“Beverly Hills Italian Eatery”
Review of La Scala

La Scala
Reserve with OpenTable
La Scala is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #73 of 335 Restaurants in Beverly Hills
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Beverly Hills
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Located on Canon Drive and within walking distance of Rodeo Drive sits this lovely Italian restaurant that is a staple in the area. The staff is very accommodating and pleasant and the service is superb.

The food quality is excellent and reasonably priced. The veal Marsala is an excellent choice and one of the guests loved his steak - so it has a varied menu designed to please every taste. It has the usual Beverly Hills relaxed atmosphere so leave the ties at home. I definitely recommend it from a price to quality standpoint.

1  Thank BobofNewtn

Reviewed October 27, 2012

Went with friends and had a great evening. Of course we all had famous chopped salad - you can ask for exactly the ingredients you want. Mains are delicious too and leave room for amazing deserts.

1  Thank grahamrp
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Well I finally took my husband to La Scala for the chopped salad, his favourite dish, and it was very tasty indeed. I had the chopped turkey with added roasted red peppers, and he had the chopped chicken with added tomatoes, and both were very yummy, what makes it special is the dressing and the fineness of the chop. I do think the additions helped in making it a much better salad, but they do come at a cost and the basic salad is priced pretty high.

As other people have said the service is only so-so, and the noise level makes it hard to have an intimate conversation. I wish they would cut their bread all the way through as it is hard to tear a slice off without mangling the loaf. Also I wish it was clear that the only drinks that come with free refills are the iced tea and water, especially since they fill your drink with so much ice that you barely get any drink. I guess I have been spoiled by everywhere else providing free refills of soda.

There is Beverly Hills free public parking across the street.

We will probably get the chopped salad again, but will go to La Scala Presto where it is cheaper.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Went with a group of 9, with a reservation. Valet parking on the block for a series of restaurants, which is not well marked. $8 to park. We were seated promptly and drink orders taken and served promptly.

Portions were good sized and service was attentive. I shared a caesar salad, which was good, but hard to see anything special. Anchovies are extra. A number of us tried the lobster ravioli. Interesting dish, but the ravioli and even the light brown sauce overwhelmed the tase of the lobster. I also tasted the "famous" house salad, which I've had before. Hard to see what the fuss is about.

The room is fairly noisy. Some folks like an "energetic" scene, but if I'm with friends and family I'd like to chat. If I want a noisy room I'll go to Cheesecake Factory.

Cost about $60 per person.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

La Scala is located on a street with about 19 other Italian restaurants thus has to compete. Their chopped salad is what they are famous for and I know some who love it but they can't say exactly why. I think its pretty average. Its packed with Italian meats and a pretty basic dressing. Its not bad but the Cobb Salad at Barney Greengrass is better. Service is old-school and the ambiance is not very updated. Its an OK place to eat but there others also worth of consideration just steps away.