed, but we decided to have drink anyway. The restaurant is hip, trendy and got a great vibe. The Bellini's are amazing, so I had two! Didn't get to eat or experience the food but will try and build dinner in our plans, the next time.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband & I went to Hakkasan in San Francisco, so having opened one close to us meant we had to go. Beverly Hills is the perfect place for this restaurant. Celebrity or anyone with a culinary palate and appreciation for ambience will want to be here. The food is creative, beautiful to look at and delectable. The service was fantastic and they make you feel as if you are the only one there. It starts from the moment you valet your car, until you leave. Drew our bartender was friendly & very knowledgeable. Once at our table everyone from Edward our server to the wine sommelier and food runners were amazing. They had only been opened 8 days and I've been to restaurants opened longer who don't run as smooth as Hakkasan. It's from all the hard work of the staff but mainly from the training Manager who was gracious and friendly. Thank you Ivano Guastella for making our evening as wonderful, impressive and amazing as it was in San Francisco. Next Hakkasan Las Vegas MGM. :)